Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remembering Old Bars and Clubs

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

From a quick google it appears it was Cartown, although the name Rockin Robins is ringing a faint bell in the back of my head! I vaguely remember the place being a zoo, taking a wrong turn and getting lost among loads of farm machinery. And trying to get out of the place was a nightmare, walked back to Carrick via a mile or 2 the wrong direction to start.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Quick newspaper archives hit shows normal bands/DJs/club nights in to 2010 and they renewed its dance licence (but maybe not the liquor one) as late as 2019!

Need the dancing licence for teenage discos still; my local parish hall (well, its gone now too) used to have one for instance.

edit: found a newspaper article about it reopening after some years and a full refurb in 2010. That doesn't seem to have been the best use of money.

Advertisement