Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

zooplus.de

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭morgana

They won't budge - so they now offered me a 10 Euro code as consolation "to be used in any Zooplus shop". The irony is mind-boggling ... and my discount should be usable in the Irish shop, of not they will refund ...
    I tried the Dutch site, no go either, just offers delivery to Benelux. UK will still deliver to Ireland so far but the price difference to the Irish site is small and sipping is either 10 or 12 Sterling

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭pawrick

cant see the uk access lasting if they have restricted access to other sites (If iUK access does continue try getting a free revolut account to offset currency conversion charges). This seems to be nothing more than a money grab as they know the Irish market lacks competition and it is an extremely shoddy way to treat loyal customers.

If the irish site had the same choice as the german one i wound'nt be too upset but unfortunately it hasn't and what it has is marked up considerably in many cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

I order over €300 a month with zooplus so if they stop us using the UK site too I'm going to be down about €40 every month. :mad:

Just did my usual order on all 3 sites without checking out & this is the difference.

UK £286.59 (XE = 327.702) coupon code not allowed, 5% Savings Plan Discount

Germany €332.71 with 2% coupon code, 5% Savings Plan Discount

Ireland €369.31 don't have a coupon code, 5% Savings Plan Discount

Received this email today after ordering from zooplus.ie with my german account (had to call them as there were lots of problems getting it accepted)

google translate:

Dear xyz, Munich, 29.05.2018

Thank you very much for ordering food and accessories for your pet at zooplus!

We would like to inform you today about the following important change:

Orders via our German zooplus-Shop www.zooplus.de can no longer be sent to Ireland.

Different VAT rates apply in the EU Member States. We as dealers are obliged to pay the tax rate of the respective country of delivery to the tax authorities. Ireland currently has a VAT rate of 23% for pet supplies. The prices at zooplus.de, however, are calculated for the value-added tax rates valid in Germany of 7% for pet food and 19% for other pet supplies.

In order to be able to continue to offer our customers our low prices, we significantly restrict deliveries from our zooplus.de shop to countries with high value-added tax rates. For Ireland this possibility is completely eliminated.

You are welcome to choose one of our international shops for your orders in the future:

www.zooplus.ie
    www.zooplus.co.uk
    www.zooplus.com

A new registration is not necessary. Your login details as well as your bonus points are also valid for these shops.

Thank you for your understanding
    Your zooplus customer service

• Registered Users Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭tk123

godammit I only ordered on .ie today.. Log into .com for a look and low and behold they offer me savings plan immediately - which they told me wasn't available to renew anymore as I'm in Ireland!

EDIT.. :o I put an order in on .com to get the savings plan while it was available. Small care package for my friend's dog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Good news! It comes into effect in December.

http://www.thejournal.ie/irish-online-shopping-eu-3830479-Feb2018/

boomerang wrote: »
    Good news! It comes into effect in December.

http://www.thejournal.ie/irish-online-shopping-eu-3830479-Feb2018/

That seems very promising

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Zooplus must have known this was coming down the line though, so why bother pissing off a load of customers if it's only gonna be for 9 months or so.

Zooplus must have known this was coming down the line though, so why bother pissing off a load of customers if it's only gonna be for 9 months or so.

Why did they have me create a new account for .co.uk when the savings plan isn't available to me in Ireland! And why didn't they mention .com Tools

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭chsdeddijj

pawrick wrote: »
    not too bad so - i buy a lot of parrot stuff as well as dog food and cat food on the German site. there can be quite a difference on the parrot treats of a few euro per item and their Irish site has a really poor selection in comparison. It all comes from the same store house anyhow so cant see why they would restrict the option apart from pushing us to use the irish site more.
    What's the German site for Zooplus?

• Advertisement

chsdeddijj wrote: »
    What's the German site for Zooplus?

The clue is in the thread title lol - zooplus.de :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sillysmiles

I never read my emails. I just went on line to reorder an orthopedic dog bed and it wasn't allowing me. I even pulled out the laptop in case it was something random with my phone.
    This is so annoying. Ordering their food is just something I don;t have to think about, I don't want the hassle of finding new food for the furred one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

So, first order through zooplus.co.uk took about 10 days to arrive. Placed a second order last night and received the email below this evening. In 10 years I've never had this happen with zooplus.de, and zooplus.co.uk is working out about 20% more expensive for me. Not happy.

/ end rant

Delay Information
    Your zooplus order *********

Dear *********,

Thank you very much for your order ********* from 09.06.2018.

Due to a high volume of orders, your delivery might be delayed. We know that you are looking forward to receiving your zooplus order and we are working hard to make sure it gets to you as soon as possible.

As soon as your parcel is on its way, you will receive a dispatch notification which includes a link to your selected delivery service provider. You can use this link to track the delivery status of your parcel and if necessary, change the delivery day.

Best regards,
    Your zooplus service team

Notes & Hints

Please note that the contract of sale is only concluded once you have received a further email with your order shipping confirmation.

I ordered one from .ie and one from .com 2 weeks ago and it took 7 days as it was the BH weekend - so one day later than normal if it wasn’t a BH. I always use DPD though and find dhl / an post takes longer. I’ve had the delay notice once and it was delayed dispatching 1 or 2 days.
    They drive me crazy - I might need to get a new ramp and it’s €35 dearer on .ie/.com compared to .co.uk!

