Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price Changes 2015/2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

has anybody managed 3 rises in a gameweek this season?? had a thought that they could have changed it to max 2 rises...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

manual_man wrote: »
    has anybody managed 3 rises in a gameweek this season?? had a thought that they could have changed it to max 2 rises...

Mahrez did in GW3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Markx wrote: »
    As a matter of interest I wondering what the source of the 3 rises in a week 'rule' is. It's something I've always believed, possibly based on the FISO explanations. Is it possible that there has never been enough transfer volume to test the thresholds for a 4th rise?

I don't see it happening but if he goes up again tonight and suppose something very unlikely like an Aguero injury were to happen tomorrow, then you would have to think we could be in unchartered territory......

So is the 3 rises set in stone somewhere?

I'm not playing the game long enough so didn't experience it but when I started playing (2010/11) the "FISO crack the code" guide to price changes was not specifying any limit for rises and drops. NTI/O were "just" doubled, trebled, etc... for each subsequent change.

In 2013/14, when FPL changed the rules towards price changes (I believe they reduced or removed the weighting factors), there never was a £0.4m rise despite many candidates (hence the £0.3m max rule - maybe they put it in place to make up for the reduced/removed weighting factors?). I noticed this year that FiSO updated their guide and mentioned this threshold.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭shineon23

UP:
    Howard, Tim
    Kolarov, Aleksandar
    Barkley, Ross
    Wilson, Callum
    Martial, Anthony

Down:
    Zabaleta, Pablo
    Larsson, Sebastian
    Milner, James
    Defoe, Jermain
    Jones, Phil
    Agbonlahor, Gabriel
    Mertesacker, Per
    Davis, Steven
    Borges Da Silva, Willian
    Moore, Liam
    de Jong, Siem
    Kinsella, Lewis
    Da Silva Costa, Diego
    Jiménez López, Juan Miguel
    Matthews, Adam
    Holebas, José
    Kenedy
    Ibarbo, Víctor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

shineon23 wrote: »
    UP:
    Howard, Tim
    Kolarov, Aleksandar
    Barkley, Ross
    Wilson, Callum
    Martial, Anthony

Down:
    Zabaleta, Pablo
    Larsson, Sebastian
    Milner, James
    Defoe, Jermain
    Jones, Phil
    Agbonlahor, Gabriel
    Mertesacker, Per
    Davis, Steven
    Borges Da Silva, Willian
    Moore, Liam
    de Jong, Siem
    Kinsella, Lewis
    Da Silva Costa, Diego
    Matthews, Adam
    Holebas, José
    Kenedy
    Ibarbo, Víctor

4 risers.... No fallers happy days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

shineon23 wrote: »
    UP:
    Howard, Tim
    Kolarov, Aleksandar
    Barkley, Ross
    Wilson, Callum
    Martial, Anthony

Down:
    Zabaleta, Pablo
    Larsson, Sebastian
    Milner, James
    Defoe, Jermain
    Jones, Phil
    Agbonlahor, Gabriel
    Mertesacker, Per
    Davis, Steven
    Borges Da Silva, Willian
    Moore, Liam
    de Jong, Siem
    Kinsella, Lewis
    Da Silva Costa, Diego
    Matthews, Adam
    Holebas, José
    Kenedy
    Ibarbo, Víctor

It's just not the same without Mick!

I'm on a WC and have had every riser so far. Also managed to avoid 2 drops. This is going a little too well...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I'm on a WC and have had every riser so far. Also managed to avoid 2 drops. This is going a little too well...

Same. I highly doubt Howard double rises, but I put him in for the craic

• Registered Users Posts: 21,119 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Avoiding the drops are the main thing by a mile imo.

I had the same early WC optimism for my one but you're just not going to get a double rise out of the likes of Tim Howard and he's probably going to be taken out before the WC ends... so a useless rise in reality. I had 3 useless 0.1 rises from Barkley, Lukaku, Kone myself.

I can't see this week as being a great one for WC's, a lot of the risers this week are guys that will already be in a lot of teams anyway.

