Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car insurance - tell us your quotes/renewals

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Henryhill2

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Only one circumstance age of car,no other reason.
    wife with Aviva 08 zafira cheapest quote ever had €295 fully comp, but would not quote me still with wife with a policy with them,
    don't think i would be fraud indicator.

Maybe they just have a thing they're not taking on old cars now

I'm driving a 99 and only paying just over 400 with them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,242 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Henryhill2 wrote: »
    Maybe they just have a thing they're not taking on old cars now

I'm driving a 99 and only paying just over 400 with them

how long you been with them?

how long you been with them?

About 6 years

About 6 years

im with Bank of Ireland 1.4 98 Astra, €390 fully comp,
    seems like i am stuck with them because of age of car, hard to get over quotes, can see it going up every year, last year €320.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,211 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Renewed with Aviva VW Bora 2002 1.9Tdi 100bhp. Fully comp, no claims protected and journeywise cover for €417. North Wexford area.

• Advertisement

im with Bank of Ireland 1.4 98 Astra, €390 fully comp,
    seems like i am stuck with them because of age of car, hard to get over quotes, can see it going up every year, last year €320.

Doubt you'll get any better than that anyway

My understanding was fully comp wasn't needed on an old car, can't remember exactly why.

Have the NCB fully protected is important

Renewed with Aviva VW Bora 2002 1.9Tdi 100bhp. Fully comp, no claims protected and journeywise cover for €417. North Wexford area.

new customer?

My understanding was fully comp wasn't needed on an old car, can't remember exactly why.

wasn't much in it, fully protected ncb yes.

new customer?

No with them 4 years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

With fully comp you get 3rd party ins for driving other cars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

With fully comp you get 3rd party ins for driving other cars.

You can get driving of other cars with 3rd party fire & theft and 3rd party only policies. Also, having fully comp does not mean you automatically get the extension

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

You can get driving of other cars with 3rd party fire & theft and 3rd party only policies. Also, having fully comp does not mean you automatically get the extension

Does with aviva

Does with aviva

Aviva, along with many other insurer, will not give driving of other cars to people with certain occupations. Usually ones that involve those that drive for a living

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Post insurance

10 monthly installments

They wouldn't quote online so had to call them and looking for a deposit plus 9 installments.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

Other half got her renewal from Aviva on Friday.

182 Skoda Karoq style 1.0 115bhp
    33 years old
    Full licence 9 years
    Full NCB
    Renewal quote from Aviva fully comp €708

Going with Axa instead. Fully comprehensive with full NCB protection €585. New policy discount and also 2nd axa policy discount included.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SkyblueC

This is worst ****ing customer service ever in the whole ****ing world.

Cheap insurance. Was with them 4 years. But this year renewal came. Same as last year premium. With extra 1 year no claim bonus same car. But same quote as last year. Xxx.93cents.
    Then that disappeared from online portal. As you can only buy from online portal. So i have no other way but to contect them. Left 15 imassages. Went to live chat waited hours but no one will come up. You go to number 5 from 19 20. But it will freeze at 5. Will ask tou to request a call back. But no ****ing call . 20days i waited and went to another local irish company. Paying extra €70 on local but happy with them as have office few blocks away. Stay well ****ing away from these English scums.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Xcellor

SkyblueC wrote: »
    This is worst ****ing customer service ever in the whole ****ing world.

Cheap insurance. Was with them 4 years. But this year renewal came. Same as last year premium. With extra 1 year no claim bonus same car. But same quote as last year. Xxx.93cents.
    Then that disappeared from online portal. As you can only buy from online portal. So i have no other way but to contect them. Left 15 imassages. Went to live chat waited hours but no one will come up. You go to number 5 from 19 20. But it will freeze at 5. Will ask tou to request a call back. But no ****ing call . 20days i waited and went to another local irish company. Paying extra €70 on local but happy with them as have office few blocks away. Stay well ****ing away from these English scums.

