Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coolest scene ever in a movie ever

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

For me it goes way back to my youth....

Went to the cinema expecting to see Superman, late 70s early 80s

It wasn't on, Return of the Jedi was on...had never heard if it...but thought well I'm here now, I never get to the cinema si I'll stay...wasn't expecting too much to be honest.

Film blew me away....

Stand out scene...Luke Skywalker made walk the plank and backflips and grabs a light sabre from R2d2 and takes out countless baddies...

Arah takes me back...I'm a kid again...loved that movie....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Hard to pick one but the shootout scene in Heat is highest on my list because of how fast Val Kilmer changed magazine. Simple most would think but its considered a serious benchmark. Thats to pick out one thing that happened in a expertly thought out scene of filmmaking amongst several others

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Can't think of my favourite ever, but The Raid 2 kitchen fight is definitely one of my favourites. Never going to forget seeing it in the cinema. Same with the prison yard fight. Talk about launching you intoa tense buildup and action sequence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

"Damn fine scotch" scene in inglorious bastards. Not the best, but hasn't been mentioned yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

surprised this has not been mentioned yet...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

I dont think anything has pinned me to my seat more than the haunting end to runaway train...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

(Devils Advocate)

I think this is one of Al Pacino best speeches in his role as the devil.

And of Course, Independence Day,

Best fake President speech....ever..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Gmaximum wrote: »
    The scene in goodfellas where brings the Mrs on a date and walks through the back of the restaurant and gets a table brought right up to the front
    blackwhite wrote: »
    One of the most famous tracking shots there is, Goodfellas - Copacabana scene

When they walk through the kitchen, they walk in a door, do a loop, and out the same door :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

"Wanna see a magic trick?" from the great Heath Ledger in The Dark Knight. Surprised none of that movie has been mentioned so far.

What has been mentioned, and needs to again is True Detective episode 4 of the first season. I think the last six minutes is the best directed action scene I've ever witnessed. You could even include the scene before it in the biker's bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ringadingding

The scene in flight when they call in john goodman to sort out denzel Washington just before the court hearing.
    What a dude

Also basically the whole of snatch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

I am here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,602 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Indy stealing the idol at the start of Raiders of the Lost Ark.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Akabusi

Ronin car chase
    From dusk to dawn - the dance scene in the club when everything kick off
    Inception - last scene waiting on the thingy to stop spinning
    Drive - Opening screen

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

This may be a little hackneyed and old now, (and Pierce Brosnan is dire) but the final scene in The Long Good Friday... everything plays out in Bob Hoskins face. Tho if you watch it that music will be stuck in your head for the rest of the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

I've...seen things...you people would not believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion...

This would make baby Jesus cry.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Not sure if it's been posted already, and quite frankly it doesn't matter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Imitation of life - final scene at the funeral when they're all in the car together. Pure cinema.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

Morpheus is fighting Neo!

... and the lobby shootout

Full Metal Jacket is near flawless from start to finish but the sniper scene stands out for me.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

Ok it's maybe not the Coolest Scene ever but I believe it's worth a mention. Philip Seymour Hoffman speaking to his boss in Charlie Wilson's War. If only I had the balls to do the same! Nice finish at the end also:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Akabusi wrote: »
    Graveyard scene in The good, the bad and the ugly
    It's the third film in the series, it's three hours long and the climax is three guys standing around in a desert doing nothing :rolleyes:

Quite possibly the films with the best original music ever :cool:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Andrewf20 wrote: »
    I dont think anything has pinned me to my seat more than the haunting end to runaway train...
    For that film it's the "you're gonna suck" speach - start at 0:55

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

This has happened to me often enough after reading many a poor ending in a book

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Children Of Men - Car chase scene, just brilliant

Jurassic Park - Meeting the Brachiosaurus and the T-Rex breakout. Iconic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭SoulTrader

The train station scene in The Untouchables. Andy Garcia, having saved a baby's life with one hand, and a gun aimed square at the bad guy in his other hand. A protector of innocent life and an executioner, all at the same time.

"You got him?"
    "Yeah, I got him."

He was never gonna miss. :cool:

Also, this scene from Good Will Hunting.

Advertisement