Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milkround 2015/16

Options
  • 27-08-2015 10:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭

It's that time of year so I thought I'd set up the thread.

Anyone know when the applications become available for any of the big 4 this year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 damon pope

Got an email today from KPMG and PWC inviting me to a presentation where we will be given a business exercise followed by an interview. Could anyone shed some light on what this involves and some general information on how to prepare for these ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 gradl94

Anybody hear from Deloitte yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭user.name

got a call from Deloitte this afternoon for an interview. Had to ring them a number of times to get through so I'd say they are calling most people today or in the next few days after the bank holiday

• Registered Users Posts: 7 carasiorai

Got interviews for PWC and Deloitte.

Pay attention to the presentations, they ask questions about it in the interview.
    Just know about the companies and be able to show a level of awareness about what they do and what you would be doing if you worked for them.
    The case studies/business exercises aren't known for being notoriously difficult so don't stress over it. Try to read the paper and know what's going on in the current business environment.

This is just stuff I've been told by lecturers and friends who did internships and subsequently got offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Nice Uncle P

Deloitte called yesterday to arrange interview, Grant Thornton did by email.

Heard nothing from Price waterhouse, KPMG or Mazars, so assuming worst there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭snicket

I have an interview with KPMG in two weeks, haven't heard anything from the others except an email saying I'd been successful at the "intital stage of the process" from EY.

As someone coming in from a humanities background with absolutely no accounting experience - does anyone have any specific advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭OttoPilot

Do they normally do all areas at the same time or not? Haven't heard from CF dreading the worst now..

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

I have applied to advisory in EY, KPMG, and GT.

Have only had the initial email saying they are screening so far, though I know offers of interviews are happening for all! How likely is it to get an interview with EY if you are successful in their screening? At their recruitment event in uni they alluded to a gauranteed interview but I am not so sure.

Bit antsy if I am honest! Waiting on anything with baited breath!

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭OttoPilot

Same, I applied to advisory with those 3, although I've just been offered an audit interview with GT, so I guess I can assume I didn't get advisory?

OttoPilot wrote: »
    Same, I applied to advisory with those 3, although I've just been offered an audit interview with GT, so I guess I can assume I didn't get advisory?

Think so, but congrats on an interview! Just got my rejection from KPMG this morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭snicket

AnnaKin wrote: »
    I have applied to advisory in EY, KPMG, and GT.

Have only had the initial email saying they are screening so far, though I know offers of interviews are happening for all! How likely is it to get an interview with EY if you are successful in their screening? At their recruitment event in uni they alluded to a gauranteed interview but I am not so sure.

Bit antsy if I am honest! Waiting on anything with baited breath!

Did you hear from EY about advisory?

They called me this morning, I couldn't answer as I was working. Rang them back less than 4 hours later and they said they were going to give me an interview but had filled up all their slots in the meantime. Quite frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Risk analytic

I got a call from BDO for the interview yesterday. Does anyone know if they give work permit for students?

Does anyone know when are the presentations for PwC and Deloitte? Also, I got a call from BDO for the interview yesterday. Does anyone know if they give work permit for students?

Could you share the dates for the presentations for both?

carasiorai wrote: »
    Got interviews for PWC and Deloitte.

Pay attention to the presentations, they ask questions about it in the interview.
    Just know about the companies and be able to show a level of awareness about what they do and what you would be doing if you worked for them.
    The case studies/business exercises aren't known for being notoriously difficult so don't stress over it. Try to read the paper and know what's going on in the current business environment.

This is just stuff I've been told by lecturers and friends who did internships and subsequently got offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭user.name

PWC presentation is on Wednesday and Deloitte is on Monday for Dublin anywhere, EY on tuesday evening.

Need quick advice!
    I am currently working part time in final year, but its getting too much and plan on leaving in my notice in two weeks. Should I mention that I am leaving in my notice in interviews or just leave it? Not sure with how they check references but I don't want them to ring and find out I left it in without telling them, or I don't want them to ring my employer and mention about me leaving in my notice before I formally tell them.

