Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW3 Match Day Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Bellerin & Benteke tonight. Looks like 8 pts. Liverpool cleanie is no good news but Sanchez just got a CS point.

Should be an average GW. 45 (-4).

Plenty of instant regrets for not WCing this week since most popular GW2 WC players did well to very well. Time will tell if regrets I can really have.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Sanchez was fairly poor tonight(only saw the second half) not on form.
    Played out on the left wing, he just didn't get into good positions too much.
    Thoughts of replacing him with Pedro are creeping in, must resist!

Ended gw with 66, very happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

46 makes it a pretty decent wildcard

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

72 all out. A great score. Gained 40+ from wc. No Kos would have sent me over the edge tonight had I not removed him.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭GillespieRoad

57 all in if Cech keeps his bonus. First decent gameweek so far

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

ESP added

Cech 3
    Monreal 2
    Bellerin + Chambers 1

Good stuff Bellerin

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

You know you're an addict when you cheer a player getting an unexpected bap. 45 in the end, happy with that for a non-wildcard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Ended gw with 66, very happy.
    If Giroud wasn't such a useless donkey, Sanchez would have cleaned up tonight. He also missed a very good chance himself.

He is a brilliant player and will come good.

It's been the same story for Sanchez all of 2015, tons of shots in the box and possible assists yet IIRC he only had the 19 pointer against Stoke and a 13 pointer against Liverpool for double digits. He'll hit those for sure when everything clicks, I'm just not convinced he can replicate last autumn's form when a lot of key players were out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Esp added. Looks like:
    Cech 3
    Monreal 2
    Chambers / bellerin 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Nib wrote: »
    If Giroud wasn't such a useless donkey, Sanchez would have cleaned up tonight. He also missed a very good chance himself.

He is a brilliant player and will come good.

I only saw the guts of half an hour to be honest. He is class, no doubt he will come good soon points wise. Yeah Giroud is fairly hit and a lot of the time.

I have got to see whether or not its a good decision to take him out for someone who is firing for now.

Newcastle will be encouraged by the clean sheet at ot and Liverpools shut out tonight but still wouldn't be at all suprised if Arsenal blitz them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

40 all said and done, happy enough with that, few deadwood players in my team that slowly but surely will sort out. still got the WC - hopefully won't be needing it for another while.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

55(-8) but still have wildcard.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Thought the opposite to be honest. Missed a header from about 8 yards, struck the post, should have had an assist. This was against a top Premier League side.

The advanced stats seem to agree. 3 chances created (the most by any midfielder this gameweek was 5 so not too far off), 67 touches in the final third which was only bettered by Ozil of all midfielders, 12 touches in the opposition penalty box which was only bettered by Depay (13).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I only saw the guts of half an hour to be honest. He is class, no doubt he will come good soon points wise. Yeah Giroud is fairly hit and a lot of the time.

I have got to see whether or not its a good decision to take him out for someone who is firing for now.

Newcastle will be encouraged by the clean sheet at ot and Liverpools shut out tonight but still wouldn't be at all suprised if Arsenal blitz them.

Saw almost all of it. Liverpool defended very very well. There was no space for Arsenal to exploit, hence Sanchez was wider on the left than probably normal. But he was very busy, his workrate is amazing and it looked to me that if any mid was likely to make the breakthrough it would be him or Ramsey. He was in the box a lot. I think he'll do well, whether he's worth nearly 3m more than Rambo, who now seems nailed on too, remains to be seen.

As I think Lemlin said, Benteke got no support due to Liverpools defensive strategfy when under pressure. He was the out ball and did well, but there was nobody running beyond him most of the time. How they play when Sturridge is back in contention (and he's meant to be looking at being in the squad for GW5) will be very interesting FPL wise. I can't see both not starting when (or should that be if :)) Studge fully fit.

Paully D wrote: »
    Thought the opposite to be honest. Missed a header from about 8 yards, struck the post, should have had an assist. This was against a top Premier League side.

The advanced stats seem to agree. 3 chances created (the most by any midfielder this gameweek was 5 so not too far off), 67 touches in the final third which was only bettered by Ozil of all midfielders, 12 touches in the opposition penalty box which was only bettered by Depay (13).

Or what he said better!! Very unlucky to hit the outside of the post that time....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

FHFC wrote: »
    Saw almost all of it. Liverpool defended very very well. There was no space for Arsenal to exploit, hence Sanchez was wider on the left than probably normal. But he was very busy, his workrate is amazing and it looked to me that if any mid was likely to make the breakthrough it would be him or Ramsey. He was in the box a lot. I think he'll do well, whether he's worth nearly 3m more than Rambo, who now seems nailed on too, remains to be seen.

As I think Lemlin said, Benteke got no support due to Liverpools defensive strategfy when under pressure. He was the out ball and did well, but there was nobody running beyond him most of the time. How they play when Sturridge is back in contention (and he's meant to be looking at being in the squad for GW5) will be very interesting FPL wise. I can't see both not starting when (or should that be if :)) Studge fully fit.

Studge posted a video a week or so ago of him doing some drills. I think it'll be Xmas before we see him start a game with all the problems he has had.

I can see him being pushed out wide and Benteke remaining the focal point.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Studge posted a video a week or so ago of him doing some drills. I think it'll be Xmas before we see him start a game with all the problems he has had.

I can see him being pushed out wide and Benteke remaining the focal point.

I think that too re formation, and that could be excellent for Benteke FPL wise.

Sturridge could be a little earlier than that IMO, reliable reports of retuning to squad for Man Utd game - "Sturridge is expected to be in contention for a competitive return after three weeks’ training, giving the striker a chance of featuring in the trip to Old Trafford."

And although I know he'll see very limited game times for a while it could be reasonable to see him start games by end October.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Anyone watch the game tonight. Heard a few people saying Sanchez looked mentally and physically tired?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Anyone watch the game tonight. Heard a few people saying Sanchez looked mentally and physically tired?

yes he was definetely a bit "off"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Paully D wrote: »
    This was against a top Premier League side.

I thought they were playing Liverpool tonight?

FutureGuy wrote: »

He faded out of the match second half. Could easily have had a goal and assist on another day

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Ranks updated:mad:

48(-4) took me down from 497k to 643k

Those clean sheets today didn't help. Was on green arrow all week until tonight.

60pts

380k overall.

243k for the GW.

Nicely positioned in most leagues.

Two h2h wins.

That'll do wildcard.....

wonski wrote: »
    Ranks updated:mad:

48(-4) took me down from 497k to 643k

Those clean sheets today didn't help. Was on green arrow all week until tonight.

Cech's 29% ownership will do it. I wouldn't pay too much attention to rank until all the casuals that have wasted chips have been put back where they belong. Maybe it will take 10 GWs this season

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Cech's 29% ownership will do it. I wouldn't pay too much attention to rank until all the casuals that have wasted chips have been put back where they belong. Maybe it will take 10 GWs this season

Yeah, I am not that worried now, 100k places at this stage is nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

6 points tonight from Sanchez & Santi see me drop 333k to 513k... wasn't expecting such a drop but considering I was 1.53m coming into the GW, it's still a massive boost from WC getting me 64 points and a lot of value.

It's fairly bunched up ahead. 10 points would see me up to 250kish.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I spent all evening thinking I had Gomez in my starting line-up, only to realise after the match that I had him on the bench :(

44 (-4) just about brings me back to the millionaires club. Can't remember such a hard start to the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,328 ✭✭✭✭8-10

My first ever visit to the TRIPLE millionaire's club this GW.

Not sure I like this place very much

• Advertisement

58, that'll do.

Advertisement