Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price Changes 2015/2016

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

manual_man wrote: »
    Don't mention the war...

Tick tock

I haven't surrendered yet!

How do we know exactly when the prices have changed? does the fpl statistics update straight away?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

declan2693 wrote: »
    I haven't surrendered yet!

Payet is the Walcott of two years ago :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

How do we know exactly when the prices have changed? does the fpl statistics update straight away?

Uhm... the fpl website obviously??

Fplstats updates every half hour I think. Being logged in to your FPL transfers page and regularly refreshing is the only way you'd know for sure. :P Price changes could be effected any time now, or might not happen til later in the morning...

• Advertisement

He survived. Adrian, Kompany, Oxford and Coutinho all went up

WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

manual_man wrote:
    He survived. Adrian, Kompany and Coutinho all went up

Boooooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Hasn't been as much excitement since the Wall Street Crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I have no intention of selling Walcott before I see him play again, but that's quite a good result as a drop yesterday would have meant a likely 0.2 drop before Sunday. Now he'll get to -200% or something tonight and then might hold onto 8.9

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

I have no intention of selling Walcott before I see him play again, but that's quite a good result as a drop yesterday would have meant a likely 0.2 drop before Sunday. Now he'll get to -200% or something tonight and then might hold onto 8.9

I'd say he'll drop tonight. If you're not going to persevere with him it might be an idea to transfer straight after the Man U kick off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Colking wrote: »
    I'd say he'll drop tonight. If you're not going to persevere with him it might be an idea to transfer straight after the Man U kick off.

I don't know who I would want for him yet and wouldn't mind holding for Liverpool if he does well on Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

I don't know who I would want for him yet and wouldn't mind holding for Liverpool if he does well on Sunday

I'm the same, I don't see the sense in making a transfer tonight unless it was a man united player I was bringing in and they survived unscathed, what's the point in bringing in coutinho, yaya, silva etc when they still have to play and could get injured/suspended and Walcott could score a hat trick.

I'd rather pay the .1 loss and not completely tie my hands before 1 match into a 10 match weekend.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    I'm the same, I don't see the sense in making a transfer tonight unless it was a man united player I was bringing in and they survived unscathed, what's the point in bringing in coutinho, yaya, silva etc when they still have to play and could get injured/suspended and Walcott could score a hat trick.

I'd rather pay the .1 loss and not completely tie my hands before 1 match into a 10 match weekend.

It's a tough call

The main risk of holding is monetary. But at this stage of the season I think a .1 drop is the same as a .5 (for all the options it blocks)

Many people who swapped him out did so for an enabler which still leaves money in the Bank to make choices. It does however burn a FT.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I can see Walcott starting this week as Giroud was terrible. If Arsenal won and Giroud played well then he'd be gone like a hot snot.

Hopefully scores and goes back up in price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

It's a tough call

The main risk of holding is monetary. But at this stage of the season I think a .1 drop is the same as a .5 (for all the options it blocks)

Many people who swapped him out did so for an enabler which still leaves money in the Bank to make choices. It does however burn a FT.

This is true but as everybody says it is a marathon and not a sprint, That .1 will still give you trouble in week 10 and onwards but by then it'll just be one of many drops you've had to suck up. I'm with Hogey on this but I can see both sides, I don't want to be forced into a needless -4 for the sake of a .1 drop,
    I'll be keeping Walcott till late next week most likely, possibly even longer. I still think that he's going to be a big player for Arsenal this year, just hope that he settles sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

It's a tough call

For people who have transferred him out already that's fair enough, even if it was for a hit, and if I was going to transfer him out myself I'd do it before this weeks deadline so that whoever I bring in would at least be active, I was more saying that if he's still in your team when the united game kicks off then I see it as senseless to transfer him out with your GW3 transfer tonight just to save .1 as you still have 9 matches to go and who knows what will happen, the player you bring in gets injured or now that Hazard hasn't got that lovely physio running onto the field maybe he gets injured.

I get what you're saying about .1 being crucial at this stage, but my thoughts are, either move Walcott out before GW2 starts or else wait and take the .1 hit on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭LostArt

If he plays well I'll be hanging onto him, Liverpool at home the following week is quite an enticing fixture

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

This is true but as everybody says it is a marathon and not a sprint, That .1 will still give you trouble in week 10 and onwards but by then it'll just be one of many drops you've had to suck up. I'm with Hogey on this but I can see both sides, I don't want to be forced into a needless -4 for the sake of a .1 drop,
    I'll be keeping Walcott till late next week most likely, possibly even longer. I still think that he's going to be a big player for Arsenal this year, just hope that he settles sooner rather than later.

