Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭homingbird

Still too much trouble with this card to make it worth while to chance it stuck with money on the card & you cant use it!!!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

homingbird wrote: »
    Still too much trouble with this card to make it worth while to chance it stuck with money on the card & you cant use it!!!!

What are you talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭henke

How did it work exactly?

What I meant was I put EIRE in as postcode on my billing address, successfully topped up with it. Then I had trouble using the Revolut card to purchase from mandmdirect.com where they said it was incorrect CVC being used. I have since got it to work on mandmdirect.ie for some reason and also on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭September1

Did anyone had a failed transaction where funds were locked? I wonder how long does it take them to release them back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

September1 wrote: »
    Did anyone had a failed transaction where funds were locked? I wonder how long does it take them to release them back.

10 days is the norm. Contacted support and they confirmed it should be no more than 10 working days. Usually it seems to average about 7 working days with normal cards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mydiscworld

I've just used this card in Singapore, Cambodia, Malayisa and Indonesia and had no problems whatsover taking out money or paying by card.

The rates you get are extremely competitive too. I'll certainly be using it for uk trips from now now.

Only had one issue: I needed to log out and back in after the card arrived in the post to see my pin code. The support option on the app replied very quickly with the solution.

One other problem arising in Cambodia was Ulster Bank Ireland blocking me from topping up my Revolut card for security reasons, despite seeing previous top ups to this in Ireland. Cost me a few bob ringing to unblock it, but the savings I made on the rate and no bank fees more than outweighed this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

+1
    I've been using my card whenever I'm in the UK and I've had no problems paying for train tickets etc. or withdrawing cash.
    The only issue I've had is that they are very, very slow to process the £5 reward for recommending a friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

I'm currently using this card in S.E Asia and its been pain free, I top up 200e at a time via my tsb card and then pull out the local currency at the atm, pay for drinks/food/hotels all at a great rate with zero commission.

Only small issue I have is I can't book flights with it but c'est la vie...

Great free product.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,702 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

so im going to london next weekend, should i load up say 200 sterling, and whatever i dont use i can convert back to euro and withdraw when im back?

Cyrus wrote: »
    so im going to london next weekend, should i load up say 200 sterling, and whatever i dont use i can convert back to euro and withdraw when im back?

No, just keep all balance in Euro and it will get converted every time you use card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,702 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

September1 wrote: »
    No, just keep all balance in Euro and it will get converted every time you use card.

perfect

i can with draw the residual when i come home?

Cyrus wrote: »
    perfect

i can with draw the residual when i come home?

You can for sure pick them from ATM or pay in shop. I have not tried withdrawing them back to account.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭revz

I'm currently using this card in S.E Asia and its been pain free, I top up 200e at a time via my tsb card and then pull out the local currency at the atm, pay for drinks/food/hotels all at a great rate with zero commission.

Only small issue I have is I can't book flights with it but c'est la vie...

Great free product.

Sweet, I think I'll do the same as I'm heading that way soon. I want to bring over some dollars in case for visas etc., think I might need to get some before going unfortunately just to be safe!

I booked flights with Thai Smile with it no hassle?

Definitely a great product!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

bk wrote: »
    I don't seem to have any luck topping up with either an AIB Visa Credit card or a Permanent TSB Debit Card!

Anyone had any luck topping up with either of these type of cards?

You can't top up with a credit card. I've topped up with my pTSB Visa debit card on about 6 or 7 occasions in the last month.

Contact Revolut support.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

polaris68 wrote: »
    You can't top up with a credit card. I've topped up with my pTSB Visa debit card on about 6 or 7 occasions in the last month.

Contact Revolut support.

The app said that the transaction was rejected by my bank and to contact my bank.

Thanks for letting me know that it worked for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

PTSB visa debit from day one no problem.
    Top up on average about 300ea week

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

bk wrote: »
    The app said that the transaction was rejected by my bank and to contact my bank.

Thanks for letting me know that it worked for you.

I've topped up a number of times from my PTSB debit card. The first time I used it the bank contacted me to check that the transaction was kosher.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I've topped up a number of times from my PTSB debit card. The first time I used it the bank contacted me to check that the transaction was kosher.

Ok thanks, that is probably it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Lumi wrote: »
    +1
    The only issue I've had is that they are very, very slow to process the £5 reward for recommending a friend.

Has your friend actually topped up their account? I got the £5 immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭JohnPPP

Delta2113 wrote: »

Similar situation myself.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I've had no problems topping up using my PTSB debit card either, I've topped up quite a few times already, including one top up of over €1200. My only fault with it was I find any refunds back on to the card are very slow. I had €6.99 charged by Netflix for my free month offer, to the card last Thursday just for authorisation purposes and Netflix cancelled the transaction almost immediately after getting the authorisation code and I'm still waiting for the €6.99 to be put back on to my balance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Yes, they topped up by €50 just after joining but the £5 reward wasn't processed and they can't/won't add it on manually.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

They did it for me no bother a few weeks ago so I guess people must've been abusing it unfortunately as always seems to be the case with these type of deals.

I wonder would this card work on carphone warehouses UK website. Read on another forum it needs to be a UK card but thinking changing the billing address country might work?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Great way to avoid the new 12 cent charge from Jan 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Great way to avoid the new 12 cent charge from Jan 2016.

Just in case you didn't realise:

"Those charges will be capped annually at either €2.50 or €5, depending on what card you use."

so let's just say it's the €5. Nothing changes, same as it always has been just different way around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Have used it in both ATM's and PoS transactions in Turkey and India in the past few days and it works perfectly. No extra fees either from the ATM's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Techmaster wrote: »
    Have used it in both ATM's and PoS transactions in Turkey and India in the past few days and it works perfectly. No extra fees either from the ATM's.

Did you get the Turkish fights to Mumbai too!?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

henke wrote: »
    I wonder would this card work on carphone warehouses UK website. Read on another forum it needs to be a UK card but thinking changing the billing address country might work?

Just use Parcel Motel's address up North and it should work fine.

• Advertisement

Niemoj wrote:
    Just use Parcel Motel's address up North and it should work fine.

As the billing address? Suppose it could be worth a try

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement