Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

zooplus.de

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Well this is the lovely stock reply I received this morning. I had already pointed out to them that 'logistics' could not be the problem as they offer free delivery from the Irish site for a lower spend:

Thank you for your message.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused, but due to logistic reasons, we no longer offer free shipping to Ireland from German shop.

We trust you will not hesitate to contact us should you require any further assistance:  https://www.zooplus.ie/contact/.

Sincerely,
    Your zooplus Service Team

Not even an offer of a 10 percent discount code. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Kattra

I also wrote to them, in german, pointing out that while there is no longer free shipping to Ireland they still offer free shipping to UK. I don`t think it will change anything but i am really disappointed. I already calculated that it is now cheaper again to buy Eden Petfood then ordering Purizon from them (as using 3% Sammelbesteller and 8% Sparplan now only offsets the deliverycost).

Kattra wrote: »
    I also wrote to them, in german, pointing out that while there is no longer free shipping to Ireland they still offer free shipping to UK. I don`t think it will change anything but i am really disappointed. I already calculated that it is now cheaper again to buy Eden Petfood then ordering Purizon from them (as using 3% Sammelbesteller and 8% Sparplan now only offsets the deliverycost).

I've only over used the 3 percent sammelbesteler code. How much doe you have to spend to use the 8 percent sparplan one?

And to top it all off the 3 percent sammelbesteller code has now been reduced to 2 percent.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Kattra

That was an offer where you had to pay 19,90 Euro and get 8% off for the next 3 years.
    The url is: (www)zooplus.de/account/savingsplan
    You might want to be already logged in to your zooplus account to see it. It`s possible that there is only a plan for 5% or non at all as i can`t check it with my own account ^^

• Advertisement

Looks like it is not available-for me anyway. Shame as it would have been very handy for offsetting the postage cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Funny they've no FB page for the .ie site - social media is a good place to complain lol!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

That's why I don't bother with Zooplus any more. I get mine from Amazon shipped for free! :D The 7.99 to send via DHL is staying in my purse...

Is the food not more expensive on Amazon though?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭pawrick

I was looking at the dog food I usually buy and it works out 5 euro cheaper on amazon.de compared to the base price on zooplus.de. I'm not sure if I get free delivery with that but it appears i do. Will be ordering some tomorrow so will have a proper look then.

There is a zooplus.co.uk facebook page btw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Zooplus.de won't let me ship to my parcel motel NI address neither??

My generic reply....

Dear Mr. Torment,

We apologise for any inconvenience caused, but due to our contract with delivery partners, shipping costs have been recently changed.

We trust you will not hesitate to contact us should you require any further assistance: https://www.zooplus.co.uk/contact/.

Sincerely,

Edit........Double post for some reason

They use the exact same courier companies for delivery to Ireland on the .ie site as the .de site, so contracts with their delivery partners obviously are not the issue here. They wouldn't try this with their UK customers as they have far more choice for pet food delivery over there. :(

I did point that out to them Sunbeam.

This is how they replied

Dear Mr. Torment,

Please be advised that we no longer offer free shipping to Ireland from zooplus.de.

You can visit our Irish website http://www.zooplus.ie/

We trust you will not hesitate to contact us should you require any further assistance: https://www.zooplus.co.uk/contact/.

Sincerely,

They can go fûck themselves if they think I'm buying anything from there again

I tried putting a few bits in the shopping baskets of both the .de and .ie sites last night to see how they compared. On the .de site a message appeared about a one time 1 Euro discount if I increased my spend to 40 Euro. On the Irish site a similar message appeared offering me a 1 Euro discount if I increased the contents of my basket to 70 Euro. :mad:

They deleted my comment on their facebook page the other day without explanation - anyhow they lost me as a customer to amazon

pawrick wrote: »
    They deleted my comment on their facebook page the other day without explanation - anyhow they lost me as a customer to amazon

That was going to be my next port of call. Thanks for saving me the bother of posting there.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Cocolola

sunbeam wrote: »
    I tried putting a few bits in the shopping baskets of both the .de and .ie sites last night to see how they compared. On the .de site a message appeared about a one time 1 Euro discount if I increased my spend to 40 Euro. On the Irish site a similar message appeared offering me a 1 Euro discount if I increased the contents of my basket to 70 Euro. :mad:

You know, as much as Ireland can be a great place to live and all, it's this type of shíte (not just on Zooplus of course) that drives me absolutely bananas.
    I'm sick to the back teeth of having to faff around between different domains of a company's sites to find the cheapest one and compare the delivery costs and then if they won't ship to the south of Ireland (because of course it's impossible to ship to different placeson the same island) I have to spend ages* investigating whether my package will fit in the damn Parcel Motel lockers!!! :mad::mad::mad:

/rant

Think I'll have a gawk at Amazon the next time I'm ordering dog food so, thanks for the tips lads.

*may or may not be an exaggeration :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Is it just me having problems getting zooplus.de to accept my parcel motel address?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

TheTorment wrote: »
    Is the food not more expensive on Amazon though?

No....

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Hildred

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Is it just me having problems getting zooplus.de to accept my parcel motel address?

Maximum weight for Parcel Motel is 10kg for the €3.95 delivery. Overweight/sized packages incur an additional €7.00 up to 35kg and an additional €7.00 per 10kg over the 35kg. Could work out expensive if you're ordering in bulk . . . If you can get it to accept your PM address that is!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Hildred

No....

I think it would depend on what food you order. I just did an "order" for 2 x 15kg of Markus Mühle Natur Nah on Amazon.de and it worked out about €2 dearer than zooplus.ie. :( Think I'll stick with zooplus.de for the moment. It still works out cheaper with the 8% discount than .ie, and certainly less expensive than amazon.de, for me at least!

This is how it works for me

2 x 13kg Orijen dry dog food. All prices include delivery

Amazon uk €173.64

Amazon.de €159.79

Zooplus.ie (with 5% discount) €148.18

Zooplus.de (with 5% discount) €152.48

Zooplus.be (with 5% discount) €151.98

So Zooplus.ie is the cheapest option for me it appears. Unless anyone can see a cheaper option??

for info re comparing amazon prices

www.curiua.com gives the prices on amazon for their german, uk, french, spanish and italian sites.

there is a wide variance in prices and some products will still work out cheaper on zooplus.de

I'm glad i got my 8% plan now!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭odckdo

Zooplus are getting greedy now! Just noticed they reduced the bulk orders coupon for over 100 euro from 3% to 2%. So in addition to the delivery charge, its a double hit.

Ended up placing a large order with .de as it still worked out better than .ie

I wouldn't mind I recently switched my dog food to a Zooplus brand, partly to buy in euro on .de rather than a sterling only dog food.

.de still has a better range of products and better options/combinations.

Has anyone noticed for the .ie website there are way less newsletters or advertisements promoting reduced items compared to UK or de sites? (I get at least 2 emails per month from .de and UK but rarely from .ie)

odckdo wrote: »

Has anyone noticed for the .ie website there are way less newsletters or advertisements promoting reduced items compared to UK or de sites?

Yes!! There's rarely a freebie on the .ie site! :( I usually order from .de so I get a free box of biscuits with our Luposan pellets lol!!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Just ordered from .de site as .ie was €17 dearer, but will be emailing again to point this out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Some products do seem to work out cheaper on the .ie site.
    Acana Wild Prairie is €116.99 for 2 x 13kg, free delivery. It's €123.49 after discount + €9.99 for delivery on .de. So would be cheaper from zooplus.ie even without the extra postage charge. Maybe they've dropped some prices on the Irish site to make up for the increased delivery charges?

Advertisement