Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coolest scene ever in a movie ever

Options
  • 21-08-2015 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭

What do you consider to be the coolest scene in a movie ever?

My favorite is the below from A Bronx Tale

I also enjoyed Old Man in The Expendables, not the best scene ever but damn fun! The video is dubbed below so watch at your own expense! Mmmmmm....Ronda

The diner scene in Heat, The liver scene in Silence of the Lambs, the toilet scene in Full metal jacket are just a few more i can think of that i really like.

Your go.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

That bit in the avengers when they finally assemble and Captain America starts directing them,

'Hulk? Smash'

• Registered Users Posts: 16,577 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

I have to explain where it comes from:

Earlier in the film, a wealthy man asks a homeless man to shoot and kill a 3rd person - the homeless man refuses, until the wealthy guy explains that the other man truly wants to die, but doesn't have the courage to do it to himself, and that he really wants somebody to do it.

The homeless guy eventually agrees, and organises to meet the third guy in a subway station. But when the time comes, things are not quite what they seem:
    (until about 4.00 especially)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Piriz

Business card scene

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

That bit in the avengers when they finally assemble and Captain America starts directing them,

'Hulk? Smash'

Nahhh

Loki: Enough! You are, all of you are beneath me! I am a god, you dull creature, and I will not be bullied by...
    [Hulk flattens Loki with repeated smashes into the floor]
    The Hulk: Puny god.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

The original star wars, that moment when the imperial star destroyer appears after the intro. The sense of scale was amazing!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

In The God Father when Michael Corleone comes of age and shoots that guy in the restaurant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

'We're gonna need a bigger boat'

-Jaws

Honourable mention: Jaws eating Quint.

Opening song in The Lion King

Nuclear holocaust in Terminator 2

• Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Game of celebrity heads in inglorious basterds.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The Commitments.

Colm Meaney
    "I'd say U2 are ****tiing themselves "

• Registered Users Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Roller Girl in Boogie Nights NSFW answer.

Bullet Time scene in The Matrix is an awesome scene.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

Planes, Trains & Automobiles, after Steve Martin rips into John Candy.

"You wanna hurt me? Go right ahead if it makes you feel any better. I'm an easy target. Yeah, you're right, I talk too much. I also listen too much. I could be a cold-hearted cynic like you... but I don't like to hurt people's feelings. Well, you think what you want about me; I'm not changing. I like... I like me. My wife likes me. My customers like me. 'Cause I'm the real article. What you see is what you get."

It gets me every time. I'm just waiting for Hollywood to do a crap remake.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Nah I change mine.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets the hose again. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

or

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Dr. Schulz killing the sheriff in Django, then telling the marshal he owed him the money for his bounty.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

When Bruce Willis pieces it all together at the end of Unbreakable. Amazing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Jan Laco

1; The T Rex scene in Jurassic Park with the glass of water shaking.

2; The original Star Wars scene with Like Skywalker looking towards the two suns/moons on his home planet.

3, The beach scene from Atonement.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

"Best Served Cold" fight scene from The Raid 2 (or the kitchen scene). I nearly cried tears of joy watching that in the cinema. The best action film ever in my opinion, and it's taken the top spot of my favourite film. Hollywood needs to take note, this is how you do fighting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭whatswhat

Sleeping With The Enemy - when the psycho hubby sees the wedding ring in the toilet.

Home Alone for the line "And Keep The Change You Filthy Animal"

Face Off- when they realise they are in each others bodies.

Con Air- when he finds the bunny in the box.

Dumb and Dumber when he is on the tiny motorbike miles out and it's still tiny when the meet :]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

When Olivia Newton John goes all bad ass in Grease, I wanted to be her so much !!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

"You wanna hurt me? Go right ahead if it makes you feel any better. I'm an easy target. Yeah, you're right, I talk too much. I also listen too much. I could be a cold-hearted cynic like you... but I don't like to hurt people's feelings. Well, you think what you want about me; I'm not changing. I like... I like me. My wife likes me. My customers like me. 'Cause I'm the real article. What you see is what you get."

Due date.

It was horrible as expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I came here to post the same thing. Amazingly powerful on its own but heart-wrenching too when you come to the end of the movie.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Read the title and instantly thought of that Bronx Tale scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Akabusi

The scene at the end of the Thin Red Line, other honourable mentions would be the chief throwing the sink through the window, The Matrix bullets scene, and Terminator 2 where Sarah Connor escapes from the mental institute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭haveringchick

Scene in The Godfather when the gangster closes the door on Diame Keaton
    Scene in The Shining when the wife discovers "all work and no play....
    Any scene with Clint Eastwood

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

When Marve gets electrocuted in Home Alone 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Akabusi

Graveyard scene in The good, the bad and the ugly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

A lot of comedies which I surprised with, shouldn't have overlooked them myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Not a film but the drugs hold up scene in True Detective season 1.

Advertisement