Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Leaf

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭harderthanf

Yeah, it is a good buy. I suppose I am thinking about it's resale value in 5-10 years !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭jasonb

Well, I just bit the bullet and ordered a new L40 SVE, will hopefully have it in January. I was conscious about the CHAdeMO as well, but while I do see that eventually phasing out, I'd be surprised if it happens quickly enough to affect the resale value of the car, especially here in Ireland. And I very rarely use a public charger as well, so it won't really affect me while I do have the car. 0% finance was huge for me, I wouldn't be getting a new car without it.

Mind me asking what sort of price are they asking? Maybe it’s covered elsewhere on the thread?

I’m seeing 28145 online - is this accurate?

Yep, €28,145 is the price for the base level L40 XE on line, but that's not including delivery charges and extras etc.

For example, I've getting the L40 SVE (I love my gadgets) and the price online for that is €33,350. However, one place quoted me €35,748. That included delivery charges, SupaGard, Metallic Paint and extended warranty. I could be wrong, but I believe the cheapest you can get an L40 SVE for, if you don't go for any of the options, and solid paint, is about €34,250. so it's around €1,000 for "delivery charges" from what I can see.

I have a quote for the 40Kw SVE @ €35,150. I am trading in ( my 181 520d MSport 😥 ) so I guess they'll move up and down to accommodate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,675 ✭✭✭whippet

I picked up my new SVE 40 in March for a total of €24595 which included a trade in of a 11 year old Skoda superb with almost 450,000km on the clock and sounding rough as hell (so the real value of the skoda was nothing)

so it sounds like pricing has increased !

I think everything has increased. I was looking to trade in in January of this year. Since then the value of my trade in has gone up almost €12,000. I actually thought the Nissan dealer mad a massive mistake when he offered me €8,500 more on it. Turns out, Nissan offered me the lowest so far. I actually can't believe it.

I think the 0% has enticed them to increase their price too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭podge3

Prices vary hugely from dealer to dealer. My local fella offered me €2.5k less on my trade-in against a new 64kwh than several other garages and I've been dealing with him for years. I'm probably going for an e-Niro now, however, for the extra range over the Leaf.

One Nissan Dealer offered me €2,000 less for my old Leafe than another Nissan Dealer 20mins away, so it does pay to ask around, even among dealers!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,675 ✭✭✭whippet

absolutely and that goes for all brands.

When I was buying a BMW PHEV last year the cost to change from three BMW dealers varied massively (a spread of €6k in total) .. I was trading in a 3 year old Kodiaq Diesel at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,355 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Since we are now in the colder weather, a question popped into my head yesterday as I was pre-heating.

2014 Leaf.

I assume when you use the heated seats and steering wheel, it uses the 12v battery?

So when I have car plugged in to the charger, and I leave the heated seats/steering wheel on, and set remote heating to start, does the 20min or so when its pre-heating still use the 12v battery, or the electricity supply?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,111 ✭✭✭✭KCross

My recollection is that the remote preheating runs the PTC heater whether you like it or not, so regardless the 12v will be used and then topped up by the HV battery which in turn will be topped up by the electricity supply.

I was just wondering if I'm killing my 12v battery by pre-heating my seats and steering wheel.

Should I just stick to pre-heating the cabin?

No, the HV battery will keep the 12v topped up while preheating, so no issue there.

Good to know, I can have the heating on longer now before I leave work on those frosty mornings!

I just did the same. I was going to opt for e-niro but for the mileage I do (< 60Km a week!) the cost was just too much. I was told there was no chance I'd have it in January though so I guess I am further down the list. I went for the SVE L40 too.

Nice one, hope you're not waiting too long!

I also hope I'm not waiting too long, I'm not exactly convinced that the January date is rock solid. Not anything that this particular salesman did or said, just a general feeling that a lot of places do anything to get the sale, and then I could be left waiting. We'll see!

I do think if it's in your budget then the SVE is the way to go, might as well has as many gadgets and as much comfort as possible! :)

What sort of price is a new SVE L40 going for these days? (PM price if you don't want to post here)

I'm into mine for €35,150. However, I got a large value on my trade in so I guess that RRP was increased a little to offset some of the "amazing" value on the trade in. What I mean is, he could have given it to me for €33,000 (let's say) but dropped €2k off my trade in. They never lose money these lads!!! 😁

Yep, I reckon the cheapest price you can get a L40 SVE for (not including any trade in etc.) is about €34,250 give or take.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

You's won't be disappointed with the SVE though, it has all the gadgets and especially the led headlights - even though not matrix they are still very good.

Yep, the LED Lights are one of the reasons why I wanted SVE alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭wush06

Morning all my head unit on my 201 leaf seems to be stuck. It has been like this the last few days,I have tried factory reset and no joy. I have emailed Nissan and waiting on a reply just wondering has it happened to anyone else and is there an easy fix.

Also the likes of the weather app and finding charger stations won’t open and the compass on the screen in front of me is just stuck at north no matter what direction I am driving.

see attached

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

Try disconnect the 12v battery and leave it for half an hour, then connect it back up.

It might help. Doubtful but worth a shot.

Well got the car back and was told the whole unit has to be replaced. They said they never came across it before so new unit ordered and will ring me when they have it to to the job never gave a time frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭obi604

2014 Gen 2 leaf here.

Question: Is the Nissan Leaf range/battery directly affected by cold weather?

OR

is is just the fact that in cold weather you have to use the heater etc so this is solely why the range is less?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭obi604

Ah ok.

so with no heater on and wind the same etc

you would get more range from the car on a day with 20 degrees versus 5 degrees, purely based on the colder weather

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭the 12 th man

In my experience the drop in range on a really cold winter day of 3 degrees or under is about 20-30% because of heater,demister,wipers,lights etc usage.

Advertisement