Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Moto X Play and Style be on sale in Ireland?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Argos I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Argos I'd imagine.

And I think they only sell them in the Argos extra stores.

Best to look it up online check stock and reserve.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭fredotf2

thomasj wrote: »
    And I think they only sell them in the Argos extra stores.

Best to look it up online check stock and reserve.

Yeah just reserved one, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 cormacom95

Has anyone found a way of getting the style for a reasonable price yet? even if it has to be bought in the uk? When I say reasonable I mean around the €450 mark for 32gb

• Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭cython

cormacom95 wrote: »
    Has anyone found a way of getting the style for a reasonable price yet? even if it has to be bought in the uk? When I say reasonable I mean around the €450 mark for 32gb

Given the spec jump between the Play and the Style, and that 350 seems to be a good price for the former, I reckon you're dreaming if you think you're getting the 32GB Style for €450. Motorola in the UK are starting their pricing at £399, which is closer to €550.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,975 ✭✭✭Hitchens

what storage does the Moto X Play that Argos Ireland are selling have, can anyone say?

this is from their website:

Memory information:
    • 1600MB/8GB of internal memory.
    • 128 GB of expandable memory (memory card not included).
    • Type of memory card required: microSD.
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4473190/Trail/searchtext%3EMOTOROLA.htm

wtf does the line in red even mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ieoin

Argos do get the specs wrong on some phone from time to time

It is: 2gb ram 16gb on board storage, get around 11gb out of the box and then micro sd.

ieoin wrote: »
    Argos do get the specs wrong on some phone from time to time

It is: 2gb ram 16gb on board storage, get around 11gb out of the box and then micro sd.
    definitely NOT just 8GB then?

No they dont ship it in 8gb, that model doesnt even exist
    I bought one in argos its 16gb.

ieoin wrote: »
    No they dont ship it in 8gb, that model doesnt even exist
    I bought one in argos its 16gb.
    thanks for that my friend ;)

hopefully you're happy with your purchase

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

They seem to have a new, more powerful model announced today called the Moto X Force, which is essentially an international version of the Droid Turbo 2, announced yesterday, without all the Verizon bloatware.

The big selling point is that it has an unbreakable screen. (Also of note, it is a 5.4" QHD AMOLED like the first and second gen Moto X)

Endgadget says it will be £499 for 32GB and £534 for the 64GB in the UK

Most disappointing thing is that it ships with Lollipop 5.1.1 and not Marshmallow 6.0. Motorola are getting a lot of flak at the moment in the tech press for their much poorer updates since the Lenovo takeover. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 24 hu4rorZ

apparently the new one, the X Force, has Optical image stabilisation too. Bout 150 euro more than the Style tho :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

duridian wrote: »
    Been noticing something strange while browsing the German Amazon's Motorola shop.

Some of the devices are available to Ireland and some aren't.

For example 3rd Gen G, 2nd Gen E, X Style, Nexus 6 Blue in 32GB, and some of the 1st gen 360 are unavailable to Ireland.
    Others such as X Play, Nexus 6 in Blue 64GB and both sizes in White, 2nd Gen X, 2nd Gen G, 1st Gen E, most of the 1st Gen 360 seem to be available.

Kind of hard to figure out the reason. I wondered are they prioritising more in demand devices for their domestic market or something like that? But then there's the availability of X Play which would be popular and seemingly busts that theory.

Stuff that's available on Amazon Prime in Germany isn't available for International shipping.

E.G. I was buying a phone the other day and the white version was available with Prime (Not possible to ship to NP) the Black version is not on Prime and I could order that no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭irishgeo

anywhere to get the 32GB in ireland?

Is there any point of buying a screen protector? I have seen ones on aliexpress saying explosion proof etc

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭mambo

Is there anywhere in Dublin selling the Moto X Play (or even the Moto X Style) where one have a 'feel' and give it a test drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭mr170

mambo wrote: »
    Is there anywhere in Dublin selling the Moto X Play (or even the Moto X Style) where one have a 'feel' and give it a test drive?

Argos sell the Moto x play

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭mambo

mr170 wrote: »
    Argos sell the Moto x play

I know, but you can only buy it there I assume, not give it a test drive first?

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Soccarboy11

I gave up and got the nexus 6p instead and two oneplus x's for other members of my family :)

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭mr170

I gave up and got the nexus 6p instead and two oneplus x's for other members of my family :)

Nice I am thinking of getting the nexus 6p myself . Where did you ordered it from

• Advertisement

mr170 wrote: »
    Nice I am thinking of getting the nexus 6p myself . Where did you ordered it from

from the google store :)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭hungry4k

Have people gone cold on the Moto x play? I was going to get one from argos but interest levels here appear to have fallen away

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Skittle

I'm going for the Moto X Force myself. Santa's bringing it :D

What is the force? Spec/Price.

where do you get it from

the moto x play was just too low in specs for my liking ;/

What do you feel it lacks spec on?

If it was a bit cheaper would you recommend it?

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Skittle

hungry4k wrote: »
    What is the force? ...

"Well, the Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us; it binds the galaxy together."

Sorry couldn't resist!:D

I got it from Amazon.co.uk. The reason I went for it was that I liked the spec of the Style but I wanted the battery life of the Play.

Here's the specs for it:
    GSMArena Moto X Force

Besides, who could turn up an opportunity to say "I'm using the Force"...:D

hungry4k wrote: »
    What do you feel it lacks spec on?

If it was a bit cheaper would you recommend it?

Well... not really. Im a bit of a phone geek so :/ But I got the opx which has a higher processor and 1gb extra ram and better build (no flimsy buttons etc) for cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Chewabacca

Well... not really. Im a bit of a phone geek so :/ But I got the opx which has a higher processor and 1gb extra ram and better build (no flimsy buttons etc) for cheaper.

Got the moto X play for £199 on Black Friday. Haven't opened it yet, do you reckon I'll be better off returning it and getting an oneplus X? The camera on the Motorola is what sold me on it, but I read there isn't really much of a difference in picture quality.

• Advertisement

Chewabacca wrote: »
    Got the moto X play for £199 on Black Friday. Haven't opened it yet, do you reckon I'll be better off returning it and getting an oneplus X? The camera on the Motorola is what sold me on it, but I read there isn't really much of a difference in picture quality.

Well, Its up to you. The OPX Has better screen (1080p amoled) better build and a faster processor plus 1gb extra ram. But its up to you completly. Id recommend looking up comparisions on youtube as its all personal preference

Advertisement