Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milkround 2015/16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭questions007

haro124 wrote: »
    My friend got offered a consulting job on Wednesday, did the interview the previous Thursday

Would you have any idea WRT the salary offered for consulting by Deloitte?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

Would you have any idea WRT the salary offered for consulting by Deloitte?
    32,000ish I think

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Risk analytic

Hi Guys

I have sent out the transcripts and the other requirements for the graduate program. Could someone tell me how do they confirm the 2.1 and the other requirements.

Do they confirm by email or by post?

32,000ish I think

Thank you. :)

sohini wrote: »
    Did anyone heard back after the Deloitte Consulting interview held on last Friday. Feeling worried. How long does it normally take to know the decision?

Did you hear back as yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭ggmad

I see that KPMG are open again for Audit & Assurance/Tax Consulting candidates. I noticed last June that they were still looking for Tax Consulting candidates for those who started this year. They seem to be the only ones who do this:

http://www.kpmgiegrad.gtios.com/Candidate/Registration/TermsAndConditions.asp

ggmad wrote: »
    I see that KPMG are open again for Audit & Assurance/Tax Consulting candidates. I noticed last June that they were still looking for Tax Consulting candidates for those who started this year. They seem to be the only ones who do this:

http://www.kpmgiegrad.gtios.com/Candidate/Registration/TermsAndConditions.asp

Well a friend of mine interviewed for PWC in August.
    Assurance. Oct 2015 start.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭ggmad

Well a friend of mine interviewed for PWC in August.
    Assurance. Oct 2015 start.

Interesting. I thought once Autumn of the preceding year passes that that's the end of applications, and they would have enough applicants to work off in case others dropped out.

Guess a lot of people drop out. Or there are change in business plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lokesh1990

Anybody had interview with Deloitte last week and got any call from them? Specially interested to hear from Technology Consulting Applicants (Graduate role).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 ACA2015

Big expansions across the board in the economy. The firms need more trainees and industry are sniffing around for bright young college grads. Lots more opportunities year round now with much higher benefits as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭OttoPilot

I got rejected for Kpmg corporate finance. It doesn't allow me to reapply.

If I set up a new login with a different email, it doesn't ask me if I have applied before. Do you think it will matter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

OttoPilot wrote: »
    I got rejected for Kpmg corporate finance. It doesn't allow me to reapply.

If I set up a new login with a different email, it doesn't ask me if I have applied before. Do you think it will matter?
    if you get the same interviewer!

if you get the same interviewer!

Didn't get an interview and it's for a different area so I'd hope I'm safe.

I suppose the only way they would know is if the same hr person saw it or the system flagged it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It's possible that you may not have met the minimum automated scoring criteria and they screened you out early. If you re-apply under a different email, you'll still fail the scoring criteria, and you might end up with a black mark against your name.

Your best bet is to pick up the phone and speak to someone in HR who deals with grad recruitment. They can advise best on how to apply for a different area.

dudara wrote: »
    It's possible that you may not have met the minimum automated scoring criteria and they screened you out early. If you re-apply under a different email, you'll still fail the scoring criteria, and you might end up with a black mark against your name.

Your best bet is to pick up the phone and speak to someone in HR who deals with grad recruitment. They can advise best on how to apply for a different area.

440 leaving cert points, 2:1 Hons degree in finance and I'm currently doing an accounting masters. I also averaged 68% on my cap 1 exams.

The only thing I would think might hold me back is my LC maths result, D1 in honours, do you think that would make me fail the minimum criteria?

Thanks

gradl94 wrote: »
    Anybody hear from Deloitte yet?

Have you got any response from Deloitte yet? When was your interview and which programme you have applied for?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

440 leaving cert points, 2:1 Hons degree in finance and I'm currently doing an accounting masters. I also averaged 68% on my cap 1 exams.

The only thing I would think might hold me back is my LC maths result, D1 in honours, do you think that would make me fail the minimum criteria?

Thanks

It could, but I don't know what criteria KPMG apply. Best thing is to pick up the phone.

Which position you applied for?

lokesh1990 wrote: »
    Have you got any response from Deloitte yet? When was your interview and which programme you have applied for?

Which position you applied for?

Technology Consulting and you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 gradl94

Complete aside, does anybody know what the timetable is like for the CAP 1 classes ?

Audit, have got the offer.
    lokesh1990 wrote: »
    Technology Consulting and you?

Audit, have got the offer.

Congratulations :) When was your interview and when did you get a call from them?

gradl94 wrote: »
    Complete aside, does anybody know what the timetable is like for the CAP 1 classes ?

Its usually something like mon, wed, fri, 6-9 and then a sat or sun.

It changes every week, so one week you could be mon wed and sat, another wed fri sun.

Also depending on how many subjects you're taking, you will have more or less classes obviously. I did 3 last year and averaged 2 classes a week.

Is anyone able to use Deloitte's Graduate Recruitment Hotline?

It doesn't seem to be working for me?

Is there any other number that I could call?

Tough to get through.

Is anyone able to use Deloitte's Graduate Recruitment Hotline?

It doesn't seem to be working for me?

Is there any other number that I could call?

Tough to get through.

well until friday it was working. now it's going straight to voice mail.

What is the first year like as an Audit trainee?

Do you travel abroad also for client work?
    Its usually something like mon, wed, fri, 6-9 and then a sat or sun.

It changes every week, so one week you could be mon wed and sat, another wed fri sun.

Also depending on how many subjects you're taking, you will have more or less classes obviously. I did 3 last year and averaged 2 classes a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 KeyRuin

Has anyone heard back yet for the second round for Accenture?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

Hiya KeyRuin, :)

Sorry to get back to you so late, but yeah, I got offered second round last Wednesday! They did say everyone will know by the 13th so if you haven't heard anything yet, don't worry!

Advertisement