Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Grand Tour [Amazon]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

It's fairly poor so far, the jokes are terrible, the fat yank doing the lap is terrible, Richard Hammond... terrible.
    It's hard to see where all the money that was supposedly spent on each episode was actually spent.
    Would agree with the poster above who mentioned May going through the archives, that was pretty good. Overall though the show needs to improve.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,218 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Beach buggies seem like fun. Episode was OK, fairly innocuous and not their finest. Shipwrecks looked amazing, as did the desert. May and Hammond looked knackered at the bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭irishchris

The Christmas special part one was brill. Nice to see them going back to the idea of special episodes at Christmas. Really enjoyed it and looking forward to part two tonight

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,218 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

The poor rhinos.

Part two was more on form as the roads shredded their cars. I bet the Namibian tourist board is pleased.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

It was the worst special they've ever done, turned off halfway through part 2.

• Advertisement

Really enjoyed this special especially the second part. One of the best from recent years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Funny the contrasting views. I thought the Christmas special was very good. Entertaining, funny and some spectacular shots.

Also the piece May did the previous week on the Le Mans battle between Ford and Ferrari was absolutely fantastic. He genuinely looked proud after it was shown and rightly so.

May seemed to enjoy the Honda and the Germans seemed up for being mocked a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

I can't watch another minute of this sh1t

LaVail wrote: »
    I can't watch another minute of this sh1t

Don't worry top gear will be back soon for you lol

I will miss this when it's finished, only three more episodes left sadly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

The James May piece on Ferrari and Ford was spectacular. I reckon they could have made it as a separate to GT documentary.

Something that is very underrated from Clarkson and May is that they are excellent Narrator's.

Enjoyed the Namibia trip more than I thought I would too. Countries Tourism boards must be Banging down the door for them to do a special in whichever country.

Too much studio padding. The coral thing was mostly a load of ****, though I did laugh a few times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Just reading that Hammond has had another crash, this time coming off a motorbike while filming the next GT series in Mozambique. The report is from the Daily Mail, so it's a bit hyper, but apparently he was knocked unconscious but recovered OK without going to hospital. This is not a guy who needs any more blows to the head ... :eek:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

And now Clarkson's laid up - in hospital with pneumonia (DM). This is while on holiday in Majorca, though, so no filming to be disrupted. Still, I would not be surprised if this is linked to overwork due to Hammond being laid up. Jeremy's still doing his Sunday Times column too, though not this week - his daughter sat in for him.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Season 2, from Dec 8th. Live and Let Die.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,810 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

What's their viewing rates like, got bored of it after a couple of episodes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

I only really still watch this is because you don't really have pay much attention to it cause it's just 3 lads having a bit of craic

• Advertisement

i must actually give it a go again, but i suspect i may have moved on. its a pity it went tits up on bbc, sounds like last seasons top gear wasnt too bad though?

Patww79 wrote: »

he drove me nuts

• Registered Users Posts: 13,306 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    i must actually give it a go again, but i suspect i may have moved on. its a pity it went tits up on bbc, sounds like last seasons top gear wasnt too bad though?

To say it was better than the previous series which had Chris Evans is the understatement of the century!

Season 2, from Dec 8th. Live and Let Die.

That trailer looks absolutely spot on. If they can keep all the studio footage to a minimum then Season 2 will be great. Celebrity brain crash, conversation street and the rest of the forced banter was absolutely rubbish in Season 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Endaaaagh

"The Americian" is no more.. Wonder who they'll get to replace him. Wasn't there a trailer back in season one where they went looking for a racing driver and found Ben Collins? Whatever happened to that?
    http://www.thedrive.com/sheetmetal/15861/the-grand-tour-axing-the-american-for-season-2

Endaaaagh wrote: »
    "The Americian" is no more.. Wonder who they'll get to replace him. Wasn't there a trailer back in season one where they went looking for a racing driver and found Ben Collins? Whatever happened to that?
    http://www.thedrive.com/sheetmetal/15861/the-grand-tour-axing-the-american-for-season-2

I had blanked 'The American' from my memory. That was a seriously shíte segment of the show. I'm delighted he's gone.

Celebrity brain crash is dead, hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

I downloaded the first 2 Grand tour episodes... either of them worth watching?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

I downloaded the first 2 Grand tour episodes... either of them worth watching?

Just one way to find out

Advertisement