While I agree the drop now is similar to a 0.5 drop later on in terms of impact on transfers, I think the 0.1 drop only becomes an issue if you intended to transfer him out anyway before he has a chance to recoup. I'm going to stick with him, take the 0.1 hit as I think he will be a must have this year and so will regain his value within a few weeks.

Courtois on the other hand is about to drop for me as well but I'm rethinking my strategy of keeping him in for the season so I'll probably sell him to avoid the drop and make room for Aguero.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

That's likely to happen the first time you make a transfer anyway. So say you transfer Walcott - Ayew now and get 2.0 in the bank, against 1.9 in the bank if he drops over the weekend. You'll have to repeat the feat next week to avoid the ".1 drop is the same as a .5" problem.

And the following week...
    and the following week...

In my experience, you're better off losing that .1 early, and then it lets you do sensible thought out transfers rather than panicking over money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

FHFC wrote: »
    Back to "Tomorrow"

But gone from my team.....

Where on FFFix did you find this Walcott stat?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

That's the main point for me.

As I said in another thread or in this one earlier, I don 't see the point in holding before tonight and transferring him out right after the deadline unless Depay or Mata scores a hat-trick and you're happy to jump on his board.

Because otherwise you'd be getting in someone that hasn't touched a ball yet in GW2. And that could go awfully wrong. In that case you'd better transfer him out before the deadline and trust your replacement from GW2 onwards!

Shedite27 wrote: »
    That's likely to happen the first time you make a transfer anyway. So say you transfer Walcott - Ayew now and get 2.0 in the bank, against 1.9 in the bank if he drops over the weekend. You'll have to repeat the feat next week to avoid the ".1 drop is the same as a .5" problem.

And the following week...
    and the following week...

In my experience, you're better off losing that .1 early, and then it lets you do sensible thought out transfers rather than panicking over money.

True, and with the lessons learned last year it doesn't seem like there is the same capacity to "grow" a million or two that there was in previous seasons.

I don't know of anyone that did particularly well trying to time wc's for international breaks last year for example.

Might be time to not place such a premium on .1 here and there.

I transferred out Sterling and brought in Mahrez. Did the fact Mahrez was going to go up influence me ? Yes partially. I needed a decent enabler and wasn't going to get rid of Hazard so bye bye Sterling.

I'll have to force myself to examine my reasons for transferring e.g. is it for potential points gain or fear of missing a price rise or fall ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,332 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Lot's of good points here about Walcott. Have given it thought and have decided I'll transfer him out today after the game updates. I'm thinking I'll gamble on Payet

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

8-10 wrote: »
    Lot's of good points here about Walcott. Have given it thought and have decided I'll transfer him out today after the game updates. I'm thinking I'll gamble on Payet

I did that move last night. If gambling on Payet then didn't want to miss Leicester at home. Plus I'm not at all convinced by the popular notion that "walcott has to start this week".

• Registered Users Posts: 13,332 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I did that move last night. If gambling on Payet then didn't want to miss Leicester at home. Plus I'm not at all convinced by the popular notion that "walcott has to start this week".

Yeah that's what I was struggling with. Get in Payet now for Leicester&Bournemouth or wait until tonight and have Walcott v Palace and Payet v Bournemouth

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

8-10 wrote: »
    Yeah that's what I was struggling with. Get in Payet now for Leicester&Bournemouth or wait until tonight and have Walcott v Palace and Payet v Bournemouth

Its a tough one. Walcott could start and get a goal or three. Or he could get 10 mins.

The uncertainty plus the flirtation with a drop last night sealed it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Looks like I'm heading for my first -4 for GW3, need Aguero in and Walcott gone before the drop.

No Arsenal cover for Palace is a concern.

All out attack chip us very likely to be played tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Its a tough one. Walcott could start and get a goal or three. Or he could get 10 mins.

The uncertainty plus the flirtation with a drop last night sealed it for me.

Walcott was purely a one week shot for me in GW1. His position in the team is under threat way too much for him to any FF squad. It'd be a big head **** and he'd never, ever be captain material, which for a player that is 9m, I'd like to at least have an option for their home games!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭sheroman01

O'Shea AND Ritchie about to drop. **** sake. I really, really need a plan for the next few games and stick with it so as to not take any more hits, bring in Aguero and have a decent team. Oh how FPL affects your life.

Advertisement