My last order on the .ie site, I chose DHL. One parcel went via UK which seems to be a sticking point causing delays anytime I order while the other arrived a day sooner and was delivered by an post via holland. both parcels were large boxes so I dont know why one arrived via an post.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Springwell

That delay notice seems to mean sod all - I've got it a few times and it's never added any time to my delivery.

My parcels always go to Belgium - UK - Athlone with DPD.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Ordered from .ie on Thursday night, Friday morning got email about 19% off, they'd already shipped my order, in less than 12 hours, I rang and discount was applied to order. Parcel came this morning, quickest I ever got a delivery.
    My cat needs renal food, which they have on .de but not .ie really annoying

Further email i received from zooplus when i queried the lack of selection on the German site v the irish site and if they intend adding products to the Irish site. I think people should pester them on this as telling us to use the UK site is a bit of a joke considering they are due to leave the Eu and dont have the same currency. On top of this the earlier excuse of the differing VAT rates as a reason why we are blocked from the German site is ignored for the UK???? It sounds like they are talking BS to me.

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thank you for your message.

we would like to understand your reasons for ordering on the DE website for delivery to Ireland, instead of either the UK or IE websites.

This will help us to determine if we need to make changes or improvements to those shops in line with country specific, to equal the products and services that were available to you from the DE website.

Please note that in the case of assortment, we cannot guarantee this for all products particularly for some German brands and for those products that we are already restricted from shipping to Ireland, but we are more than happy to have a look into this.

We do appreciate you understanding and apologise for any inconvenience.

We trust you will not hesitate to contact us should you require any further assistance: https://www.zooplus.ie/contact/.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭muddypaws

I've not bought from zooplus before but want to get some food so, which site would be best? What's the best way to shop with them, is there a membership or loyalty scheme that's worth signing up to? It's just food for Diefer I'd be buying and just while he's a pup.

muddypaws wrote: »
    I've not bought from zooplus before but want to get some food so, which site would be best? What's the best way to shop with them, is there a membership or loyalty scheme that's worth signing up to? It's just food for Diefer I'd be buying and just while he's a pup.

If you order on zooplus.ie use this code for 19% off 19-EXCLUSIVES certain products - valid til 11pm tonight. There is a new member discount also but you can only use one or the other and this can not be used with the membership discount either.

Until recently most here were ordering from the zooplus.de (German) site but they will no longer deliver if ordered from there. Only the .ie .co.uk and .com sites deliver to Ireland now.
    Depending on the deals on a particular day one site may be better than the other to order from. The Irish site has a limited selection compared to the UK and German site but you could be lucky and it might have what you need. There is a membership discount but there seems to be issues signing up to that via the Irish site. membership offers 7% extra off for a small once off fee covering 1 to 3 years.

• Advertisement

Ordered on Wednesday night, delivered today, for €20 a bag less than I'd pay in a bricks and mortar shop here, if anyone here stocked it! Stupid getting excited when the DPD man turned up, when I knew it was just 2 bags of dog food!

Ordered on Wednesday night, delivered today, for €20 a bag less than I'd pay in a bricks and mortar shop here, if anyone here stocked it! Stupid getting excited when the DPD man turned up, when I knew it was just 2 bags of dog food!

You do realise you can track him and see how many stops are left before you?:P

tk123 wrote: »

You do realise you can track him and see how many stops are left before you?:P

Not today, didn't even get the text to say there was a delivery today

Chancers! I was charged 6.99 for postage even though I spent the min €49! Have emailed them! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭sunbeam

There was a bit of uproar on the zooplus.de Facebook page a few days ago, as they now appear to be charging German customers extra if their deliveries require more than one package. I suspect that we'll be next in line for that.

I haven't used them for a while but noticed on zooplus.ie that their prices for the cheaper cat foods seem to have increased a lot. Think I'll be heading back to Amazon for the time being.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

is there somewhere better I can order royal canine young sterilised cat food. from zooplus.de we were getting 12kg bags for around 50 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

zooplus.com are now charging a 'service fee' for orders in excess of 31kg.

zooplus.co.uk are dispatching orders in part with DPD even though DHL are selected at checkout. Zooplus have stated they do this for 'logistical reasons'. I select DHL even though it's an extra £1 because DPD will not deliver to my location at work. Never had any problems with zooplus until this year. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

€4 for delivery of each box, no thank you I'll start looking elsewhere if I've to pay that.

They already increased the cost of the cat food I get by €2 and tried to claim it was a discount. A tray of 20 smilla has been €18.99 for years, suddenly it went up to €20.99 as a black Friday deal down from €21.99 despite having never been €21.99. I sent them a complaint with screenshots and attachments of previous orders and got a bulls**t reply back. Still listed as a discount on the website.

I got 2 new coolmats and some treats... I assumed the mats were pushing the price up so removed them and added 2 extra bags of treats to get over the 49 to test and it was still charging the 6.99! Rabbits ears aren’t heavy so it’s def not the weigh! :mad:

• Advertisement

They have terrible customer service in as far as keeping customers informed of changes. This total lack of communication is highlighted again in their German FB comments. Whatever their future it doesn't appear all is well in zooplus.

Advertisement