Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milkround 2015/16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Risk analytic

I did not receive the email. They only do it by post. Do you have any idea of what can be in the offer letter?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

trainee15 wrote: »
    did advisory stay at 21,500? Also, does anyone know what grant thornton pay?

Advisory get 31,000 AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 20 gradl94

I did not receive the email. They only do it by post. Do you have any idea of what can be in the offer letter?

Its conditions of the offer ie. salary, exam leave, general work conditions, and two copies of the contract, one of which is to be returned. There is also a grad offer booklet.

Thanks for the info. Anything else like any conditions to be met?

Thanks for the info. Anything else like any conditions to be met?

Have to get a 2.1 result or higher in your degree. That is really it I think. Need to respond by 27th November.

So, where are people thinking of going next year?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

gradl94 wrote: »
    Have to get a 2.1 result or higher in your degree. That is really it I think. Need to respond by 27th November.

KPMG. They just seem better from what I've researched about them and more favourable in terms of overtime than EY. Oh and the EY interview process really changed my mind about them (and a lot of people on my course!)

I have a masters with a high 2.2 and two undergrads, one I think with 2.2 and one with 2.1, so what do you think will happen?

Have some extenuating circumstances for my masters for which I can get a letter from my college.

I have a masters with a high 2.2 and two undergrads, one I think with 2.2 and one with 2.1, so what do you think will happen?

Have some extenuating circumstances for my masters for which I can get a letter from my college.

Any 2.1 will do, so if you have an undergrad with a 2.1 they'll accept it. It's just a box ticking exercise.

Thanks, appreciate the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Had my 1st interview with GT on Friday, strange seen as they seem to be doing 2nd interviews now too

• Advertisement

One of my friends has also been called for a 2nd interview. I feel that it will be more of an informal interview to know you as a person.

May I ask if that is with a partner?

One of my friends has also been called for a 2nd interview. I feel that it will be more of an informal interview to know you as a person.

May I ask if that is with a partner?

I don't know to be honest. Mine ws a 1st interview and was with a director.

Currently deciding between offers and am wondering about the types of clients PWC has. Would really appreciate if anybody could shed some light on this..

Currently deciding between offers and am wondering about the types of clients PWC has. Would really appreciate if anybody could shed some light on this..

What's your other choice?

Gael23 wrote: »
    What's your other choice?

The other Big 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

Is anyone thinking of accepting offers from EY? Have heard of lots getting offers but its everyone's last preference

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭questions007

haro124 wrote: »
    Is anyone thinking of accepting offers from EY? Have heard of lots getting offers but its everyone's last preference

A friend of mine chose EY over Deloitte.
    (Audit)

Hi

Does the 2.2 in the master's degree matter or it is just the undergrad degree?

What if you only get a 2.2 but a high 2.2 in the undergrad. What happens then?

Hi

Someone has already answered this question in the thread before.

But I can tell you that earlier this year in August my best friend had signed the contract (AUDIT) with one of the big 4s. And, he tells me that in the contract there was no mention of Masters GPA at all. He was only required to fill his undergrad GPA which was 1.1. So, now he works with them.

Hi

At the moment in Ireland you need a 2.1 or higher in a Degree. I know someone who had a 2.2 undergrad but a first in their masters. Their masters result was not going to be official until October 7th, they were meant to start on September 7th, so EY delayed their start date by a month.

Company policy in Ireland for all of the big four simply requires a 2.1 or better. Which really sucks if you're close.

In England EY changed policy this year, and a similar policy change may happen in Ireland in the future, citing the fact they don't see a correlation between college grades and performance, but it hasn't happened yet.

http://www.graduate-jobs.com/news/13201/EY_drop_2.1_requirement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 meesh140

Hi,

I did the interview last Thursday morning for Deloitte.

Just wondering if anyone else did it that day and have they heard anything?
    Or anyone else that were offered positions, how long did it take Deloitte to contact you with an offer?

A friend of mine chose EY over Deloitte.
    (Audit)

Any specific reasons for this?

How long do GT take to get back to you?

meesh140 wrote: »
    Hi,

I did the interview last Thursday morning for Deloitte.

Just wondering if anyone else did it that day and have they heard anything?
    Or anyone else that were offered positions, how long did it take Deloitte to contact you with an offer?

Was this for consulting or audit?

Any specific reasons for this?

Well, I think it is because Deloitte isn't the leader in Ireland as far as Audit goes. EY ranks ahead of Deloitte. At least that's what his research told him.

However, I would urge you to take into account the study leaves etc for the CA exams. Because it is more hectic than you can imagine. And, in this regard I think EY has a better leave/work-to-study proportion and schemes, or so I have read on google.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 meesh140

Was this for consulting or audit?

It was for audit....:confused:

meesh140 wrote: »
    It was for audit....:confused:

From this thread and from a friend who had interviewed last monday, I know that people received offers almost immediately. Some of them.

However, some are still waiting for response. So, I guess just be patient.

Has anyone heard form BDO?

URGENT:

Does anyone know the salary Deloitte offers for Consultancy joinees?

• Advertisement

Hi

So as long as I have one of the degree whether it's a 2.1 in masters or undergrad , it will be fine right?

Because I have a high 2.2 in my postgrad and a 2.1 in one of the two undergrads that I have.

Advertisement