Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 euro setanta is back !

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

price690 wrote: »
    ive got the eircom tv package, sky sports and movies.

I don't have the Setanta/BT though. How much is it to sign up? Are there any deals to be had if i was to haggle?

with eir at the moment there is a two month free setanta bt sport pack. offers end 31/12/15

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

So you're saying its free to eir?

So you're saying its free to eir?

Technically not FTA. There is an offer of two months free, after that you are billed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭price690

kooga wrote: »
    Technically not FTA. There is an offer of two months free, after that you are billed.

You have to commit to a contract before you get your trial ?

Surely thats just 2 months free on a 12 month contract rather than a 2 month trial? A trial infers you try out the service before committing to something longer term

price690 wrote: »
    You have to commit to a contract before you get your trial ?

Surely thats just 2 months free on a 12 month contract rather than a 2 month trial? A trial infers you try out the service before committing to something longer term

best bet would be to ring them, my understanding is that its a no obligation free two months, plus you don't have to give 30 days notice. So if you get it today ring back in two months and they will switch it off there and then. or if you are happy with it the service will continue and you will be billed accordingly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Bastards don't answer the phone when you try to cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,861 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Bastards don't answer the phone when you try to cancel.
    You dont have to call them to cancel, just email them.... setantacsire@setanta.mgtplc.com

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭paddy cork

Just rang up there to continue my 2 monthly 12.99 rate and the lowest I was offered going forward was 16.99 . Any other experiences, what is the going rate?

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

paddy cork wrote: »
    Just rang up there to continue my 2 monthly 12.99 rate and the lowest I was offered going forward was 16.99 . Any other experiences, what is the going rate?

got the same price myself 2days ago dont think there budging one price at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,141 ✭✭✭✭km79

paddy cork wrote: »

I'll be cancelling next month so
    sky will as always have the important games from April on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

johnf26 wrote: »
    got the same price myself 2days ago dont think there budging one price at the moment.

They probably won't be doing any deals at the minute with the Mcgregor fight coming up next month. They'll want as many full subscriptions as possible

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

I cancelled my subscription 1 month ago, was on the 9.99 a month offer for about 9 months.
    Normally I would get a call a couple of days before the viewing would be cut off offering me a deal. Nothing came.
    So my viewing is now gone, I mailed them to see if any offer, replied back with no offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

They probably won't be doing any deals at the minute with the Mcgregor fight coming up next month. They'll want as many full subscriptions as possible

Its a bit of a stupid business model given how easy it is to stream it. Would be wiser to try and maintain their current customer base instead of losing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭mjp

Anyone get any offer from Virgin Media(UPC) when they go to cancel? Paying €20 a month and rarely use the service and thinking I will cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

mjp wrote: »
    Anyone get any offer from Virgin Media(UPC) when they go to cancel? Paying €20 a month and rarely use the service and thinking I will cancel.

I got BT/Setanta free for 2 months (I wont keep it on past that) when I recently signed up for another 1 yr TV/Bband/Phone contract

Yeah just got offered 2 months at 16.99 each as well
    Won't be renewing

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

km79 wrote: »
    Yeah just got offered 2 months at 16.99 each as well
    Won't be renewing

i only renewed it for the McGregor fight,if you had to buy the pay per view pass on ufc would be costing 20e just for the fight so 16.99 aint to bad for a month of viewing if ya look at it like that.

johnf26 wrote: »
    i only renewed it for the McGregor fight,if you had to buy the pay per view pass on ufc would be costing 20e just for the fight so 16.99 aint to bad for a month of viewing if ya look at it like that.

Not if I don't watch UFC :D
    Only have it for the soccer and there is an international break after I get cut off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

I've been getting the €12.99 per month for about a year now.

Got a bill for €25 so I cancelled and they only offered the €16.99 X 2 month deal or €200 for the year. So I won't be going back.

For the UFC just don't look at your phone and get it online the next morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭bungaro79

got the same offer of 16.99 after being on 12.99 for ages. told them i'm off to sky so we'll see if they come back with anything. with the ufc on 3e a day later and the 3pm saturday games are gone now from next season too i won't be paying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

I was paying 12.99 for the last while.

Rang to cancel the other day and she offered me 16.99.
    I said no thanks and she came back and offered me 9.99 for one month.

Maybe play hard ball and see what they say?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

bungaro79 wrote: »
    got the same offer of 16.99 after being on 12.99 for ages. told them i'm off to sky so we'll see if they come back with anything. with the ufc on 3e a day later and the 3pm saturday games are gone now from next season too i won't be paying

Was the €1 only available as a once off to new customers, did anyone ever get it again?

What's this about 3pm games gone? are they going to sky, i can only assume they're only gonna show in Irl only?

Was the €1 only available as a once off to new customers, did anyone ever get it again?

What's this about 3pm games gone? are they going to sky, i can only assume they're only gonna show in Irl only?

Yeah, Setanta/BT will lose a lot of customers. Sky will have up to 6 premier league matches a week, I think. The Setanta sports pack will be down to 1.

I recently spoke to Setanta when cancelling, and they really couldn't give me any decent reason to stay. I said I watched football and F1, but had gone off F1 the last couple of seasons. They couldn't even say if they will have F1, and it starts next month....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,886 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

For the UFC just don't look at your phone and get it online the next morning.

Or you could just stream it live

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Just received an email there from Setanta offering €14.99 for 2 months. Online signup, use promo code "UFC!"

Just received an email there from Setanta offering €14.99 for 2 months. Online signup, use promo code "UFC!"

The mail I got offered it for 19.99 for month 1, minimum contract 2 months .Second month charged at full price of 25 euro,so effectively 40 euro for 2 months.
    Or am I mistaken?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

andrew1977 wrote: »
    The mail I got offered it for 19.99 for month 1, minimum contract 2 months .Second month charged at full price of 25 euro,so effectively 40 euro for 2 months.
    Or am I mistaken?

Still a blooming rip-off.

Still a blooming rip-off.

I agree, I had it for 9.99 a month for ages, got it cut off couple of weeks back after they wanted to increase my subscription.
    No thank you setanta.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

I was paying 12.99 a month for last 8 months, used to call up to cancel every 2 months and get same deal extended

Called at beginning off February to cancel and instead off extending the deal at 12.99 they said it wasn't available so would only offer 19.99, so cancelled

Then this morning I get a call from them, 3 weeks after my call to cancel where they offered me 9.99 for 2 months

• Advertisement

I was paying 12.99 a month for last 8 months, used to call up to cancel every 2 months and get same deal extended

Called at beginning off February to cancel and instead off extending the deal at 12.99 they said it wasn't available so would only offer 19.99, so cancelled

Then this morning I get a call from them, 3 weeks after my call to cancel where they offered me 9.99 for 2 months

interesting
    I cancelled 2 weeks ago
    I'd take 9.99 to get me to end of season

Advertisement