Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 euro setanta is back !

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SeanyMc22

Signed up to Setanta through UPC today. First two months for free €21 thereafter but you can cancel any time once you have the service for 30 days. So cancel after the first month and you'll only be charged UPC's €10 downgrade fee. 5er a month, not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭triple nipple

Can you get it HD on UPC ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭Sono

SeanyMc22 wrote: »
    Signed up to Setanta through UPC today. First two months for free €21 thereafter but you can cancel any time once you have the service for 30 days. So cancel after the first month and you'll only be charged UPC's €10 downgrade fee. 5er a month, not bad.

Surely it's €21 plus €10 cancellation for the first 3 months then no?

Sono wrote: »
    Surely it's €21 plus €10 cancellation for the first 3 months then no?

I asked them and they said once you have the service for 30days you can cancel anytime. I asked them if there was a notice period and they just said "you can cancel anytime".

HD channels come with the package.

I saved the chat transcript so should be no problems cancelling without being charged the €21

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭TheRedDevil10

SeanyMc22 wrote: »

Just signed up aswell, If you cancel after first month, are you sure it doesn't get cut off immediately ?

• Advertisement

Just signed up aswell, If you cancel after first month, are you sure it doesn't get cut off immediately ?

Nice one, just in time for 2moros match. it took about an hour for the signal to come through after signing up online. It might get cut off immediately but I'll be getting as long as possible out of it since I have it in writing there's no cancellation period after 30days, only the tenner downgrade fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

I upgraded my upc package online to setanta due to this deal I.e free for two months 21 after that ! I presume there will be no issue with getting this deal considering I self served myself ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Does anyone know if you can get the €1 offer for the first month even if you're not a new customer ? I'm on an old €9.99 for 2 months offer that we used when we got the new sky box and new viewing card, and it's after cancelling today

If I cancel would I be able to get the €1 offer? Or would using new card details but the same sky viewing card work

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

i would imagine it would but as it is a two month contract minimum it will be €1 and €25 = €26 or €13 a month.

I am surprised they didn't ring you with a retention offer

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

kooga wrote: »
    i would imagine it would but as it is a two month contract minimum it will be €1 and €25 = €26 or €13 a month.

I am surprised they didn't ring you with a retention offer

yeah I was too. it's not worth the €25 a month for a regular sign up so hopefully i get a call in the next few days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jinkybhoy

Hi - I took the €1 month offer and then cancelled for the end of the 2 months. They emailed back offering me €16.99 for another 2 months but I declined. Left it a few weeks and the emailed saying I would renew for 2 months at 9.99 as I have seen it being offered. Email today giving it to me for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

jinkybhoy wrote: »
    Hi - I took the €1 month offer and then cancelled for the end of the 2 months. They emailed back offering me €16.99 for another 2 months but I declined. Left it a few weeks and the emailed saying I would renew for 2 months at 9.99 as I have seen it being offered. Email today giving it to me for that.

You've worked that well - well done!

I'm still on the 99 for one year deal - I think I'll let it go though - I'm not keen on BT, and I don't seem to watch it much.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭clerk

vienne86 wrote: »
    You've worked that well - well done!

I'm still on the 99 for one year deal - I think I'll let it go though - I'm not keen on BT, and I don't seem to watch it much.

yeah - I got that deal as well, in fairness it was a decent offer.

But as you say 2 of the channels seem to be all American sport - very little interest to me personally and whilst there are good European league matches ( but not Spanish ) on the other 2, frankly I don't have time to watch them.

So basically I have it for the 2 matches on Saturdays and the odd pro 12 match and even then I struggle to get the time to watch these with family commitments.

It was interesting to have it for the Year but to be honest l'll probably let it go even if they renewed the deal.

due to be cut off next week, no outbound call yet with a good retention offer!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 LaMoose

I'm on the €99 deal and I'm surprised how much I watch it. Football, basketball and UFC mostly.

I'll definitely be renewing but not at full price if I can help it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Doodah7

If you have a very narrow interest in sport such as soccer, golf and rugby and judge sports channels on this criterion then BT Sport/Setanta is not going to be for you. However I have huge interest in American sports particularly baseball and college football and therefore BT Sport is perfect for me. Given that I van watch the odd Premiership game and rugby too is an added bonus but by no means the reason I signed up.

I hope that they run some offer similar to the €99 one last year. I think that they would be foolish not to. Even for €129 or so for a year I would likely go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

I have the €99 deal but I think it's due to expire soon.

It's weird I have no correspondence from them throughout the year I haven't a clue when the year ends or whether they ever registered me as a customer.

I have the €99 deal but I think it's due to expire soon.

It's weird I have no correspondence from them throughout the year I haven't a clue when the year ends or whether they ever registered me as a customer.

I'd guess they hope you don't notice and then they automatically put you on the 21.99 per month?

I'd guess they hope you don't notice and then they automatically put you on the 21.99 per month?

worth putting in a call and check to see when you signed up, also what happens after the 12 month expires, will it roll on at full price and if you no longer want it must you give the 31 days notice.

just to confirm

how recently did they email you with 9.99 a month?
    tks

• Advertisement

just to confirm

how recently did they email you with 9.99 a month?
    tks

Today - I emailed them asking for the 9.99 offer - they offered it then -see post below for their response.

>>> "jinkybhoy> 15/09/2015 15:28 >>>
    Hi

I’ve seen people been offered 9.99 per month for 2 months – would consider renewing at this price.

Thanks

and in response this morning

Dear jinkybhoy,

Account reference: 2xxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting Setanta Sports.

As a valued customer we would like to offer you the opportunity of continuing your subscription with Setanta Sports at a reduced price offer of €9.99 per month for the next 2 months . This offer will commence from your next billing date 04/10/2015. After this period your service will revert to the original price unless you call or email at which point we would be more than happy to discuss your account again.

If you would like to take advantage of the above offer then please reply to this email.

worth putting in a call and check to see when you signed up, also what happens after the 12 month expires, will it roll on at full price and if you no longer want it must you give the 31 days notice.

I made a note of the date I signed up, and I think I have an email somewhere. A friend of mine signed up by phone - says he was told he would not have to cancel with a month's notice - that it would just die. Don't think I'll take the chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

No they can't do that it was a once off offer paid with Visa card

No they can't do that it was a once off offer paid with Visa card

You sure about this? It certainly sounds logical and I had never thought of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,861 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Setanta have an official Rep here on Boards - Setanta Sports: Niall

Looking at his profile it shows that he was last active in December 2014 however if he is using the site in "invisible mode" without posting then that's the date that would show in any event.

For any queries maybe bang off a PM to him in the off chance that he's still around in lurking mode :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

If you sign up for the 1 euro offer and select the 25 euro a month no contract offer. You need to stay with them for 2 months at a total cost of 26 euro? Is that correct? When would i need to call up to cancel so it does not go beyond the 2 months? Thanks.

back of the net!!

i emailed setanta and received this reply this morning

Dear Mr xxxx

Account reference:

Thank you for contacting Setanta Sports.

As a valued customer we would like to offer you the opportunity of continuing your subscription with Setanta Sports at a reduced price offer of €9 per month for the next 2 months . This offer will commence from your next billing date xx/xx/2015. After this period your service will revert to the original price unless you call or email at which point we would be more than happy to discuss your account again.

If you would like to take advantage of the above offer then please reply to this email.

current retention offer with setanta

UFC ON SETANTA PACK 2 MONTHS @ €9.99 PER MONTH!
    We notice that your subscription is up to be cancelled, we do't want you to miss out on all this great upcoming UFC action on the Setanta Sports Pack including Conor McGregor each week in The Ultimate Fighter, plus every Europa League and Champions League game.

Call us now on 0818 203040 and avail of this UFC only retention offer of your next 2 months at €9.99 per month.

Your account will automatically cancel should you not contact us

Sunday September 27 UFC FIGHT NIGHT
    Saturday October 3 UFC 192: CORMIER v GUSTAFSSON
    Saturday November 7 UFC FIGHT NIGHT: BELFORT v HENDERSON
    Saturday November 15 UFC 193: ROUSEY V HOLM / LAWLER v CONDIT
    Saturday November 21 UFC FIGHT NIGHT HENDERSON VS ALVES

Friday, December 11 THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER FINALE TEAM MCGREGOR VS TEAM FABER
    Saturday, December 12 UFC 194 ALDO VS MCGREGOR

• Advertisement

Got a call today just to confirm my 2 months sub. It's the only offer at the moment 2 months at 9.99. She told me to ring back in a month to seek what's on offer again

Advertisement