Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 euro setanta is back !

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭thegeezer

Just called UPC and got 20% discount on SkySports for 12 months for being valued customer !!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,895 ✭✭✭✭muffler

thegeezer wrote: »
    Just called UPC and got 20% discount on SkySports for 12 months for being valued customer !!
    Thats great....but what has it got to do with Setanta?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

Tried sending them an email this morning to see what they'd offer. No reply - are normally fairly slow!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

Tried sending them an email this morning to see what they'd offer. No reply - are normally fairly slow!
    You will have a reply by the morning should get 9.99 pm x 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

"We are delighted you wish to remain with us and I can confirm that you are currently on a reduced price offer of €12.99 for August and September. From October your service will return to the normal price of €25 per month.

Regrettably, the €9.99 offer is open to new and reistating customers only, it is not available to existing customers."

.... Am I being lied to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

i think they have you..............when is your next billing date?

If i read your post correctly you should of rung them before the end of august before your sub was taken. even if you ring now to cancel you will be charged €25.

sorry about the bad news

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

matrixf wrote: »
    Has anybody

maybe delete that comment? if anyone from setanta is reading here it's hardly worth drawing their attention to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

matrixf wrote: »
    Has anybody that signed up to the €99 for the year had it cut off yet, got mine on 2nd of December last year and it's still on

I'm same boat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

watch you've not been billed for another year at full whack abouts 250 for the year

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

Not possible. I paid without any contract last year and have different credit card now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭matrixf

GY A1 wrote: »
    watch you've not been billed for another year at full whack abouts 250 for the year

Paid with a now expired credit card so can't be billed again lol, I have signed up on a different sky viewing card for the €129 offer thinking the other offer was due to be disconnected wish I waited now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

There may be a delay in all admin type things now with Setanta having been sold to Eir.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,985 ✭✭✭cena

Now with sentanta sold to eir {eircom} I wonder what well they do with the bt channels

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

cena wrote: »
    Now with sentanta sold to eir {eircom} I wonder what well they do with the bt channels

No reason for the deal with BT to end as far as I can see!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

cena wrote: »

The Irish rights for the BT channels have been included in the sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I recently re-subscribed for the year, they called me up and offered it for €129 for 12 months, which I think is a grand deal. I also asked for it in a second room, and they said it would be an additional €3. I didn't have my card info on me so they called back a few days later and gave me the multiroom for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

The purchase of Setanta by Eir will require regulatory approval, so there won't be any changes for the time being. Like the takeover of O2 by Three, you're looking at a few months before anything substantial happens.

Billing and offers won't change.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭skydish79

The purchase of Setanta by Eir will require regulatory approval, so there won't be any changes for the time being. Like the takeover of O2 by Three, you're looking at a few months before anything substantial happens.

Billing and offers won't change.

Yeah I read it could be March before full approval

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭badker

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I recently re-subscribed for the year, they called me up and offered it for €129 for 12 months, which I think is a grand deal. I also asked for it in a second room, and they said it would be an additional €3. I didn't have my card info on me so they called back a few days later and gave me the multiroom for free.

Why the price hike? losing the 3pm kick offs to sky next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

Jesus what kinda prices can we expect once the eir takeover is sorted :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

Is it okay to get the Setanta Sports pack on a Sky box that has no Sky subscription, does anyone know?

And will their Web player work?

They don't really say on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

yes you can get a setanta sub on its own without sky
    not sure about the setanta go thing

Is it okay to get the Setanta Sports pack on a Sky box that has no Sky subscription, does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

badker wrote: »
    Why the price hike? losing the 3pm kick offs to sky next season.

I didn't know that, for how long? Has sky ever had the 3pm KO before?

Afaik, eircom had setanta (sat 3pm KO) a long time ago on their webplayer,
    As it was handy then, when it was on setanta ireland before shifting to setanta 1 :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭A Law

I tried to register with setantago except it said my sky number was invalid. Pretty sure it wasn't

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

I tried to register with setantago except it said my sky number was invalid. Pretty sure it wasn't

Where did you register? i only found this link & shows line up, although is it open to new customers only?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Same happen to me and I emailed them. They answered a completely different question and I am none the wiser !

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭badker

I didn't know that, for how long? Has sky ever had the 3pm KO before?

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/english-soccer/sky-sports-to-broadcast-live-3pm-premier-league-games-in-ireland-1.2426995

Also there is no setanta version of sky go in Ireland. It is available in UK but hasn't been rolled out here yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

Their twitter account said it is rolled out here and gave this link for the Beta version of the player (desktop only). If it works for anyone, please post.
    https://t.co/pv83O3fCbT

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭A Law

Where did you register? i only found this link & shows line up, although is it open to new customers only?
    https://www.setantago.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭price690

ive got the eircom tv package, sky sports and movies.

I don't have the Setanta/BT though. How much is it to sign up? Are there any deals to be had if i was to haggle?

Advertisement