Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

zooplus.de

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Ashbx

I shocked people are so surprised by this! If everyone was buying off the German site to avoid paying delivery charge, they obviously spotted this. So put a delivery charge on the German site and people would start using the Irish site! Its common sense from a business point of view!

Come on people, its a business! Of course they charge delivery... especially coming from Germany! In fact, they should be charging more to deliver from Germany than Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Ashbx wrote: »
    I shocked people are so surprised by this! If everyone was buying off the German site to avoid paying delivery charge, they obviously spotted this. So put a delivery charge on the German site and people would start using the Irish site! Its common sense from a business point of view!

Come on people, its a business! Of course they charge delivery... especially coming from Germany! In fact, they should be charging more to deliver from Germany than Ireland.
    :)
    Have you ever used Zooplus?! If you did you'd know that everything comes from the same warehouse in Germany so shipping (and prices) should be the same across all of their subsites! It was free shipping if you spent €100 so if anything they'll lose custom from people who were adding bits and pieces to the order to make it up to €100. Every site I order from gives free delivery if you spend x amount - that why I use them instead of the ones that don't

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

Has anyone tried to order off the de site in the past few days? Have been trying since Friday am but when I get as far as the credit card bit, it won't take the order. Have tried different cards and splitting the order (it's over €400) but it won't work. Don't want to try the co.uk site as it works out a lot more expensive. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Hildred

cotton wrote: »
    Has anyone tried to order off the de site in the past few days? Have been trying since Friday am but when I get as far as the credit card bit, it won't take the order. Have tried different cards and splitting the order (it's over €400) but it won't work. Don't want to try the co.uk site as it works out a lot more expensive. :(

I ordered from .de on Thursday morning, with no issues. I always use PayPal though, for added security.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Trying to order from .de today and it's saying they can't deliver to my address. It's the same address I've been using for the last 2 years and I've had previous deliveries from .de since then. Are they not taking Irish orders anymore on .de?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭morgana

WTF - yes you are right. Will mail them immediately. Been ordering from the de site since 2014 ... if this is permanent it would be a reason not to order from them any more

That's weird we just ordered from zooplus.de last night. No issues and email today saying it's shipped.

Edit: maybe it's just a temporary problem with the site today?!

Possibly. I asked on a facebook group as well and someone there ordered from .de last week and it was all fine. It's weird cos when I choose Irland it says free delivery, but then won't accept the address.

I sincerely hope so, I've mailed them now. This is the error message:

rll2qg.png

Possibly. I asked on a facebook group as well and someone there ordered from .de last week and it was all fine. It's weird cos when I choose Irland it says free delivery, but then won't accept the address.

Yes i noticed that as well.

• Advertisement

Same error as me. So it must either be a technical issue, or some new policy. Obviously my address isn't the problem. I've messaged them too so we will see.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Weird, I got a big delivery from the .de site last week with no problems!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭pawrick

Same error as me. So it must either be a technical issue, or some new policy. Obviously my address isn't the problem. I've messaged them too so we will see.

let us know how you get on, might be part of another push to move us to their Irish site maybe (i ordered from the DE site last week so am due a delivery this week)

What I'm ordering would be 94.95 on .de if it's still 12.99 delivery charge. If I ordered the exact same from .ie it would be 116.75!

What I'm ordering would be 94.95 on .de if it's still 12.99 delivery charge. If I ordered the exact same from .ie it would be 116.75!

Yeah it's crazy. Our order last night was just under 100 too and would have been a lot more on .ie.

Confirmation from someone commenting on my facebook query, she rang them and they said no more deliveries from .de to countried that have their own sites.

So no more.de :(

It will still let me order from .co.uk though, which is about a fiver cheaper.

Confirmation from someone commenting on my facebook query, she rang them and they said no more deliveries from .de to countried that have their own sites.

No way! :( Looks like we just got in in the nick of time! Ah I'm disgusted at that now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

I find the UK site has a bigger range too

Considering it all comes from the same place I don't know why they can't just have the same offerings on all sites Ok if prices have to be a little different for VAT etc, but why does .ie have such poor availability compared to the others.

I had the same issues last month when my loyalty discount expired. They've scrapped it for the .Ie site, I wasn't able to order from .de and they had me sign up with a new account on .co.uk so they could manually push the discount! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Just tried it there. "Unfortunately, we are currently unable to supply the address you have specified. We apologize for any inconvenience."

Zooplus just got a helluva lot more expensive. :(

Well I got a reply and its exactly that, no more international orders from any of the sites. If you want to use Zooplus, you have to use the overpriced Irish site which has a way smaller selection and does not have most of the stuff i usually order.
    "We can understand your unhappiness with the situation. However, this is a company decision which is irreversible, Please order at zooplus.ie from now on."
    Fk them ...

What a pile of crap! The range on .ie is extremely limited compared to .co.uk let alone .de :(

Yea, am I loosing the discount plan I payed for and which would still run for another year. I told them they lost a loyal customer of over 4 years and that many Irish customers will most likely do the same .
    I am fuming lol ....

They don't even have a FB page for the Irish site to complain on :mad: EDIT and I think thats what happened to my plan - suddenly it was gone and I had gotten it on the .de site. I'm a customer 15 years(!)

I'm fuming too Morgana! They never have the stuff we need on the Irish site and odd time they do have something we use it's overpriced. So disappointed with this decision.

Next time I get our usual order of treats treats i’m going to measure the box and see if it’s within the limits for parcel wizard etc ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I just placed an order on the .co.uk site with no problems!

I was able to order from .co.uk today but wouldn’t be surprised if that’s stops soon too.

I tried ordering from .co.uk with a parcel wizard address to get the free uk delivery and it wouldn’t accept the address.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

Still an option on .de to select Great Britain as shipping address though :confused:

I too have sent an email to Zooplus - I order at least €150 worth of stuff from them every month. Wasn't happy when shipping hit €11.99 but this is BS. Lucky I placed an order on Sunday last & it's en route.

Advertisement