Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part II **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

pelevin wrote: »
    They sell everything at one time or another. Except maybe beetroot.

I'm still waiting for the Rapha gear to arrive
    #lidl

• Registered Users Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

koutoubia wrote: »
    Never I suppose...but neither was June ,July or August this year.

July was poor, and August was mixed, but June was dry and reasonably warm, in Dublin at least. I got everything in the house washed and line-dried in June.

And Met Éireann agree:
    the nearest to normal conditions for the time of year were in parts of Dublin in June.
    http://www.met.ie/news/display.asp?ID=332
    The driest area (compared to monthly LTA) was the Dublin area in June where monthly LTAs of below 30% were recorded, attributed to ‘dry spells between the 6th and 26th

Not a ringing endorsement, but pretty ok.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

I've been sulking a bit here about the sh*t title of the new thread but reading this puts things in perspective http://m.rte.ie/news/2015/0902/725113-migrants/

And the weather station in the Phoenix Park had its driest June since 1975!
    http://www.met.ie/climate/MonthlyWeather/clim-2015-Jun.pdf

Come on, June was pretty good!

(Summer of 2012 was much worse than this year's too.)

RobFowl wrote: »
    I've been sulking a bit here about the sh*t title of the new thread but reading this puts things in perspective http://m.rte.ie/news/2015/0902/725113-migrants/

My youngest daughter is the same age as the poor little fella.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,957 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

tomasrojo wrote: »
    And the weather station in the Phoenix Park had its driest June since 1975!...
    I would have thought 1976 was even drier. It was a bloody great summer. I recall being out playing in the sunshine at 7am each morning when my oul lad was heading to work on his bike. It seemed to go on for months. Loads of children with severe sun burn that year - no such thing as sun cream then!

In saying that, 1995 was probably drier but not as sunny. I think we went for 6 months without any proper rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

The clue to his possible intentions was a barrage of questions about the Boardman Pro Carbon.

So I'm guessing around €2500.

He's retired so no btw etc

http://www.bikelineshop.de/en/bikes/cannondale/road-race-bikes/cannondale-super-six-evo-carbon-ultegra.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

RobFowl wrote: »

Sulking about a thread title? Come on Rob!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Sulking about a thread title? Come on Rob!

Triathletes!

Right?

Triathletes!

Right?

Me??
    Not at all.....

11427882_10152943300883317_2109873615_n.jpg?oh=c595e53f9b200a9e991f754336e8ee4a&oe=55E9AC7B

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

bp_me wrote: »

Lovely bike but surely even more aggressive than the Boardman Pro Carbon?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

qhuzv.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

Lovely bike but surely even more aggressive than the Boardman Pro Carbon?

Probably but not by much. A few mm and half a degree here/there.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Buzwaldo

bp_me wrote: »
    Probably but not by much. A few mm and half a degree here/there.

Marginal Gains

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Great Dublin Bike Ride are still looking for volunteers for Sunday, if anyone's feeling generous.

http://greatdublinbikeride.ie/volunteering/

You get a free jacket (revolting), hi-viz gilet (ditto; they shoulda got GeorgiaInDublin to sponsor), T-shirt (…), breakfast roll (yay) etc.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Buzwaldo wrote: »
    Marginal Gains
    Great Dublin Bike Ride are still looking for volunteers for Sunday, if anyone's feeling generous.

You get a free jacket (revolting), hi-viz gilet (ditto; they shoulda got GeorgiaInDublin to sponsor), T-shirt (…), breakfast roll (yay) etc.

Love to, I'd say there'd be a great spread afterwards for volunteers! I got an email from CI to volunteer. I can't do it though. Currently in hospital waiting to get my appendix out. 2 weeks off the bike completely :( :mad::( :mad: The Leinsters are on in a few weeks and I won't be able to race, I was REALLY looking forward to them boo! I think I should just book a bed in Vincent's for this time of year every year!

Best wishes, gadetra. My brother had his out a few weeks ago. They seem to have got this operation down to a fine and quick art now.

tomasrojo wrote: »
    Best wishes, gadetra. My brother had his out a few weeks ago. They seem to have got this operation down to a fine and quick art now.

Thanks. I'm hoping to get out of here soon, I haven't eaten for 2 whole days :eek: It's so busy.

Ah, that's a poor show.

