Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Has anyone used their Revolut card as a contactless card in the States?

Is there a limit on transactions like the ATM withdrawals?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

Has anyone used their Revolut card as a contactless card in the States?

Is there a limit on transactions like the ATM withdrawals?

yes, taps like normal

if youre on standard plan theres a 5k (?) limit each month for free conversion to dollars, after that there is a small charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

gwalk wrote: »
    yes, taps like normal

if youre on standard plan theres a 5k (?) limit each month for free conversion to dollars, after that there is a small charge.

Thanks v much for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Just be aware that a lot of the US don’t have contactless facilities. It’s improving but in Florida last year practically nowhere has contactless

Used the card everywhere though. No issues at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭testtech05

Dodge wrote: »
    Just be aware that a lot of the US don’t have contactless facilities. It’s improving but in Florida last year practically nowhere has contactless

Used the cars everywhere though. No issues at all

Same in NYC in May limited contactless availability, most terminals used swipe so we had to enable that in the app whenever we were using the card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

OK, got confirmation funds received into revolut card. . BTW for anybody who saw my AIB query, I got that fixed up. If you are transfering from AIB business to revolut, the first 6 digits inlude the first numbers before the main numbers -

EG - GB69REVO 0099 The first 6 digits are 690099 when keying into your digipass

Also, has anybody got any advice on ordering cards (online and/or physical)?

I intend on trying to put some DDs (netflix) on this and maybe use for groceries and online shopping.

Can you use your iphone as a card in a shop ? (stupid question probabley but I havent quite caught up with technology). Also if you can, can you get cash back if you dont have a physical card ? (I do like to hold cash at times but shouldnt ever pass the €200 limit) And lastly, what would benefits of signing up to their more premium services be ? I dont really intend on using it for FX or transfering to other people or trading . . Just general stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

Drumpot wrote: »
    OK, got confirmation funds received into revolut card. . BTW for anybody who saw my AIB query, I got that fixed up. If you are transfering from AIB business to revolut, the first 6 digits inlude the first numbers before the main numbers -

I intend on trying to put some DDs (netflix) on this and maybe use for groceries and online shopping.

Can you use your iphone as a card in a shop ? (stupid question probabley but I havent quite caught up with technology). Also if you can, can you get cash back if you dont have a physical card ? (I do like to hold cash at times but shouldnt ever pass the €200 limit) And lastly, what would benefits of signing up to their more premium services be ? I dont really intend on using it for FX or transfering to other people or trading . . Just general stuff.

I will dm you with a link to a free physical card

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Drumpot wrote: »

I just have a virtual card and use it all the time. Have it set up with Android Pay(had it set up with Apple Pay when I had an iPhone). I use my phone now all the time to pay for stuff, from bits and pieces in a shop too buying diesel to paying in restaurants etc. Apple Pay and Android Pay really are great.

I also have it linked to my Netflix account(pays in Turkish currency), YouTube Premium(pays in Indian currency) Amazon, PayPal etc.

I top it when instantly when needed though Android Pay from a KBC account and also have a Bank Of Ireland account listed if I need to send bigger transfers(which can take a day or two).

By the sounds of it you don’t need any of the premium services at all. I’d stick with the free card.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Mr.S wrote: »
    And those that do actually have terminals that accept contactless usually have no idea or turn off the feature :D
    Just say you want to use Apple Pay and do a switcheroo with your card last second. Contactless cards are a rarity there but most places know what mobile payments are.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭paska

You'll have to spend €13,990 per month to pay for the card if you're using it in Europe.

Major blunder:D thought it was 1% cashback, not .01 %. I need to read stuff and stop surfing over words. Too late now I paid upfront for a year .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

paska wrote: »
    Major blunder:D thought it was 1% cashback, not .01 %. I need to read stuff and stop surfing over words. Too late now I paid upfront for a year .

Well at least it looks good!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

paska wrote: »

As the UK is still in the EU you can withdraw from that agreement within 14 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Heat_Wave

Hello, I only heard of Revolut last week (I must be living under a rock). I’ve done some research, but I’d like to know from the posters here, how will Revolut help me save? Saving is my goal here

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Heat_Wave wrote: »
    Hello, I only heard of Revolut last week (I must be living under a rock). I’ve done some research, but I’d like to know from the posters here, how will Revolut help me save? Saving is my goal here

If you buy anything in a foreign currency, Revolut has better exchange rates and currency conversion rates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

I'm using a Revolut vault to save money. I use Revolut as my main day to day payment method using Google Pay. Revolut rounds up my transactions and saves the change to my vault. I've saved €700+ in a few months without really noticing

https://www.revolut.com/help/exploring-revolut/managing-my-money/saving-my-money/what-is-revolut-vault

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

You can set budgets on your spend, you can also crate vaults and round up every transaction to go towards that vault.

e.g. you spend €2.70 on a coffee, Revolut will pay the €2.70, round it up to €3 and place the 30c into your vault.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,178 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

You can also avoid your bank's non euro transaction fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Heat_Wave

Can you take money out of Revolut or can you transfer monies from Revolut to your AIB/BOI account?

In terms of the physical card, I believe if I wait they will offer me a free one. How long is the wait? I only downloaded the app today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Can you take money out of Revolut or can you transfer monies from Revolut to your AIB/BOI account?

In terms of the physical card, I believe if I wait they will offer me a free one. How long is the wait? I only downloaded the app today

Pm'd you a referral code for a free card

• Registered Users Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭irishchris

Looking for some help if anyone used uk now tv recently with this. Just wondering can the card be used to on now tv site to verify I'm in the UK.
    If so what address should i use or just use a random address.

• Advertisement

irishchris wrote: »
    Looking for some help if anyone used uk now tv recently with this. Just wondering can the card be used to on now tv site to verify I'm in the UK.
    If so what address should i use or just use a random address.

be careful with that, sometimes the card address must match the address you give,

ive had declined transactions for that

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Simon201

Sorry... Revolut is only for us spenders:D:)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Going to the UK for the first time since i've had a Revolut card. Do i actually need to "exchange" from Euro to Sterling?

Slattsy wrote: »
    Going to the UK for the first time since i've had a Revolut card. Do i actually need to "exchange" from Euro to Sterling?

No,

although if you are going over a weekend it is adviseable to do it before you go as the rates are adjusted to account for fluctuation over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

gwalk wrote: »
    No,

although if you are going over a weekend it is adviseable to do it before you go as the rates are adjusted to account for fluctuation over the weekend

Ok cool thanks for that. Only going for one night. Probably wont be worth a whole lot wither way but i'll do the exchange before i leave so, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Hi guys looking to pay 12k sterling for a car next week.

Got funds from bank today.

Tried to transfer 5k to my revolut card but keep getting insufficient funds despite funds been available.

I managed to transfer 2k but it won't allow me transfer any more.

I'm with permanent tsb using my debit card with revolut app.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Double post

Hi guys looking to pay 12k sterling for a car next week.

Got funds from bank today.

Tried to transfer 5k to my revolut card but keep getting insufficient funds despite funds been available.

I managed to transfer 2k but it won't allow me transfer any more.

I'm with permanent tsb using my debit card with revolut app.

Any ideas?

Make a bank transfer from your TSB to your revolut via the IBAN

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Bigboldworld

Hi folks, my revolut contactless limit has been reached and have to enter pin, I’m getting notification to reset my contactless limit but when i click on it, it just brings me to the balance screen it’s not giving me the option to reset, any ideas on how i do this from the app? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Hi folks, my revolut contactless limit has been reached and have to enter pin, I’m getting notification to reset my contactless limit but when i click on it, it just brings me to the balance screen it’s not giving me the option to reset, any ideas on how i do this from the app? Thanks

Press - Card icon, pin & security, reset contactless limit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement