Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

adox wrote:
    Can I just use the new one now as I please or do I have to delete the old one or anything like that? It doesn’t expire until the end of the month.

You can use the new one straight away

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

You can use the new one straight away

I can’t seem to get a verification code for a bank transfer through any of the options, is there an issue at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

I can’t seem to get a verification code for a bank transfer through any of the options, is there an issue at the moment?

Are you with Vodafone? Seems to be a problem with their new system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Torsevt

I have the card over a year with the driving license

I'm getting constant messages to resubmit an id

Will they block it eventually, don't have a passport

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Torsevt wrote: »

Yes, if they're messaging you you need to deal with it before your account stops working

• Advertisement

Yes, if they're messaging you you need to deal with it before your account stops working

Not much I can do to keep it without a passport?

Since when did Revolut start asking for an address when adding a beneficiary’s bank account? I certainly never needed it before and it’s a right pain as you often don’t have an address for a beneficiary. All you should need is name, Iban and BIC.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Torsevt wrote: »

Brexit is looming so needs to be something you get if you want to continue to use.

How does someone not have a passport anyway in this day and age.

How does someone not have a passport anyway in this day and age.

Hate travel and flight

I'm getting a new message now anyhow , submit the new id today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Maybe use n26 or an alternative? Revolut was fundamentally set up as money exchange service which you probably don’t need if you hate travelling

I believe N26 accept other forms of I.D other than passports. There’s plenty of options out there now anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Trying to top up using Google pay via my ulster bank visa card and saying topup failed.

Anyone else having trouble?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

BKWDR wrote: »
    Trying to top up using Google pay via my ulster bank visa card and saying topup failed.

Anyone else having trouble?

Just top up in the app with your Ulster Bank card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

My card expires this month. Do they automatically send out a new one?

Scratch that: opened the app and had to request new one

Trying to get Revolut working with FitBit Pay , am I right in saying that the revolut mastercard is only for premium users?

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭sonyvision

Has anyone everyseen a transaction go through then a few hours later it is shown with a line striked through and declined?. Happened yesterday when paying for stuff in eurodisney using contactless payment?

sonyvision wrote: »
    Has anyone everyseen a transaction go through then a few hours later it is shown with a line striked through and declined?. Happened yesterday when paying for stuff in eurodisney using contactless payment?

I had a payment in my canteen, contactless through phone where it beeped walked away and I noticed it was declined and with a line through it. The next day just said it to the lady in the canteen and she said her till balanced perfectly so no problem on her end. Then maybe a week or so after the charge appeared on revolut then. Was for 6e

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭jimmy86

Once my original payment showed as reverted shortly after I made the transaction and then came off 4 months later!

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

Happens me all the time with Amazon, pay reverts then is taken again a week later

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭paska

I have a revolut master card about to expire. I ordered a metal card today.

Will, it just take over from my expired card or will I have to link my google pay to it.
    I have two cards on revolut at the moment, one is a visa and the other one is a MasterCard. I need to get the cashback working to justify the upgrade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

paska wrote: »
    I have a revolut master card about to expire. I ordered a metal card today.

Will, it just take over from my expired card or will I have to link my google pay to it.
    I have two cards on revolut at the moment, one is a visa and the other one is a MasterCard. I need to get the cashback working to justify the upgrade.

You'll have to spend €13,990 per month to pay for the card if you're using it in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Looptheloop30

Charged 23.95 for taking out 20 at an atm earlier. Any obvious reason for this. Definitely under the 200 per month threshold

• Registered Users Posts: 81,266 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Charged 23.95 for taking out 20 at an atm earlier. Any obvious reason for this. Definitely under the 200 per month threshold

Could be an ATM with a mandatory charge, no avoiding that no matter the card you use.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Looptheloop30

It was on Camden street.
    You're probably right.

Nothing to see here

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Anyone know what the story is with Revolut and Amazon and pending payments? I ordered last night in the hope it would be shipped tomorrow but the transaction just says 'Pending' and it will be reverted if unclaimed by the merchant within 7 days. How long does it typically remain pending for and is this gonna happen for all purchases on Amazon? Disappointing if it does as it adds to the shipping time.
    Could be an ATM with a mandatory charge, no avoiding that no matter the card you use.

Have these ATMs come into Ireland yet? And dont they have to advise you of the charge before you withdraw? I havent seen them here yet but did notice a new brand of ATM popping up in shops in Dublin and had wondered if they are charging people without telling them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

I thought I was under the limit before - but then realised its a rolling month and not a calander month - mine resets on the 15th or something and I took cash out on the 10th thinking I was clear.

3.95 is high tho - isn't it only 1% for the amount over?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Anyone know what the story is with Revolut and Amazon and pending payments? I ordered last night in the hope it would be shipped tomorrow but the transaction just says 'Pending' and it will be reverted if unclaimed by the merchant within 7 days. How long does it typically remain pending for and is this gonna happen for all purchases on Amazon? Disappointing if it does as it adds to the shipping time.

It is amazon themselves that do that, they preauthorise and take the full amount just before shipping. With a normal credit card, unless it shows pending transactions (my aib did, not kbc), you simply don't see the transaction until they have done that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

If you use Amazon a lot, just use the gift card top up method to avoid all this.

They sometimes do deals as well for topping up your balance and getting £5 or £10 free promo.

If you use Amazon a lot, just use the gift card top up method to avoid all this.

They sometimes do deals as well for topping up your balance and getting £5 or £10 free promo.

I do that
    One thing to keep in mind doing this is that you only get "store credit" so to speak if u return an item

Anything expensive ud want it direct from the card

• Advertisement

If you use Revolut through curve it appears to take the money immediately also, I’ve only used one once or twice but it’s taken the money in one go whereas it usually doesn’t.

Overall though I never felt it worth the hassle buying gift cards I just make sure there is enough money in Revolut to cover the item whenever it is taken.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement