Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 euro setanta is back !

Options
  • 30-07-2015 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48,141 ✭✭✭✭

Jut got an email offering the setanta/BT pack for 1 euro !
    On the phone so have not looked into it properly but looks the same deal as before

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,141 ✭✭✭✭km79

km79 wrote: »
    Jut got an email offering the setanta/BT pack for 1 euro !
    On the phone so have not looked into it properly but looks the same deal as before

You should probably give the 30 day Cancellation when signing up though
    https://secure.setantasubs.com/?utm_source=Circulator&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=TRY%20SETANTA%20NOW%20FOR%20JUST%201

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭matrixf

Hopefully the offer for €100 for the year comes back too!

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

Good deal that for €1.pity its not like the Christmas one for 2 months.
    I am reading the terms right on this one that if you sign up for this then you have to sign for a minimum of 2 months so then the 2nd month is full price

Minimum Term: the minimum term during which you are obligated to first subscribe to the Service under this Contract according to the Option chosen by you.

a) 12 Month Minimum Term Contracts: the minimum term shall be a period of twelve (12) months from the date on which you first subscribe to the Service.
    b) Annual Packages: the minimum term shall be a period of twelve (12) months from the date on which you first subscribe to the Service
    c) Monthly Packages: the minimum term shall be a period of two (2) months from the date on which you first subscribe to the Service.

So if you sign up for the monthly HD deal of €25 a month then it will cost €26 for the 2 months

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

matrixf wrote: »
    Hopefully the offer for €100 for the year comes back too!

I think we're all hoping for this one.....in fact, I don't think I'll be interested in signing up again unless I can get something like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

I am currently on the €99. Other than a few UFC events, I have not used it much during summer. Will enjoy some football when it comes back though.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Just another reason to horribly regret my decision to move to upc last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭podge018

i'm paying €19 a month, how do I get the €100 a year deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

podge018 wrote: »

It doesn't currently exist.

Hopefully it will return one day.

2 x BT channels & ESPN in delicious HD, for €8 per month was a great deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Just another reason to horribly regret my decision to move to upc last year.

Well, this offer is just a con to get you to sign up for a minimum of 2 months, and afterwards get screwed at 21.99 a month minimum. Nothing that I would have any regrets about;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

No upc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭P_Cash

Well, this offer is just a con to get you to sign up for a minimum of 2 months, and afterwards get screwed at 21.99 a month minimum. Nothing that I would have any regrets about;)

Ah dude, cancel after 30 days, ull then be offered a 3 month deal.

The initial offer is one month 1€ the second at full price, so that's like avg 12 a month.
    Good deal to get them to keep u.

Remember all champions league games this season.

I'd take it for 12-15 per month Max.

They usually give u a 3 month deal.

podge018 wrote: »

It was a brilliant deal they brought out in November......for the Christmas present market, I presume. You had to pay the €99 up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,367 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Looks like BT have won La Liga rights so I can't see the €100 deal happening again with this and the CL now on it but if they keep it low I can see quiet alot of football fans jumping ship to Setanta.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jinkybhoy

Just reading the terms and conditions - Am I reading right and that an email cancelling it is now sufficient? Obviously the 30 days notice still applies but before when I got it you had to ring as far as I remember. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭P_Cash

jinkybhoy wrote: »
    Just reading the terms and conditions - Am I reading right and that an email cancelling it is now sufficient? Obviously the 30 days notice still applies but before when I got it you had to ring as far as I remember. Thanks

Ya u can cancel via email

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Can I order now, serve the 30 day cancellation notice this afternoon and only pay €1?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 hynsey

vienne86 wrote: »
    It was a brilliant deal they brought out in November......for the Christmas present market, I presume. You had to pay the €99 up front.

I got this offer last September, so I think it was primarily for the new football season?
    Have a reminder in my calendar to cancel before I'm signed up full price! :D

P_Cash wrote: »
    Ya u can cancel via email

Brilliant - thought that's what I was reading alright - I got it one xmas and i emailed and they replied saying I had to call..cheers!!

Looks like BT have won La Liga rights so I can't see the €100 deal happening again with this and the CL now on it but if they keep it low I can see quiet alot of football fans jumping ship to Setanta.

Just seen on Sky Sports News that Sky have won La Liga rights for the next 3 years

• Registered Users Posts: 81,445 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

hynsey wrote: »
    Just seen on Sky Sports News that Sky have won La Liga rights for the next 3 years

Looks like more live Saturday games...
    British broadcasters were given added incentive to invest in the Primera Division after the Spanish football league (LFP) announced last month that kick-offs for one of its Saturday afternoon slots - one recently used for El Clasico - would be moved to 5.15pm UK time solely to accommodate British viewers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,030 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

With evision it's 18 quid a month and first two months free. So 9 months of the football season for 126 quid.

I got this offer last September, so I think it was primarily for the new football season?
    Have a reminder in my calendar to cancel before I'm signed up full price! :D

I was under the impression that we didn't have to cancel - the service would just die at the end of 12 months.

You must have been one of the first to sign up, so let us know what happens when your 12 months comes to an end.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ieoin

min 2 month contract with 1 euro offer

vienne86 wrote: »
    I was under the impression that we didn't have to cancel - the service would just die at the end of 12 months.

You must have been one of the first to sign up, so let us know what happens when your 12 months comes to an end.

I just checked my confirmation email, and it said I'll be charged 21.99 per month after the trial period. I then checked their terms and conditions link https://secure.setantasubs.com/terms-and-conditions included in the email, and saw this:
    (a) Your Contract will automatically renew at the end of the Contract Term
    as follows:-
    a) 12 month Minimum Term Contracts: a further 12 month contract under which the price will revert to the standard monthly price at the time.
    b) Annual Package: a further upfront prepaid annual contract
    c) Monthly Package: a monthly contract at the standard monthly price at the time.

So I wouldn't be optimistic of it automatically ceasing. In my experience of Setanta they always auto-renew.

I just checked my confirmation email, and it said I'll be charged 21.99 per month after the trial period. I then checked their terms and conditions link https://secure.setantasubs.com/terms-and-conditions included in the email, and saw this:

So I wouldn't be optimistic of it automatically ceasing. In my experience of Setanta they always auto-renew.

as above - auto renew alright - That's my experience as well.

jinkybhoy wrote: »
    as above - auto renew alright - That's my experience as well.

Note in the calendar now!

When I signed up for the €99 deal for a year I was told it was a once off payment and would not renew.
    Service billed at €99 for one year. This is a one off payment, the service will be switched off and will not renew after this period. Offer available on satellite only. Offer not available for current customers. Full terms and conditions of the Setanta Sports service are available here.

http://www.setanta.com/ie/terms-and-conditions-99-offer/

When I signed up for the €99 deal for a year I was told it was a once off payment and would not renew.

http://www.setanta.com/ie/terms-and-conditions-99-offer/

That was my recollection and at the time, there was discussion here about this. I think I'll ring to cancel anyway, just to be safe.....may get an offter!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Question about Setanta/BT, signing up are you able to get live streams onto your laptop or is it tv only?

• Advertisement

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Question about Setanta/BT, signing up are you able to get live streams onto your laptop or is it tv only?

TV only.

Advertisement