Ah it is what it is, can't be helped.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Was all-Ireland Sunday, they best day for it?

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

It's on Sunday 13th, possibly an all-Ireland on but no sell-out in Croker that day...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Oh lordy, good luck with your op and recovery @gadetra

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

gadetra wrote: »
    I think I should just book a bed in Vincent's for this time of year every year!

If you are in the private hospital it is like a hotel....

Good luck with your recovery.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

xebec wrote: »
    It's on Sunday 13th, possibly an all-Ireland on but no sell-out in Croker that day...

My bad, I thought it was this Sunday

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭nilhg

By janey the cold arrived suddenly. I booked a holiday in Iceland next week, looks like I may well be warmer there.

Taking the bike?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

The Football is the 20th, Third Sunday of September always. The camogie is on that day however

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

nilhg wrote: »
    Taking the bike?

Nope, mainly a hiking trip for me. I may well go back sometime and cycle it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,301 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Message from guy Martin
    "I’ve had my head down for a few weeks, because I didn’t want the world knowing I spannered myself, but it turns out the world already knew. I also wanted to make sure that anything you heard was straight from the horse’s mouth.
    "I’ve had over 100 cards wishing me well. I really appreciate them, I read them all and I think they’re mega. So thanks for them.
    "I don’t remember anything about the crash after headbutting the ground, but the Dainese and AGV stuff I was racing in was bloody brilliant. The leathers were cut off me, but there weren’t many scuffs on them. I headbutted the ground at 130mph, then skidded into a dirt field and catapulted off a few things. The impact I hit the ground with was massive. I was knocked out, but it’s a credit to that helmet that I didn’t suffer any damage other than a badly bloodshot eye. There are no rubbish helmets any more really, but I wouldn’t have wanted to be wearing anything other than my AGV.
    "I’ve broken some vertebrae, but I’ve got to say the Dainese back protector did its job. It has a honeycomb aluminium core that was crushed by the impact, which is what’s supposed to happen, and it’s making funny noise if you flex it, but I crashed on Thursday night, I was operated on Friday afternoon and walking Saturday morning. I was in the shed the following Thursday. That back protector genuinely saved my bloody life.
    "I might have come around at the trackside, because the marshals told people I was spouting the usual gibberish. I properly woke up in hospital. Then it was all the usual questions, Where are you sore? Does this hurt? I was in Belfast Royal and I’ve never been more impressed by a hospital than I was by that place, all the staff were great. I broke five vertebrae, but they bolted six together, from T4 to T10, because two are unstable, meaning there’s a chance they could move and damage my spinal column. They had to rod my spine because I broke my sternum too. Normally the front will hold the back together or the back will hold the front, but I had broken both front and back. My sternum is cracked straight down the middle, but that’s only cartilage so they don’t do anything to try repair it. I broke five ribs and two metacarpals in right hand, too, and my hand’s been plated.
    "I’ve been back at work a while, but I’m struggling with everything. Sharon, my other-half, thought I was an idiot for trying to go back to work so soon, but I’d spent nearly a week at home, and I had to do something. Now she admits that me going to work has moved me on loads, mentally and physically. There’s no better physio than working on trucks and I know when I’m doing too much, I’m not planning to do anything that puts the recovery back.
    "The surgeon had to move my shoulder blade muscles to get the metalwork in, then fasten them all on again. That’s what’s causing the most bother, the muscle not the broken bones. A lot of my work involves having my hands above my head, in the pit working on a truck above me, but I’m alright as long as I don’t overdo it. If it gets too much Moody or Belty give me a hand and I’m getting stronger everyday.
    "Having a few days off work gave me time to think about what I want to do, and realise all things that have had to go on hold. I still want to race, but I’m not going to rush into deciding what or where I’m going to race.
    "So thanks again for all the best wishes and all the messages. Cheers."
    Guy

F××××××g bell !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

gadetra wrote: »
    Love to, I'd say there'd be a great spread afterwards for volunteers! I got an email from CI to volunteer. I can't do it though. Currently in hospital waiting to get my appendix out. 2 weeks off the bike completely :( :mad::( :mad: The Leinsters are on in a few weeks and I won't be able to race, I was REALLY looking forward to them boo! I think I should just book a bed in Vincent's for this time of year every year!

Stop trying to steal my 'off the bike' limelight :P

Rest up and hope the op goes well :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement