Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milkround 2015/16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Hi

So as long as I have one of the degree whether it's a 2.1 in masters or undergrad , it will be fine right?

Because I have a high 2.2 in my postgrad and a 2.1 in one of the two undergrads that I have.
    Probably fine. You'd be best off emailing or calling whoever you have an offer from to make sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 FUTY2211

Hi there,

Does anyone know what happens if you sign a contract now and then aren't able to actually join them in September/October?

Circumstances for me are a bit up in the air at the moment and I'm not sure if I will actually be able to join next year. Slightly worried about a potential lawsuit for breach of contract although I'm almost 100% sure they wouldn't bother....

Anyone ever heard of anything like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Risk analytic

You can always get out of it. Have you got the contract already and what are the requirements?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

How long do firms usually take to get back to you after an interview?

Usually, they get back on the same day if you really impressed them. But if not, then they might take a day or two.

• Advertisement

Usually, they get back on the same day if you really impressed them. But if not, then they might take a day or two.

I had GT on Friday evening and they said a few days, nothing specific

Was that the 2nd round?

Was that the 2nd round?

No it was my first.

I would advise to call them or send an email to the person who interviewed you like a thank you email. See if they respond.

Hope this helps.

I would advise to call them or send an email to the person who interviewed you like a thank you email. See if they respond.

Hope this helps.

Im not sure, I have been given mixed advice on that being a good idea or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭questions007

Gael23 wrote: »
    Im not sure, I have been given mixed advice on that being a good idea or not.

Well, I had followed up with the HR at one of the Big 4s. And, it was no issue.

But yes, the HR and not the people who had interviewed me.

Hi

Does anyone have any idea when does Deloitte ask for the primary degree transcripts for the next year start.

I have already graduated this year and starting next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dellboy2007

FUTY2211 wrote: »
    Hi there,

Does anyone know what happens if you sign a contract now and then aren't able to actually join them in September/October?

Circumstances for me are a bit up in the air at the moment and I'm not sure if I will actually be able to join next year. Slightly worried about a potential lawsuit for breach of contract although I'm almost 100% sure they wouldn't bother....

Anyone ever heard of anything like this?

Not trying to be smart but do you honestly think a professional services firm would take a trainee to court for not working for them? Think about it logically, they take on a few hundred every year. you are easily replaceable.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 FUTY2211

Not trying to be smart but do you honestly think a professional services firm would take a trainee to court for not working for them? Think about it logically, they take on a few hundred every year. you are easily replaceable.

Yeah I know that's why I said I was almost 100% sure but just wanted to check :P Dont want to be getting myself in any hot water!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 trainee15

Anyone heard from grant thornton galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭OttoPilot

trainee15 wrote: »
    Anyone heard from grant thornton galway?

I heard from Newbridge via the HR office in Dublin, I think all locations' HR depts are centralized there.

That was for audit.

I'm still waiting to hear from grant Thornton Dublin. Interview was last Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jennifer0903

Are people still going for interviews? Someone has an interview with one of the big 4 on Saturday.

Only KPMG seems to be through with the process. Don't know much. But KPMG posted on the social networking site that they have already sent all the contracts by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jennifer0903

Only KPMG seems to be through with the process. Don't know much. But KPMG posted on the social networking site that they have already sent all the contracts by now.

A friend going for PwC interview on Saturday. She told me PwC not through with the process yet. Are they just taking their time this year.

• Advertisement

A friend going for PwC interview on Saturday. She told me PwC not through with the process yet. Are they just taking their time this year.

I know someone got an offer over a week ago

Anyone received congratulate email for receiving offer from a partner in Deloitte?

I had submitted all the transcripts and other requirements a couple of days earlier.

Is that a confirmation that I have been accepted and am an employee of Deloitte now?

Does the 2.1 in Higher Diploma substitute the primary degree for graduate programme?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 sohini

Did anyone heard back after the Deloitte Consulting interview held on last Friday. Feeling worried. How long does it normally take to know the decision?

sohini wrote: »
    Did anyone heard back after the Deloitte Consulting interview held on last Friday. Feeling worried. How long does it normally take to know the decision?

Was this interview for Financial Services consulting? Soon joining or Next Sept?

Was this interview for Financial Services consulting? Soon joining or Next Sept?

It was for Technical Consulting for next September intake.

It was for Technical Consulting for next September intake.

Well, they take quite a bit of time. It seems. I didn't even think that the process was still on.

They took over one week for one friend, 2 weeks for another.

So, you have to wait, I guess.

All the best.

Well, they take quite a bit of time. It seems. I didn't even think that the process was still on.

They took over one week for one friend, 2 weeks for another.

So, you have to wait, I guess.

All the best.

Thanks for the reply. Was it for consulting for both of your friends? I had heard that they will respond within a week.

Thanks for the reply. Was it for consulting for both of your friends? I had heard that they will respond within a week.

Yes. Consulting. But one was offered AUDIT instead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

My friend got offered a consulting job on Wednesday, did the interview the previous Thursday

Advertisement