Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parkside Homes New Development (Balgriffin)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 bengtrj

Col_30 wrote: »
    Make sure you join the neighbourhood facebook group. Lots of helpful tips from neighbours who have been through the snagging phase etc. Best of luck to you all! You won't regret moving to Parkside. It's a great area with fantastic community spirit.

I'm already in the Facebook group and I'm amazed how the community is helpful and awesome.

The community will soon grow with me, my wife, a 2 year old boy and a cat :D

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭lcarrol3

Hi all, just heard back about snagging and was told snagging for Parkside Gardens is "anticipated to take place in the coming weeks". So I suppose not this week! Awaiting to hear back in move in dates are impacted but seems its ESB and water holding things up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭bbehan202

Interesting. I rang again this morning to Cairn Homes and someone was due to get back in contact.

lcarrol3 wrote: »
    Hi all, just heard back about snagging and was told snagging for Parkside Gardens is "anticipated to take place in the coming weeks". So I suppose not this week! Awaiting to hear back in move in dates are impacted but seems its ESB and water holding things up.

Yeah, I was in the state this weekend and the houses themselves are up and looking finished.
    On my state Walker Close, the houses look finished as well. I had a quick chat with a construction worker on the site and he told me that he expects that houses at Walker Close will be ready in a month and a half, which matches the snagging date of December.

bbehan202 wrote: »
    Interesting. I rang again this morning to Cairn Homes and someone was due to get back in contact.

I'll be interested to hear what they say to you! I was passed off today from the selling agent to the guy mentioned in the brochure. We'll see - I'll keep you posted if there's any notice on move in dates.

@bengtrj yes they look great! I live locally and am up there a lot. Its been great to see the progress especially over last few weeks. Apparently Parkside Gardens is now at "Final Fix" stage.

• Advertisement

Hi all, just heard back from John that "it is still the intention to move in by December" but they can't confirm that this will happen as they're waiting on ESB.

I got an email from Cairn stating:

1. Parkside Gardens is currently at final fix stage, which means they are close to painting & pre-snagging

2. Snag expected to take place in the coming weeks. They can't confirm snagging date as they are reliant on external bodies connection gas & electricity supplies.

Does this differ to the info you got lcarrol3? Also - I thought it was 100% electricity? There was no gas.

I got an email from Cairn stating:

1. Parkside Gardens is currently at final fix stage, which means they are close to painting & pre-snagging

2. Snag expected to take place in the coming weeks. They can't confirm snagging date as they are reliant on external bodies connection gas & electricity supplies.

Does this differ to the info you got lcarrol3? Also - I thought it was 100% electricity? There was no gas.

Nope this is exactly what I got yesterday! Only additional info I got was that they hoped to get us in for December but couldn't confirm.

Yeah I thought this too? Seems a bit weird to have a gas connection? Unless it's a mix up somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Valresnick

Anyone know the story behind that derelict house in between Parkside and Fr Collins park ?

Nope this is exactly what I got yesterday! Only additional info I got was that they hoped to get us in for December but couldn't confirm.

Yeah I thought this too? Seems a bit weird to have a gas connection? Unless it's a mix up somewhere.

Very odd indeed. Judging by the email I got which seems to be the same as yours I am resigning to not being in the house this side of XMAS but let's keep each other posted. Given lockdown it was definitely optimistic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 thepolymath

Disappointing to see that Snagging dates being pushed out and the uncertainty around it. We are on Walker Green and have heard nothing from Cairn. It seems move-in for us will be pushed out after Christmas.

In addition, we are just wondering if anyone has requested below to Cairn:-

1) Not to add the Skirting board so that Flooring can be done without any issues

2) Any other changes, such as a refrigerator with a different configuration or any other extras?

Disappointing to see that Snagging dates being pushed out and the uncertainty around it. We are on Walker Green and have heard nothing from Cairn. It seems move-in for us will be pushed out after Christmas.

1) Not to add the Skirting board so that Flooring can be done without any issues

2) Any other changes, such as a refrigerator with a different configuration or any other extras?

I requested some changes (not the above two) and they wouldn't budge on anything. I'd be interested if anyone else got them to change things.

I requested some changes (not the above two) and they wouldn't budge on anything. I'd be interested if anyone else got them to change things.

Ok, thanks for the reply. Did you contact Cairn directly or went through EA?

The context of my query is that in the Building Agreement there is a clause which states if we request to make changes and if there are cost implications then we will have to pay for the additional cost.

Naturally, this implied that Cairn is willing to accept requests for changes. Furthermore, our Solicitor asked us to discuss this with the Cairn to see if they are taking/accepting requests.

