Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple announces September 9th event

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I'm officially old as I have never heard of One Republic before this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

godtabh wrote: »
    a bit meh on the iphone. going to upgrade to the 6 plus from the 6 i think

Don't. The phone really struggles with 1gb of ram. The RAM is literally the only reason I'm upgrading.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Chris___ wrote: »
    Where's the free U2 album?

That was last October, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Bit meh, like the 4k videos but nothing else would make me consider upgrading from the 6 plus for now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

will you automatically get extra storage now on existing plan?

I would assume so the 20GB should go up to the 50GB.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Tippex

any indications as to when the 6s and plus will be available (hopefully the 6 plus will drop in price as my upgrade is live now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

I'm officially old as I have never heard of One Republic before this.

Republic of loose and One Direction together. Like MacBusted

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Simply Red wrote: »
    Bit meh, like the 4k videos but nothing else would make me consider upgrading from the 6 plus for now
    Currently on a 5s (and in contract until early next year) so a move to a 6s likely by Christmas on the cards if they let me do an early upgrade. I still think the 6 Plus is just too damn big.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭pedatron

Really thought there'd be something done with the battery situation. Sold my 6 for a OnePlus One purely because of battery life. Is two days solid of battery that much to ask?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I think evrery one saw that. it was top secret

pedatron wrote: »
    Really thought there'd be something done with the battery situation. Sold my 6 for a OnePlus One purely because of battery life. Is two days solid of battery that much to ask?

Battery on the plus is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Calling the 6 the 6s and upgrading pretty much fcuk all is one hell of a marketing ploy by Apple. If you spend that kind of cash on it and already own a 6 you're insane.

Apple product owner by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

The annual 'meh' responses here.
    I really wonder what people were expecting.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

in case anyones forgotten , this is what the last boss at apple said about a stylus :

http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/08/jobs-if-you-see-a-stylus-or-a-task-manager-they-blew-it/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

will you automatically get extra storage now on existing plan?

Last time the storage plan was reduced in price the credit card was refunded with the pro-rata difference for the amount of time left on my storage contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

pedatron wrote: »

I get 1.5 days on the 6 with normal use. With very light use I'd get two days. Surprised you couldn't get that with the 6 Plus, I have everything enabled on my phone too, wifi, Bluetooth, background app refresh etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

Ya I can't see why people are complaining. They have just released a new iPad which I can imagine will be hugely successful and will have a lot of uses in the medical field etc. They also updated the apple TV which was long overdue. The iPhone update to the 6s was what they have always done the s upgrade has never been a major one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Prices up on Belfast site.

horgan_p wrote: »
    in case anyones forgotten , this is what the last boss at apple said about a stylus :

http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/08/jobs-if-you-see-a-stylus-or-a-task-manager-they-blew-it/

Jobs said a lot of ****e, only to do a 180 when it suited him. This is entirely consistent with his leadership.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭MagicHumanDoll

Different perspective to all you spoiled brats (I'm kidding haha :) )

Currently using an iPhone 4, yes 4, which is beyond broken. So, watching that live stream knowing I'm in a position to buy finally is nothing short of incredible. Jump from 5mp rear camera to a 12mp rear and 5mp front is mind blowing, plus the 4k video, on top of the obvious speed improvements from the 4..

It's an S, a bridge between 6 and 7, but to someone who doesn't have the luxury to upgrade yearly it's class!! :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

the last gen phones didnt reduce by 100#=€. Just 30 ffs!

How does the pre order sale work ? is it like reserve and collect like last year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

I liked the ad, was nice and up to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Usual rubbish, gimmicky tripe and tiny "upgrades"

Stylus is embarrassing and a bigger iPad is stupid.

Can't believe I used to be excited for these conferences.

If the new iOS makes my iPhone 5 run slower I might get a 6 for the added screen real estate. My iPad Air original still does me fine.

Anyone else hear at the end when One Republic's lead was performing and he's taking a Selfie with Tim he lets a lyric with "buullshít" slip?

Just me? Haha

naasrd wrote: »
    Prices up on Belfast site.

Same as the 6 last year £619 for a 64GB.

The new Apple TV is one ugly looking thing.

33 millimetres in height, making it look like a fat puck.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

so theres an ipad mini 4 and the pro, but there was no update to the ipad air line?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 hu4rorZ

Did i understand it correctly, that the LTE is now worldwide? So if i buy it here, and move to canada it would work there too no probs?

Advertisement