Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple announces September 9th event

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Have a note 4 myself and going to using my upgrade on a 6+S as to be fair I miss having a iPhone as I don't know something about a iPhone that I like. I have used what they replaced the note 4 with in Ireland the 6+ edge and my god that is the worst and must arkword phone i have ever used in my life as it is shocking to grip.

But the iPhone 6+S has the upgrades I was looking for but the only thing I am going to miss from my note 4 is the fact it takes f all to charge from dead to full but the battery life is shocking so I can't really be giving out.

Role on my upgrade at the end of next month

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I'm pissed with the iPhone 6 prices

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Don't. The phone really struggles with 1gb of ram. The RAM is literally the only reason I'm upgrading.

But there was no mention of a RAM upgrade, or did I miss something?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Chocolate girl

Wonder what date for iPhone 6s in Ireland? Better start saving:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

godtabh wrote: »
    the last gen phones didnt reduce by 100#=€. Just 30 ffs!

If you look on the french or german sites you can see that the new models have gone up this year. In france the 6S starts at €749. I guessed they might do that as the euro is down 15% against the dollar since this time last year. The MacBooks also went up in price earlier in the year when the model were refreshed

French prices are 749, 859 and 969. In Germany they're a tenner less

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

the last gen phones didnt reduce by 100#=€. Just 30 ffs!
    Equiv €630 from the UK. Earlier today the iPhone 6 was cheaper in Ireland than the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭beardo81

This. Did they bump the RAM? Can't find any info anywhere about it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

Interesting how they totally removed the gold colour options from the 6 and 6+ variants.

I don't think they ever talk openly about the RAM in the phones. Confirmation always comes from parts leaks and teardowns

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

I don't think they ever talk openly about the RAM in the phones. Confirmation always comes from parts leaks and teardowns

They didn't. It's almost certainly 2gb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Don't. The phone really struggles with 1gb of ram. The RAM is literally the only reason I'm upgrading.
    In what way is it struggling for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Simply Red wrote: »
    In what way is it struggling for you?

Anything slightly intensive looks at it gives up. Try opening a heavy site like the guardian or the verge most of the time and it'll just go **** this I'm outta here. Laggy Rotation animations etc all stem from this. Constant reloading of tabs is massively irritatiating. More so given than the knew about this issue and threw the extra ram into the air 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Wonder what date for iPhone 6s in Ireland? Better start saving:-)

Wondering the same.....also wondering what colours do the handsets (both the plus s and regular s) come in? If anyone could shed some light on this, that would be great....:pac:

I was unable to watch the keynote :(

Wondering the same.....also wondering what colours do the handsets (both the plus s and regular s) come in? If anyone could shed some light on this, that would be great....:pac:

I was unable to watch the keynote :(

Same as last year plus a rose gold (pinkish) option. No news on the Ireland release date but we're usually in the second wave 1-2 weeks after the US launch. That's Sept 25 so expect probably Oct 9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Do you reckon that next September, the iPhone 7 will be the 'most advanced' and 'most revolutionary' phone ever?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,132 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Have a note 4 myself and going to using my upgrade on a 6+S as to be fair I miss having a iPhone as I don't know something about a iPhone that I like. I have used what they replaced the note 4 with in Ireland the 6+ edge and my god that is the worst and must arkword phone i have ever used in my life as it is shocking to grip.

But the iPhone 6+S has the upgrades I was looking for but the only thing I am going to miss from my note 4 is the fact it takes f all to charge from dead to full but the battery life is shocking so I can't really be giving out.

Role on my upgrade at the end of next month
    just get a charger for a iPad and your iPhone will charge faster.

so best prices for a 6s............ 64gb or 128gb is where?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Calling the 6 the 6s and upgrading pretty much fcuk all is one hell of a marketing ploy by Apple. If you spend that kind of cash on it and already own a 6 you're insane.

Apple product owner by the way.

There's a fairly significant spec bump in a few areas, externally they're following the usual pattern of no significant external changes.
    Do you reckon that next September, the iPhone 7 will be the 'most advanced' and 'most revolutionary' phone ever?

Noooo, I reckon they'll start and remove parts and installer slower components. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

I'm pissed with the iPhone 6 prices

I'm getting mine in Belfast on the 25th, what kills me is the exchange rate. Moving from 6 to 6s plus. Looking at the guts of 850. If I get about 520 on adverts for mine I'll be doing ok. Stick the rest on the CC and bang it off at 25 a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

Has the 6s got a 4MP bump to 12MP?

Only want a 5s myself so I assume it will drop to circa €400?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

naasrd wrote: »
    I'm getting mine in Belfast on the 25th, what kills me is the exchange rate. Moving from 6 to 6s plus. Looking at the guts of 850. If I get about 520 on adverts for mine I'll be doing ok. Stick the rest on the CC and bang it off at 25 a week.

Will it be the same as last year reserve and collect?

whats all this about Belfast is it cheaper up north?

No you'll just get it quicker than here with the exchange rate at present it will roughly cost €50 more up in Belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

So no improvement on batt life?? So charging every few hours by the sounds of it.

Once they figure out a batt that lasts a week they will be laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Narcissus

not particularly no, just that it's out sooner than down here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Will the option to lease be available here?

py2006 wrote: »
    So no improvement on batt life?? So charging every few hours by the sounds of it.

Once they figure out a batt that lasts a week they will be laughing.

I found the battery on iPhone 6 the best of the last few generations of iPhone but the more technology they add to these devices the more power hungry they become.

CEX said they would give me 550 for my 128gb grade A I might take it and get a 6s 64gb

I have 128gb and only used 8gb lol

CEX said they would give me 550 for my 128gb grade A I might take it and get a 6s 64gb

I have 128gb and only used 8gb lol

You should get around €50 more on a private sale through donedeal or adverts no problem.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

Niemoj wrote: »
    Interesting how they totally removed the gold colour options from the 6 and 6+ variants.

how is it interesting? perhaps it didn't sell well because it looks shįte and they dumped it? Why is every decision they make interesting or mysterious. The last thing that apple did that was innovative and really blew me away was an app store with sdk where everyone else did the work, creativity and innovation aside from apple. A bloody colour taken of the shelves and that's interesting...wtf

Advertisement