Interesting. I didn't discuss with my solicitor.

I asked EA if I could pay extra for tilers that were doing the bathroom to put tiles in kitchen downstairs and a few other bits and she said it was not possible. I didn't ask Cairn.

I know a friend of mine had issues with the skirting boards so following up with her on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭gabria

Valresnick wrote: »
    Anyone know the story behind that derelict house in between Parkside and Fr Collins park ?

Hi I'm a resident of Parkside, story about the plot with the derelict house is quite interesting. Cairns tried to buy it off the owner around 2016/2017 when they were planning the second phase building but they failed and proceeded to build the second phase which included Parkside Heath facing onto the corner. Other developers made their bids for the plot and it is Dwyer Nolans who now own the plot. Look out for a planning permission sign on the fence there. They are applying for extra apartments to be added to an already approved planning permission for a multistorey apartment building (similar to size of the Vesta apartments nearby). That will be one prospect of a view-blocking monstrosity that the Heath residents do not like one bit.

Valresnick wrote: »

If you are talking about the triangular space between Parkside and Hole in the wall road (Father Collins) park then FYI a planning application has been approved to build apartments in the space. Refer snapshot.

Search for Planning Application Reference: 2295/19 in DCC website for more details

I asked Judy about the skirtings and she replied and I quote:

"This is no problem. Cairn will just tack the skirting boards throughout as standard for this purpose."

But I heard from friends that it is an issue and there's a risk of damaging the boards when removing them to lay the floors. I don't know what to do!

Also it might be too late since the houses are basically ready waiting for water connections and the like.

They also wouldn't change anything for us - I wanted induction instead of an electric hob and no joy!

I am also anticipating after Christmas for move in which is a pity. But I suppose to be expected!

Yes @bengtrj this is what I got about floors too which is frustrating. Suppose we'll have to wait and see at the snag how secure "tacked on" is!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Ovenumo

Hey everyone, a bit of good news - I just got a call from Cairn. We are in for snagging on Monday. Walker Green :) keep your phones on and hopefully you guys are next!

Ovenumo wrote: »
    Hey everyone, a bit of good news - I just got a call from Cairn. We are in for snagging on Monday. Walker Green :) keep your phones on and hopefully you guys are next!

Ditto for Parkside Gardens. Just got the call too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Ovenumo

Great news!! I’m delighted.. couldn’t believe it I was expecting it to drag on for a couple of weeks.

This is brilliant news. I missed an unknown call close to 4 PM possibly from Cairn. Anyway, this is completely unexpected and to be honest, we are not even prepared for snagging.

Quick help needed in terms of a recommendation for snagging? Can you guys please recommend someone?

Also got the call to snag today. We're going Friday afternoon so very excited!

@thepolymath I have gotten a recommendation for a snagger - will PM you. Obviously not sure if he's any good but will let you know Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jezzaw

That's amazing news! Any idea which blocks are ready to be snagged on Walker Green (mine is 16-20 and my contracts are still being exchanged)? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭mr_fruitbowl

Great to hear all the news. Does anyone have any recommendations for company for snag list?

@mr_fruitbowl I got a recommendation from a friend I can send you. Like I said to @thepolymath though, won't know if he's good until tomorrow afternoon! :pac: I'll pm you.

@mr_fruitbowl I got a recommendation from a friend I can send you. Like I said to @thepolymath though, won't know if he's good until tomorrow afternoon! :pac: I'll pm you.

I'm also interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭BEdS_83

quick question about the mco document, it reads that I can't have any storage unit, shed or similar structure on the front drive of the house, but my house is a mid-terrace, and Judy told me that it will be a storage unit for the bins.

did anyway have that issue as well? Do MCO wants us to bring the bins inside the house every week? :S

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭brisan

BEdS_83 wrote: »
    quick question about the mco document, it reads that I can't have any storage unit, shed or similar structure on the front drive of the house, but my house is a mid-terrace, and Judy told me that it will be a storage unit for the bins.

did anyway have that issue as well? Do MCO wants us to bring the bins inside the house every week? :S

Either that or just leave the bins unsecured outside the front door.
    A lot of estates have this rule now ,same with satellite dishes to the front or side of your house

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭BEdS_83

brisan wrote: »
    Either that or just leave the bins unsecured outside the front door.
    A lot of estates have this rule now ,same with satellite dishes to the front or side of your house

you can't leave them outside either, they say something about a provided area, but I don't remember seeing that.

found that so strange, because I did ask Judy about that and she told me that the house could have that, I already emailed her, but just came here to see if anyone else saw that too.

Advertisement