Which company? You believe Irish financial institutions are more ethical than English ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Just got my "renewal invitation"

38 years old
    2006 Alfa Romeo 159 1.9JTS (Petrol, 160hp)
    20-- years license (will elaborate)
    Full NCB (6+ years)
    TPFT - 982 Euro with AA

My license is about to expire anyway, I'll be renewing and therefore getting an Irish license - that alone will bring the premium down to ~500 Euro (ironically, the AA called me while I was typing this and we discussed it). Regardless of the silly ruling that there was about it a couple of years ago, insurance companies taking the absolute p1ss and skinning EU drivers alive is a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

rosenrot wrote: »
    False, traffic violations on both Irish and other EU driving licenses are recorded and any insurance company can look them up, same applies to the police.

In order to comply with anti-price discrimination EU laws, the drop-down menu for "what driving license do you have" should have the options: EU / non-EU prior to the Brexit and EU / UK / Other after the Brexit. Everything else is just a joke, that's easily fine-able.

If you take out your driving license and look closely, you will see it is a standard-issue EU driving license, same as every other EU license issued in the EU over the last decade or more. Unless you are 70+ and your last issued old Irish paper license is without an expiry date.

yeah but nowhere does it say points......

that's the quirk in the system. They can see you never had a crash but that's different to the discount they offer for 0 points.

Again, they are not discriminating against you on the current regulations.

is it morally questionable? 100%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭vickers209

Wifes renewal with aviva

06 nissan note 1.4
    11 years full licence
    15 years + no claims
    fully comp with full no claims protection and journey wise benefit

last year €506
    this year €423
    without no claims protection and journey-wise comes in around €360

Happy enough with that

vickers209 wrote: »
    Wifes renewal with aviva

06 nissan note 1.4
    11 years full licence
    15 years + no claims

last year €506
    this year €423

Happy enough with that

Have you got the figures the wrong way round because it reads as you if insurance went down,cant be right?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Vladi_

I'm planning to get my first car ever. I'm 33 and have my licence for 15 years but never owned a car. I've been trying to get quotes from a few different companies for a car I'm interested in. Most of them wouldn't even give me a quote online but I was pretty shocked when I got €2100 in its4women and €4000 in 123. How's that possible? Is Its4women really bad company or is 123 a rip off? Or should I just forget about online quotes and go there personally?
    Any help on this subject is more than welcome as I have 0 experience buying cars.
    Thanks. :)

Vladi_ wrote: »
    I'm planning to get my first car ever. I'm 33 and have my licence for 15 years but never owned a car. I've been trying to get quotes from a few different companies for a car I'm interested in. Most of them wouldn't even give me a quote online but I was pretty shocked when I got €2100 in its4women and €4000 in 123. How's that possible? Is Its4women really bad company or is 123 a rip off? Or should I just forget about online quotes and go there personally?
    Any help on this subject is more than welcome as I have 0 experience buying cars.
    Thanks. :)

Ring has many insurance/brokers as you can, bank of Ireland ,Aviva... etc,
    think you will get a better quote by speaking to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

Vladi, what kind of car are you trying to insure? You might need to start out with a 1L ****ebox for a year or two to build your NCB

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Vladi_

Vladi, what kind of car are you trying to insure? You might need to start out with a 1L ****ebox for a year or two to build your NCB

It's a 1.6 Mini. 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

Have you got the figures the wrong way round because it reads as you if insurance went down,cant be right?

agreed, not to mention that nissan is over ten years old, definitely cant be right

agreed, not to mention that nissan is over ten years old, definitely cant be right

Aviva are very good with renewing older cars already insured with them. Confirming it is not the age of the car (solely) that concerns then, rather it is the person wanting to come to them for the 1st time with an older car

Aviva are very good with renewing older cars already insured with them. Confirming it is not the age of the car (solely) that concerns then, rather it is the person wanting to come to them for the 1st time with an older car

Agree with this, I renewed my 02 Bora TDI with Aviva for slightly less than last year €417 which includes full no claims protection and journeywise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭vickers209

vickers209 wrote: »
    Wifes renewal with aviva

06 nissan note 1.4
    11 years full licence
    15 years + no claims

last year €506
    this year €423

Happy enough with that

Actually had it slightly wrong

last year € 539.88
    This year €426.91

So a reduction of €112.97 shes been with Aviva 10 years plus and policy hasn't changed in last 6 years or so

Advertisement