Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple announces September 9th event

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

The new force touch look very good I think. That can only get better.

Apple TV, It will be interesting to see what they do with Apps. I barely use my Atv3 at the moment. It is to closed. Grand if you like paying for your content. Which I do in most cases :)

I am not sure what they are doing with iCloud storage. Obviously the lesser tec savvy must be paying for it and keeping it going. As only 5gb free in this day and age is brutal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

how is it interesting? perhaps it didn't sell well because it looks shįte and they dumped it? Why is every decision they make interesting or mysterious. The last thing that apple did that was innovative and really blew me away was an app store with sdk where everyone else did the work, creativity and innovation aside from apple. A bloody colour taken of the shelves and that's interesting...wtf

Chill dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

Niemoj wrote: »
    The new Apple TV is one ugly looking thing.

33 millimetres in height, making it look like a fat puck.

33 millimetres is nothing in the grand scheme of things, it's not like you be keeping it in your pocket.

You should get around €50 more on a private sale through donedeal or adverts no problem.

its up on both sites :D

its up on both sites :D

I got €560 on Sunday for a 64gb so you should have no problem getting €50 more.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

Chill dude.

Ram it...bro

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

CEX said they would give me 550 for my 128gb grade A I might take it and get a 6s 64gb

I have 128gb and only used 8gb lol

I wouldn't give them the time of day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Ram it...bro

Hehehe. This kid.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

jonon9 wrote: »
    33 millimetres is nothing in the grand scheme of things, it's not like you be keeping it in your pocket.

I'm not sure, am I the only one whose Sky box/games consoles get pride of place under the tele and not hidden away in a press?

Maybe it's just me but that new Apple TV is ugly, not Apple-esque at all imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

Niemoj wrote: »
    I'm not sure, am I the only one whose Sky box/games consoles get pride of place under the tele and not hidden away in a press?

Maybe it's just me but that new Apple TV is ugly, not Apple-esque at all imo.

It looks basically like the old apple TV just taller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Kurn

how is it interesting? perhaps it didn't sell well because it looks shįte and they dumped it? Why is every decision they make interesting or mysterious. The last thing that apple did that was innovative and really blew me away was an app store with sdk where everyone else did the work, creativity and innovation aside from apple. A bloody colour taken of the shelves and that's interesting...wtf

There you go - seems others are interested after all :D:D:D
    http://www.theverge.com/2015/9/9/9297167/apple-iphone-6S-gold-color-option

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭nokia211

Hello I'm thinking about getting the new iPhone but due to the new iPhone having a better camera, including 4k video I fell like 16gb won't do this time. I just don't want to pay an extra 100 on top of that, checking the french and german apple sites a 64gb iPhone 6 plus would be like 950!!. The prices have gone up around 50 euro. Does anybody know when the prices start to drop on the likes of sites such as adverts and eBay. I want to get one at launch but I don't mind waiting a little longer to get it cheeper

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Hardware wise the new Apple TV is ugly imo, it wasn't all that bad in the first place but making it taller just doesn't look as appealing for some reason. I think the remote looks pretty basic design wise too, not as bad as the last but nothing to shout about.

The software UI looks great though, as the box will just sit under the TV i'm not too bothered about the looks of that and as long as it works well that's great.

Did they mention anything about the new TV specs wise? I just noticed it has the new USB-C as the service port, didn't expect them to include it here but glad to have it.

nokia211 wrote: »
    Hello I'm thinking about getting the new iPhone but due to the new iPhone having a better camera, including 4k video I fell like 16gb won't do this time. I just don't want to pay an extra 100 on top of that, checking the french and german apple sites a 64gb iPhone 6 plus would be like 950!!. The prices have gone up around 50 euro. Does anybody know when the prices start to drop on the likes of sites such as adverts and eBay. I want to get one at launch but I don't mind waiting a little longer to get it cheeper

Go for the 16gb then and buy the iCloud plan 50GB for 99c per month problem solved you won't get the latest iPhone after launch day cheaper you will pay more for it via a private sale.

Go for the 16gb then and buy the iCloud plan 50GB for 99c per month problem solved.

Yes I was thinking of that but the fact that I would have to offset photos and videos pretty often would be a pain. Also I like to have a certain amount on my phone but that is an option I suppose

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

Kurn wrote: »
    There you go - seems others are interested after all :D:D:D
    http://www.theverge.com/2015/9/9/9297167/apple-iphone-6S-gold-color-option

Fascinating stuff alright...

I think it just might need to be spelt out for you fanboys, it's really not all that interesting...at all...in the least bit. Get it? Maybe? No, ok...enjoy the colour cover debate.

Yes I was thinking of that but the fact that I would have to offset photos and videos pretty often would be a pain. Also I like to have a certain amount on my phone but that is an option I suppose

Offset? In what way? Does iCloud library not do that for you.

Offset? In what way? Does iCloud library not do that for you.

Just I hate the idea of backing up! I know it has to be done but if I want to show people pictures,videos etc I'll need internet connection for most of them due to the low storage. I know they show up in your camera roll once connected to wifi etc but I kind of want them to be physically stored.
    Sorry if that doesn't make much sense

Just I hate the idea of backing up! I know it has to be done but if I want to show people pictures,videos etc I'll need internet connection for most of them due to the low storage. I know they show up in your camera roll once connected to wifi etc but I kind of want them to be physically stored.
    Sorry if that doesn't make much sense

It does, it can be pain alright.

It does, it can be pain alright.

Do you plan on buying/upgrading?

• Advertisement

Do you plan on buying/upgrading?

Yes I sold the iPhone 6 and plan to get the S on launch day in Belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Go for the 16gb then and buy the iCloud plan 50GB for 99c per month problem solved you won't get the latest iPhone after launch day cheaper you will pay more for it via a private sale.

Or download Onedrive and get at least 15gb free (they often have invite offers giving you more storage)

Maybe it's because it looks too much like the gold 6s (new models will be using a different type of aluminium and will probably look darker/lighter)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

beardo81 wrote: »
    This. Did they bump the RAM? Can't find any info anywhere about it.

They never say.

Fascinating stuff alright...

I think it just might need to be spelt out for you fanboys, it's really not all that interesting...at all...in the least bit. Get it? Maybe? No, ok...enjoy the colour cover debate.

Are you in the wrong thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Just catching up ... And saw mention the iPhone carrier free upgrade plan. I'm assuming it's US only?

Great idea ... Could shop around for the best sim only deal ... No network contract

Apple Care thrown in free into the mix a bonus too

Missed the keynote ... Any mention of rolling this out to other countries?

Apple Insider is reporting Ireland won't get the Siri remote because Siri isn't supported here on ATV. that's an odd decision.

My advice is spend that 100€. 16gb is really useless. 64gb is enough unless you are taking lots of videos etc.

horgan_p wrote: »
    in case anyones forgotten , this is what the last boss at apple said about a stylus :

http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/08/jobs-if-you-see-a-stylus-or-a-task-manager-they-blew-it/

He meant as the primary interface.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Magnate

keith_d99 wrote: »
    Just catching up ... And saw mention the iPhone carrier free upgrade plan. I'm assuming it's US only?

Great idea ... Could shop around for the best sim only deal ... No network contract

Apple Care thrown in free into the mix a bonus too

Missed the keynote ... Any mention of rolling this out to other countries?

Fairly sure they said it'd be rolled out eventually :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

shanec1928 wrote: »
    Nice to see the price drop for iCloud

i'm currently paying .99 for 20gb....tried to see if the 50gb option is there to upgrade to and it's not, the only one i can get right now is 200gb for 3.99

Advertisement