Sorry for the downer :)

On a positive for this week. Martial's double rise has created a very rare opportunity to make a pure 0.1m WC profit and run with it (if you don't fancy keeping him obviously). With the new system these past to years, this opportunity is a rare one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Any wisdom as to why Gomis is dropping like a stone? Is it just that easy cheaper options are coming through? Going him to Sakho myself I think, like West Ham's form and upcoming fixtures and he's rising slightly without having been in un-sustainable good form lately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

hots wrote: »
    Any wisdom as to why Gomis is dropping like a stone? Is it just that easy cheaper options are coming through? Going him to Sakho myself I think, like West Ham's form and upcoming fixtures and he's rising slightly without having been in un-sustainable good form lately.

He's a poor striker who was on a good run. Now that appears to be over, people will drop him quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

hots wrote: »
    1. Martial.
    2. 2 2 pointers in a row.
    3. No BPs.
    4. Swansea fixtures (not bad but not that great either, respectively to others).

Lemlin wrote: »
    He's a poor striker who was on a good run. Now that appears to be over, people will drop him quickly.
    You're very harsh. Unless you just meant poor FPL-wise. As I said many times here, you don't get 8 consecutive 10+ league goals seasons in France if you're a poor striker. If he stays Swansea's main striker this year, he should get 10+ goals in the PL.

iroced wrote: »
    1. Martial.
    2. 2 2 pointers in a row.
    3. No BPs.
    4. Swansea fixtures (not bad but not that great either, respectively to others).

You're very harsh. Unless you just meant poor FPL-wise. As I said many times here, you don't get 8 consecutive 10+ league goals seasons in France if you're a poor striker. If he stays Swansea's main striker this year, he should get 10+ goals in the PL.

Very harsh Lemlin!!

You don't score 9 goals in 10 consecutive PL games is your a poor striker. Which was his record before the last 2 blanks.

His stats the last 2 games are good also. 6 shot, 4 in the box, 4 on target. Meanwhile Martial has 4 shots, 3 in box, 3 on target, 3 goals.

The Martial frenzy is the main reason he's dropping. I'm leaning towards holding Gomis as a differential.

I don't rate him. Swansea supporter here in work doesn't rate him either. He has good stats but I do think he'll be found out sooner rather than later. Even Danny Graham could score goals for Swansea for a while. They play a good style of football and have some decent creative players.

The French league is the fifth best in Europe iroced and my opinion, with no offence meant, is that the best players tend to come to the PL for a reason!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I don't rate him. Swansea supporter here in work doesn't rate him either. He has good stats but I do think he'll be found out sooner rather than later. Even Danny Graham could score goals for Swansea for a while. They play a good style of football and have some decent creative players.

The French league is the fifth best in Europe iroced and my opinion, with no offence meant, is that the best players tend to come to the PL for a reason!

Because they're good?
    Maybe I'm reading that wrong but to me that makes no sense.

Mr 3 Shots 3 Goals possibly in more danger of being "found out". :) Martial had 9 goals from 51 shots (29 on target) in the 5th best league last year.

Think I'll take my chances with 9 goals in 12 games Gomis.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Because they're good?
    Maybe I'm reading that wrong but to me that makes no sense.

Because they're moving to a better league. It's the same reason the best PL players now move to Spain.

FHFC wrote: »
    Mr 3 Shots 3 Goals possibly in more danger of being "found out". :) Martial had 9 goals from 51 shots (29 on target) in the 5th best league last year.

As we all know, stats can be manipulated. If you look at last season a whole, 7 goals in 31 games.

Martial is a pure punt by me. I wouldn't do it if I hadn't the WC in my back pocket. He's impressed me a lot more than Gomis has though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

FHFC wrote:
    Mr 3 Shots 3 Goals possibly in more danger of being "found out". Martial had 9 goals from 51 shots (29 on target) in the 5th best league last year.

I'm not sure, but was he not playing wide last year? If he's guaranteed to start the majority of weeks, then he's a cheap way into utd's attack. I got him in for that reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,085 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Because they're moving to a better league. It's the same reason the best PL players now move to Spain.

Well, that's only some of it. First and foremost it's because they're moving to a league that pays better.