Any advice welcome :o

plus cant leave it in right now cause I have paid holidays coming up and don't want to miss out on that

There is no need to tell anyone that you are leaving as it is a part time job. You can tell them that you are working part time to support yourself. They have been in your position, so they understand.

user.name wrote: »
    PWC presentation is on Wednesday and Deloitte is on Monday for Dublin anywhere, EY on tuesday evening.

Need quick advice!
    I am currently working part time in final year, but its getting too much and plan on leaving in my notice in two weeks. Should I mention that I am leaving in my notice in interviews or just leave it? Not sure with how they check references but I don't want them to ring and find out I left it in without telling them, or I don't want them to ring my employer and mention about me leaving in my notice before I formally tell them.

Any advice welcome :o

plus cant leave it in right now cause I have paid holidays coming up and don't want to miss out on that

I have not heard from PwC, Deloitte so far. Is it safe to say that I was not shortlisted if the presentations are on Wednesday and Monday respectively.

Guys, just wondering about what exactly the 'company presentations' entails?

Have a few this week (beginning with Deloitte tomorrow) and am also wondering what the dress code is?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭TheGunns

gradl94 wrote: »
    Guys, just wondering about what exactly the 'company presentations' entails?

Have a few this week (beginning with Deloitte tomorrow) and am also wondering what the dress code is?

I think the presentations are more of a networking session and getting to talk to people. Will probably give an indication of what they're looking for in an interview.

No idea on dress code, probably my main concern now :P If anyone has any idea I'd appreciate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭s15r330

TheGunns wrote: »
    I think the presentations are more of a networking session and getting to talk to people. Will probably give an indication of what they're looking for in an interview.

No idea on dress code, probably my main concern now :P If anyone has any idea I'd appreciate it.

Business attire. I made the mistake of going casual last year (chinos and a polo shirt), every single other person, maybe 50 or so were in suits :D
    I got the job though so I must have made an impression.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Humour Me

Dress smart for the presentations. Doesn't need to be a full suit if you don't have one but definitely a smart shirt or top.

The presentations are to give them an idea of how you present yourself and interact with others. You will be representing the firm when you go out to meet clients, they want to know your going to give a good impression.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Business casual would be fine IMO for the networking session, but fully suited will be OK too. Present yourself well, shine your shoes etc.

It appears as though the general consensus is to overdress rather than under-dress!

Any idea as to how long these presentations last?

Thank you for the information!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 carasiorai

I was told in the email November 5th (Thursday) from 12pm to 2:30pm for PWC
    I'm in Deloitte tomorrow at 3:30pm but you choose the time in the phone call and they confirm in the email. Surely you know what time you agreed to?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 hannaaaaah

Anyone know how long the Deloitte presentation is? I've it today at 3.30 and then the KPMG one at 5.30, hoping I'll be able to make it over on time

EY sent me an email this morning saying that they had filled interview slots for the coming week and are unable to put me in, but because my application impressed them, I am on the shortlist... what are the chances of me getting an interview? I know if I got one I could nail it! I'm assuming pretty slim :o

Are there different dates for the presentations for the same firm ?

I think the chances would be 50-50 as there are occasions when they have called people later on who they had shortlisted and not called during the interview process.

So, stay tight and hope for the best.

AnnaKin wrote: »
    EY sent me an email this morning saying that they had filled interview slots for the coming week and are unable to put me in, but because my application impressed them, I am on the shortlist... what are the chances of me getting an interview? I know if I got one I could nail it! I'm assuming pretty slim :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Are there different dates for the presentations for the same firm ?

Differs by location I think

• Advertisement

Thank you :rolleyes: Positive thinking!
    I think the chances would be 50-50 as there are occasions when they have called people later on who they had shortlisted and not called during the interview process.

So, stay tight and hope for the best.

On another note, anyone applied for Accenture? I hear their interviews are the 13th/14th/15th of November, coming up pretty fast!

Advertisement