Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Rail - Risk of Strike Action

Options
1161718192022»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,668 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Some bump in a thread :-).

Saving people from the same arguments on a new one :)

_____

http://www.rte.ie/news/2017/0206/850504-irish-rail/
    The Iarnród Éireann pay dispute is to be referred to the Labour Court after today's talks between management and unions at the Workplace Relations Commission failed to secure agreement.

Workers are seeking a pay rise totalling 21%, or at the very least, a deal equivalent to increases secured in recent disputes at the Luas and Dublin Bus of around 3.75% per year.

It is understood that at today's negotiations, unions sought a flat rate increase for staff with "no strings attached" in terms of productivity.

However, the company has insisted that any increases must be funded through additional efficiencies.

Management has pointed out that the Iarnród Eireann lost €3 million last year, and has an accumulated deficit of €153 million.

It is unclear when the Labour Court will be in a position to hear the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Mycro

Oh, my favorite topic is back. I wonder what efficiency increases management will be seeking?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,668 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Mycro wrote: »
    Oh, my favorite topic is back. I wonder what efficiency increases management will be seeking?

From IE comments you get the impression they want more (likely drivers) to work or be available for hours over weekends as required.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    From IE comments you get the impression they want more (likely drivers) to work or be available for hours over weekends as required.

Think theyre planning on hiring drivers externally at some point as theyve run out of recruits internally as they got everyone they can find.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Mycro

Are there objections to hiring more drivers?

• Advertisement
Advertisement