Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coolest scene ever in a movie ever

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Usual Suspects ending.
    When the detective pieces it together.

Pulp Fiction diner scene.

Some of my favourite action scenes are from the Bourne triology.
    When Jason Bourne rings the detective and tells her she looks tired and then it cuts to the Moby soundtrack. So cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

I like the armoured truck robbery scene in The Town.

The bank robbery scene in The Dark Knight where The Joker is introduced.

As someone else mentioned the shoot out scene in Heat is excellent and Point Break is worth mentioning too. I just enjoy bank robbery scenes for some reason :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

The bar scene at the start of Carlito's Way.

"You think you big time? You gonna die BIG TIME"

The Godfather 2, where young Vito played by Di Niro kills the old school Mafia boss, both in the states and in Sicily.

The Godfather, where Micheal protects his father from being killed in the hospital the bloke he enlists to help him is shaking with fear. Michael looks at his own hand and and it isnt shaking one bit, he realises that he is cut out for that life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Nahhh

Loki: Enough! You are, all of you are beneath me! I am a god, you dull creature, and I will not be bullied by...
    [Hulk flattens Loki with repeated smashes into the floor]
    The Hulk: Puny

My favourite;
    When Dr Banner arrives into NYC on the motorcycle.

Captain America: Dr. Banner, now might be a really good time for you to get angry.
    Banner: That's my secret captain, I'm always angry..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 323 ✭✭emigrate2012

Platoon.... Can't believe it hasn't been mentioned.

"Barnes can't be killed man , he's been shot 7 times, only thing that can kill Barnes is Barnes.... "

Cue Barnes" what y'all know about death? I I **** on you, I **** on all of you..... "
    Pure classic.

Also scarface" **** casper gomez and **** the fukc in Diaz brothers"

+1 on the good, the bad, the ugly love all them films.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

I cant believe The Avengers is being brought up in a cool movie scene thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

I cant believe The Avengers is being brought up in a cool movie scene thread.

Why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Why?

Personal opinion, of course, but it's led by a main character (Iron Man) who is written to be cool and they really want you to think he's cool but they fail.

The Banner scene below was understated, which is what actually makes it cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭A.Partridge

Flight scene....memorable for cinematography and amazing music

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

SoulTrader wrote: »
    The train station scene in The Untouchables. Andy Garcia, having saved a baby's life with one hand, and a gun aimed square at the bad guy in his other hand. A protector of innocent life and an executioner, all at the same time.
    Guns, prams and steps ?

Lets roll the clock back ninety years to 1925.

a marvelous film without equal in the cinema ... anyone who had no firm political conviction could become a Bolshevik after seeing the film
    - Joseph Goebbels ( Reich Minister of Propaganda in Nazi Germany )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

I have a few that I love but two that spring to mind are the Bank Robbery Shoot-Out in Heat .........

...... and the Bar Shoot-Out in State Of Grace.

I like shoot-outs! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

Another scene I like is the Bar Fight in Once Were Warriors ........ Jake the Mus, for all his many many flaws, oozes coolness.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

I love this scene from Predator.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,248 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Why?

Because it's a superhero film. Superhero films are not cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,312 ✭✭✭✭Victor

"You can't handle the truth"

Yes, more arrogance than cool, but cool in its own way.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭aidoh

I know Predator was posted already but this is definitely a cool as fvck lil scene.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭shuffles88

The cinema massacre scene in Inglourious Basterds specifically when Shoshanna's face is projected onto the smoke

https://youtu.be/DYYYAeSWOlI?t=2m10s

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

This. Just this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xjoVtSjcBGA

Reservoir Dogs - stuck in the middle of you scene!! (skip forward a few seconds to get to the movie!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭greenfrogs

I love the end of Titanic. When she walks up the staircase to Jack and she is surrounded by all those who perished that she meet on the boat. It is just beautiful. It sticks in my memory because the people we have met throughout our life will be completely different to those for the next person. I suppose it's also uplifting to see those who died look happy, that their spirit lives on.

I actually I can't watch the film after it hits the iceberg. I find it so upsetting. But that scene just sticks in my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭aidoh

Duff wrote: »
    Not sure if it's been posted already, and quite frankly it doesn't matter.

What's the matter Dillon? The CIA have you pushing too many pencils?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Cienciano wrote: »
    Because it's a superhero film. Superhero films are not cool.

If the poster thinks it's cool, that's that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

"Until that moment, he didn't exist - except on Paper"

Andy Dufresne collects his 'severance pay' from a Portland Bank in The Shawshank Redemption.

"I hope you enjoy living abroad"

"I'm sure I will :cool:"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Jon_459

A Time to Kill - closing statement in court when Matthew McConaughey asks the jury to close their eyes as he explains what happened to the little girl - goes through the horror in detail and then asks them to picture her if she was white.

The tango from Scent of a Woman

Final scene in Chaplin's City Lights - the tramp paid for the flower seller to have her eyesight restored - she thought he was a rich benefactor. They finally meet - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHBHdYgg9fI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

I love the introduction to bootcamp scene in Full Metal Jacket. The actor R.L Emery was also a real life drill sergeant in the Marine Corps.

Here's an abbreviated version.

He also pretty much improvised all his lines. Was told to just do his thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,739 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I never realised that thing about them doing a loop of the kitchen in Godfellas and it's one of my all time favourite movies! :eek:

Ditto Predator, Wall Street, and the first 30 mins of Full Metal Jacket.. flawless!

But I've always thought this is a great scene...

Great movie as well!

Advertisement