Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Week 1 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

vetinari wrote: »
    It'd be enough to make you think the game was rigged!

Not a chance. Hell would freezer over quicker, before the Giants would ever allow a Cowboys win.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭nerd69

Good run of games yesterday outside of te boys-giants game. Mariota looked really composed it will be interesting to see if the Titans can build around him now or if he will end up like cam.

Can't fecking wait till the Eagles game later I'm not sure we will stay healthy enough to get a sb this year but the first few games should be excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Double C

Dez has a broken bone in his foot and is set to miss 4 to 6 weeks. That's a huge blow, some big games in there starting with @ the Eagles next week.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,969 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Just watched the condensed version of the late game last night. Awful from the Giants to not ice the game when they had it down in the redzone so late. An unreal drive from Romo though. Dunbar is a handy receiving back.

Really looking forward to seeing the Eagles tonight, handy that it's slightly earlier than usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I'm still seething from it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,773 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I thought it was insane by the Giants to take that field goal, Cowboys had just cut through them easily a cour of minutes befor that. They should have went for it on 4th down. They ice the game with a td or leave Dallas having to go the full length of the field if they fail to score.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

eagle eye wrote: »
    I thought it was insane by the Giants to take that field goal, Cowboys had just cut through them easily a cour of minutes befor that. They should have went for it on 4th down. They ice the game with a td or leave Dallas having to go the full length of the field if they fail to score.

At 23-20, not taking the FG is equally as crazy. In all honesty, it was the play call on 3rd down that killed them. Absolutely crazy decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,191 ✭✭✭✭DvB

SantryRed wrote: »
    At 23-20, not taking the FG is equally as crazy. In all honesty, it was the play call on 3rd down that killed them. Absolutely crazy decision.

Agree.
    Had they not taken the FG at thta point & failed to score & handed over the ball it left the cowboys only requiring a FG to take the game into OT, this way they basically forced the cowboys to have to go up the field for the TD... & 9 times out of 10 it probably would have worked out & they'd have gotten the win... it was just one of those games.

Though as already said, had they made the right call at 3D it all would have been irrelevant anyway...

Either way, I'm not complaining.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

SantryRed wrote: »

Apparently Eli didn't know that Dallas got their timeout back when the flag was thrown earlier in the series, so thought the clock was ticking all the play before he threw it.

He'd have taken the sack otherwise.

Still doesn't excuse not taking the sack, or running the ball on 3rd regardless. Whole thing was a shambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Watched the Giants Cowboys game this morning but watched the condensed version on my break in work.

What the hell were the Giants at ? I mean you should be doing anything bar throwing in that situation on third down with your opponents out of time outs and you leading.

Maybe I'm wrong but it was a bizarre call and not one you expect from a two time winning super bowl coach and QB paring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,061 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Its glorious to watch the Giants fail, but to see it happen against them is not as fulfilling really.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

All caught up with the Giants/Cowboys. Eli Manning's clock management/play calling was absolutely shambolic.

Assured a victory and they absolutely blow it despite being ruthless with turnovers.

Cowboys really had no business winning that game really.

Mad stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Good old NFC East, never fails to disappoint! :D

I made a nice profit off that division last year going with the over in the points and underdog to cover every time, didnt get to make a bit yesterday but the underdog had to have been covered in a 1pt game, and 53 probably would have got over the line, barely (although there were points with 4 mins or so left in the first half!).

Moral of the story, if you're betting kn the NFL blindly, pick the underdog to cover and the over on the points in NFL East matches every time. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,061 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Paully D wrote: »

Dafuq

Something like me and a mate playing Madden actuvely not scoring so we can run more time off and leave less time for opponent to score but **** me

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Not scoring a TD makes even less sense. Score a TD, Cowboys still need their own TD, plus recovering an onside kick and another score.

Were they really that arrogant in that 3rd down play that they thought it was a sure fire TD play, or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭nerd69

So ye finally gona get rid of Coughlan lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I'll actually get to watch the game live tonight. Been a while since I've been able to watch the Monday night game. Rare Tuesday off.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

That Jennings thing is the most ludicrous thing I've ever heard. Absolute farce. The only way it could even slightly make sense is if they didn't know the score.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

So excited... Lets go Eagles. We could be insane or else i could be going to bed sad. I slept for a few hours earlier to at least feel human tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Had the late shift in work so I'm good sleep wise. I've planed to watch the first quarter at least maybe first half depending how fast it goes. Then it's sleep and notifications OFF and scores off on gamepass.

What are Gruden and Tirico wearing? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

very fast 3 and out

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Langdon Alger

Paully D wrote: »
    What are Gruden and Tirico wearing? :eek:

Its a tribute to Frank Gifford

https://twitter.com/bhofheimer_espn/status/643559803814588416

Patrick DiMarco might just have killed Malcolm Jenkins :eek:

Was some block alright...

should have got the int there but happy to keep them to 3 given how easy it looked initially...

why are the Eagles just not running it to beasley's side

Eagles starting really slowly... :(

KIKO doing his best OBJ impression

• Advertisement

Wow... go Kiko... what an Int. Thought they had us there.

Advertisement