Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parkside Homes New Development (Balgriffin)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭lcarrol3

BEdS_83 wrote: »
    you can't leave them outside either, they say something about a provided area, but I don't remember seeing that.

found that so strange, because I did ask Judy about that and she told me that the house could have that, I already emailed her, but just came here to see if anyone else saw that too.

There is a lane out the back for bringing your bins! So no need to bring them through the house, just via the lane into your back garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭BEdS_83

lcarrol3 wrote: »
    There is a lane out the back for bringing your bins! So no need to bring them through the house, just via the lane into your back garden.

that is great news @lcarrol3 that would work for me :D

so folks, how the snags are going so far?

so folks, how the snags are going so far?

We had ours Friday. Very little to fault, some minor cosmetic issues and a bottle left in the felt of our roof :pac: but minimal bits to be done. The foreman promised us in for Christmas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭bbehan202

We had ours Friday. Very little to fault, some minor cosmetic issues and a bottle left in the felt of our roof :pac: but minimal bits to be done. The foreman promised us in for Christmas!

Ditto. Did mine Friday too. No major issues. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Ovenumo

That’s really great to hear that there is nothing major! We have ours on Monday so hoping ours goes just as well��

bbehan202 wrote: »
    Ditto. Did mine Friday too. No major issues. :)

great to hear that :D

how long did it take? do they let you there for a period of time? did you also measure thinks up? because I'm thinking doing that too, during mine.

great to hear that :D

how long did it take? do they let you there for a period of time? did you also measure thinks up? because I'm thinking doing that too, during mine.

Takes about two hours. Foreman will give you a spiel for 15 mins and then leave you and snagger off. You can bring a measuring tape and measure whatever you want. Good snagger will do it for you too.

is there anyone here that bought Walker Drive too? and if yes, any news about snagging there? my solicitor just called me saying that Walker Drive is also set to January 2021, is that confirmed?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 bengtrj

is there anyone here that bought Walker Drive too? and if yes, any news about snagging there? my solicitor just called me saying that Walker Drive is also set to January 2021, is that confirmed?

I heard the same thing from Judy, Walker Close here. I don't think you can expect anything different (our streets are next to each other). :(

• Advertisement

bengtrj wrote: »
    I heard the same thing from Judy, Walker Close here. I don't think you can expect anything different (our streets are next to each other). :(

she came back to me today confirming that, strange part is that the valuation team was meant to go there tomorrow and he said, if the house is not ready they should not ask him to come.. =/ but anyway Judy already hammered down to January, nothing I can do anymore.

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

I asked Judy about the skirtings and she replied and I quote:

"This is no problem. Cairn will just tack the skirting boards throughout as standard for this purpose."

But I heard from friends that it is an issue and there's a risk of damaging the boards when removing them to lay the floors. I don't know what to do!

Also it might be too late since the houses are basically ready waiting for water connections and the like.

Most new developments just tack now. They come away easy enough and yes they can be damaged but its usually minor and easily rectified with some wood filler and paint.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 thepolymath

Not sure if you guys have checked but it seems Eircode is available for most of the houses.

Furthermore, has anyone gone ahead with the valuation of the house?

Not sure if you guys have checked but it seems Eircode is available for most of the houses.

Furthermore, has anyone gone ahead with the valuation of the house?

Yes - saw that eircodes are available.

I have the valuation done. Came in as asking price which is to be expected. You can arrange the same way you arrange the snag.

Has anyone decided on Home Insurance? Any recommendation? Anything particular to watch out for or to include?

We went with Zurich through quote devil and got a good rate!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Baltazar2020

Ovenumo wrote: »
    We went with Zurich through quote devil and got a good rate!

Did Zurich give you flood cover? They refused to give us cover saying the area was considered "High Flood Risk".

Did Zurich give you flood cover? They refused to give us cover saying the area was considered "High Flood Risk".

Really? But why, I researched this a lot and my conclusion was that it wasn't. It's around 15m above sea level, and even the pessimist projections would give us at least 50 years with no problems if the planet is still in one piece by them!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Really? But why, I researched this a lot and my conclusion was that it wasn't. It's around 15m above sea level, and even the pessimist projections would give us at least 50 years with no problems if the planet is still in one piece by them!

Use the OPW flood maps for official data.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 kingkoala

Hi,
    Would you happen to have the drops (vertical measurement of the window) for curtains and blinds? Unfortunately we forgot, it would be really helpful if we can get the drops.
    Thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭brisan

Gumbo wrote: »
    Use the OPW flood maps for official data.

Or you could just ask people who live in the area and have been flooded
    Been that way since I started living in the parish in 1971 as a child

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭brisan

kingkoala wrote: »
    Hi,
    Would you happen to have the drops (vertical measurement of the window) for curtains and blinds? Unfortunately we forgot, it would be really helpful if we can get the drops.
    Thanks in advance

Better off waiting till you get into the house ,
    Blinds are probably the same but there could be a slight difference in curtain drops
    No 2 new builds in the same estate are exactly the same

Yes they included flood cover for us.. that’s odd!

Anyone any updates on desnagging for Parkside Gardens please?

bbehan202 wrote: »
    Anyone any updates on desnagging for Parkside Gardens please?

Nothing yet from our side. They were on to me today with regard to HTB so I'll ask when getting back to Jill.

Been informed this morning that they're hoping to call people back for reinspection next week. Closing first two weeks of December.

Hi All, Quick question on HTB application. What did you guys put for - Deposit Payable -?? (30,000 as per contract ??) and Deposit Paid - ?? (5,000 - booking deposit??)

Hi All, Quick question on HTB application. What did you guys put for - Deposit Payable -?? (30,000 as per contract ??) and Deposit Paid - ?? (5,000 - booking deposit??)

That's exactly right. If you're eligible for the 30k HTB you'll still get it regardless of already having paid 5k.
    Also, don't forget to add your mortgage approval from the bank as an attachment, I didn't and revenue asked me for it on MyEnquiries. Avoid that!

That's exactly right. If you're eligible for the 30k HTB you'll still get it regardless of already having paid 5k.
    Also, don't forget to add your mortgage approval from the bank as an attachment, I didn't and revenue asked me for it on MyEnquiries. Avoid that!

Thanks for the prompt reply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭mr_fruitbowl

Just jumping back to the home insurance topic. Does anyone have any recommendations on the value for building cover ?

I've only just discovered that you should not be insuring a home based on asking price, but based on rebuild cost. First time buyer problems :confused:

Advertisement