Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Leaf

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,355 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Amazing how so many dealers haven't a clue about EVs, still.

Claiming it could do 144km, is laughable. It probably struggled to do 144km when it left the Nissan factory.

I have a 2014 Tekna 24kw. 110,000 down 1 bar, and it is managing 100km now. On a warm day with no rain or wind, it might get maybe 105km, but when you allow for Irish weather I would never say it could get above 100km.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

• Registered Users Posts: 7,675 ✭✭✭whippet

My Leaf40 yesterday morning showed 270km on 100% - it was preconditions. Drove the 66km to the office and the range was showing as 221km when I arrived. I had ac on for the journey - drove like a granny and the M50 was horrendous so crawled along.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

If there were some things i could change:

-footpedal brake. Easy potential to accidentally treat as a clutch. Especially if you drive manual car also.

-Direction knob. Intuitively we assume "forward" position might bring you......forward. No, they have it inverted. Also, if it required an extrs step, such as a lift to engage it in reverse, that would help against accidental incorrect direction choice..

-Reverse mode. A beeper would be nice once knob engaged in reverse mode, as with above knob direction issue, a risk.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,578 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Anyone recent leaf buying experience new? Dealer new price is exactly 2k more than RRP listed on website. Seems pretty steep, only add on is metallic paint at 700. So 1300 delivery and related charges?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭glen123

I am considering getting a second hand Leaf (never had EV before).

Is there any point in looking to import it from the UK these days? I understand that no VRT will be payable, but what about VAT?

Ideally I'd like Nissan Leaf 30 kWh model as I may have to drive 85km round trip twice a week (but have a charging point in work's car park - not sure if it's free or not, need to check that bit). The rest of the daily usage would be anything between 20km and 70km max. I'll have access to 2nd (petrol car), just in case, for anything 100km+ but trips like these are rare. I was looking at 24 kWh models too that still do just over 100km but worried it won't be able to cope with 85km round trip pretty soon after I buy it.

Any advice is much appreciated.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,875 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Forget about UK, NI is still okay though if registered before this year, 30kWh would be perfect for what you outline

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,114 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Does anyone know where the 24kWh Acenta fits on the XE/SV/SVE scale? Trying to get an idea of how much my wife's Leaf is worth, pretty sure she can sell it for a profit at the moment

I should mention it's the 2016 model

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭jprboy

Is Tekna worth the extra money if one doesn't care about leather seats, alloys etc?

Would this be a guide price for this battery size and year? (in case ad goes down, 2017 Acenta 30kwh, 68k km, 92%battery health with 12bars - 12,950eur)

Thanks

• Advertisement

Looks decent pricing, I sold our 2016 L30 Acenta model for €12k asking earlier this yr

For that mileage you could do it in a 24kw model. Might help widen your search a bit.

My commute to work is approx 80km round trip, and I could do it without charging at work if I had to. And my car has lost 1 bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Picked up a 24kw Acenta Leaf tonight.

61k KM

12 bars on battery.

€8300

all cables included. Will run it through leafspy tomorrow but pretty happy with the purchase.

I seen lower spec models with almost triple the mileage for similar price.

Congrats, well wear.

Unfortunately the OBDII device I bought is rubbish so sending it back to amazon.

What’s the cheapest OBD option for running leafspy does anyone know?

I got an ELM327 device and it doesn’t work for me. Connects via Bluetooth but device wont connect to car ECU.

Device I bought below

Post edited by Bigmac1euro on

The one i got works on iphone only as is LE bluetooth.

Leafspy on apple is pro version only at €20.

Just so you know. It works fine though.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0755N61PW?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_image

Has anyone had issues with nissans/electric Ireland’s free charger offer? Instead of getting offered an EO free charger, we are being offered at minimum 650 cost from a different supplier altogether that Nissan sent our details too instead of electric Ireland. Sharp practise or an out of date offer on both Nissan and EI sites?

https://www.electricireland.ie/green-energy-deal

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭the 12 th man

Did you abide by the terms?

Free Home Charger*:

Free Charger is supplied by Electric Ireland for customers who sign up to a 24-month contract on the Green Electricity Tariff with Direct Debit and Online billing.

To avail of the offer customer must qualify for €600 SEAI home charger grant.

Sorry can you explain this one, all the apps or the Nissan apps? Which app did you start over again with Nissan connect services? Qe have a new leaf and the Nissan connect services app says that the vin is wrong. No more help than that, it even scans the VIN itself then says it’s wrong. Tried some of the advice around but mostly seems to be aimed at the years of issues, not new cars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭Damien360

I’m not a leaf owner but had a similar issue with the VIN number in my Seat. Issue was O vs 0. Scanning it wouldn’t work. Manually enter the number. Mine was xxABC01234. If it’s a zero, change it to a O, and try again. Hope that works for you.

Thanks, yes there is a 0 in their alright but it’s their first faq to make sure you use the number not the letter. Anyhow have tried it over and over with both variations.

What terms could we abide by when Nissan are supposed to send your details to Electric Ireland to get the ball rolling but instead they sent them to some other company charging full whack and more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭cannco253

New version of the NissanConnect EV app v3.6.1 on iOS, released last week.

Got a message today on the app saying older versions are no longer supported. Must be the fix relating to the recent iOS 15 issues.

So I am now a proud owner of my first EV, Nissan Leaf 30 kWh, absolutely delighted with it (even though the first 15min of driving automatic for the first time in my life felt like I was doing my first driving lesson)). Thanks to loads of information in this thread it was an easy decision to make.

Have a question, however, if anybody could help, please. The 80% charging....If I drive it every single day for at least 40-50km, how important is it to charge it to only 80%? Or do I only need to do that when I don't drive at all to make sure when unused, it sits at no more than 80%?

Also, does the 80% cut off exists in 2017 Leafs or would I have to simply schedule charging for a certain number of hours depending on the current charge status of the battery? Thanks!

The 80% cut off does not exist on the 30kWh Leaf, feel free to charge past 90% as long as you do not leave it idle for a few days

What battery capacity sizes are recommended to 80%?

Any tips on driving Leaf in cold weather? What's the best way of using heating controls to maximise the range?

I was reading that leaving climate control on Auto is better than manually turning Heat on and off now and again.

So far was able to get 123km out of 30kwh Leaf, 40% of it driven in very bad rain with heating on.

anything abnormal about my leaf battery ?

I finally got it working with leafspy,

will get full version shortly. I notice lots of red lines together why is that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

Hi do a full charge to 100% and keep it plugged in for another hour or so to allow bms to balance cells then take a look at the mv graph, all will be blue and this will tell you the state of the cells - the lower difference the better.

Advertisement