Probably a soccer forum discussion more so than an FPL one but outside the big 2 in Spain, the best players at the other clubs will come to England too, because of the crazy money on offer while with recent developments in all European competitions it would be hard to make a strong case for the Premier League being stronger than La Liga.

Players go first and foremost where the money is and while soccernomics dictate that those who pay the most are the best this logic doesn't really apply so well outside the domestic setting.

• Advertisement

As we all know, stats can be manipulated. If you look at last season a whole, 7 goals in 31 games.

Martial is a pure punt by me. I wouldn't do it if I hadn't the WC in my back pocket. He's impressed me a lot more than Gomis has though.

Now thats what i call manipulation!! :) You know as well as i do he wasn't playing till Bony left apart from the odd last 10 mins as a sub. Once he got a run in the team it was 7 in 15, with 6 in his last 7 as he got settled in. Culminating in 9 in 13 to now. Thats not a manipulated stat. Its simply how many actual goals he has in his actual last 13 PL games!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,111 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Is 9 goals in 51 shots a bad conversion rate now? For a 19 y/o wide man?

Why have you used Martial's goal to shots record and Gomis' goal to game ratio? Seems like different parameters being used. Martial plays for a better team than Gomis being the most obvious reason why he'd be preferred.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,085 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Liam O wrote: »

Why have you used Martial's goal to shots record and Gomis' goal to game ratio? Seems like different parameters being used. Martial plays for a better team than Gomis being the most obvious reason why he'd be preferred.

9 goals in 51 shots is an ok conversion rate. Nothing special but not bad.

United being a better team is only part of the consideration. The goals have not been flowing for United until the 2 games people are signing Martial because of, so I think it's genuine to question whether Martial is the catalyst towards United becoming a real attacking threat or if these were to be later viewed as 2 games in isolation.

3 goals in 4 shots doesn't encourage in this regard. It's an insanely good conversion rate but therein lies the problem unless he's going to be able to maintain those sort of stats, which history for him and others suggests he won't. If he's to maintain his place as a striker worth his salt being above the 5-7 price range, United will surely have to create more chances for him. With the upcoming fixtures I'd be sceptical as to if this is going to happen, and if it doesn't you're relying on him maintaining an almost unsustainable conversion rate.

Liam O wrote: »

I'mcomparing Martials very good conversion rate last year with his surreal 100% of shots on target rate this year. I'm only playing devils advocate, i think Martial is a great prospect andnif he was certain to play every game and had better fixtures I'd be in like flynn.

Stats are from a good article here http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2015/09/22/caution-urged-over-anthony-martial/

Re gomis I'm not a determined fan, was planning on selling this week but gonna give him a bit longer. Probably. I'm just having a bit of a rattle at my old pal Lemlin and not letting him away with casually branding Gomis a poor player. :) I don't know how many shots it took gomis to score his 9 in 13, I'm sure it was a decent conversion rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,119 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

FHFC get's a bit cranky when he decides to miss out on some price rises :)

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Markx

From an article by Barney Ronay in the Guardian today: "Look a little closer and he only started playing regularly as a central striker in March, scoring eight goals in his last 15 matches for Monaco last season."

• Registered Users Posts: 20,352 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Martial 10% to a rise already. He won't go tonight, but he will go ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

I'mcomparing Martials very good conversion rate last year with his surreal 100% of shots on target rate this year. I'm only playing devils advocate, i think Martial is a great prospect andnif he was certain to play every game and had better fixtures I'd be in like flynn.

Stats are from a good article here http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2015/09/22/caution-urged-over-anthony-martial/

Re gomis I'm not a determined fan, was planning on selling this week but gonna give him a bit longer. Probably. I'm just having a bit of a rattle at my old pal Lemlin and not letting him away with casually branding Gomis a poor player. :) I don't know how many shots it took gomis to score his 9 in 13, I'm sure it was a decent conversion rate.

The conversation seems to be Gomis or Martial but would you go Benteke -> Martial if you already had Aguero and Wilson?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Lads let's stay on topic. Price change discussions please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

How quick is Targett moving?

Need 0.1 more to get my ideal wildcard team and will get that if he rises this week. 13,000 transfers in this round.

Advertisement