Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Moto X Play and Style be on sale in Ireland?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Orange want me to send all sorts of scanned documents ffs, why can't I just buy the damn phone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Orange want me to send all sorts of scanned documents ffs, why can't I just buy the damn phone

Terrible company to deal with. I personally wouldn't send them anything. Buy elsewhere.

Techmaster wrote: »
    Terrible company to deal with. I personally wouldn't send them anything. Buy elsewhere.

Are expansys the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Are expansys the same?

Yes, Orange is run by Expansys. Absolutely stay away from them. Very poor, rude customer service and if something goes wrong, they will try their least to help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

The American version of Moto X Style, the Pure edition is getting some great reviews. I really hope they release the Style directly for sale here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Yep same with me, they wanted pics of card front and back and prof of address by way of utility bill within the last 4 months plus more... I sent a pic of a crap load of nuts and told them that a PayPal link would have sufficed. Never heard back from them... Wonder why.

god's toy wrote: »
    Yep same with me, they wanted pics of card front and back and prof of address by way of utility bill within the last 4 months plus more... I sent a pic of a crap load of nuts and told them that a PayPal link would have sufficed. Never heard back from them... Wonder why.

Ha ha, I bought it on Amazon for €30 cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 33,640 ✭✭✭✭listermint

god's toy wrote: »

had to deal with them before, tbf to them they have been burned vastly in the past on credit card fraud. where goods where sent and they were out of pocket.

Not that i am defending them at all, its the nature of the business but i think they are protecting themselves, not in the most ideal way from a consumer perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 IV1916

Still no signs of the Moto X Style being available directly to Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Moto X Play is £250 on amazon right now for the black version.
    The white version is £270

Anyone get one of these yet, or recommend the move from 1+1?
    Lollipop is a dog at times with 3gb ram on the 1+1, I'm not sure that I could get by with 2gb of ram in the Play :)

Any thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 SuperRobotWars

Hey guys, I'm thinking of picking up either the moto x play, the one plus one or the samsung galaxy S4. Any recommendations on where to buy any of these phones (Cheaply) and which one to get?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭bert911

Argos have stock of Sim Free Motorolla Moto X Play Phone for 349

• Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭emo72

bert911 wrote: »
    Argos have stock of Sim Free Motorolla Moto X Play Phone for 349

so it is. thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 hu4rorZ

anyone know if its possible to use the motomaker site and ship it to Parcel Motel?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

hu4rorZ wrote: »
    anyone know if its possible to use the motomaker site and ship it to Parcel Motel?

It certainly won't work. Tried different ways and spoke to them. Terms say no freight forwarders and the post code(s) are flagged.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 hu4rorZ

Berty wrote: »
    It certainly won't work. Tried different ways and spoke to them. Terms say no freight forwarders and the post code(s) are flagged.

Thanks for the info, appriciate it. Plan B so!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

hu4rorZ wrote: »
    Thanks for the info, appriciate it. Plan B so!

You can try it yourself. Within an hour I kept getting "your order is on hold". Tried BT36 4PE and 4PX but no go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Unfortunately the only hope for getting a Moto Maker custom build X or G at present is if someone living in UK or Germany can get it for you.

I dunno why they haven't extended this to Ireland. (Also dunno why they haven't in the past offered the X models here until now).Possibly they are being affected in some way by forces unseen to the public eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

For those of you willing to wait until Christmas or new year this might be worth a look. Combines both the x styles and x plays strengths!

http://m.gsmarena.com/moto_x_force_tipped_for_december_launch_to_carry_628_price_tag-news-13898.php

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Well I got the phone on Monday but only starting using properly yesterday as I said I'd wait for the nano sim.

On the phone itself, it's a nice size. I was a little worried thinking it might be a bit too big as it was roughly the same size as the iPhone 6 + but it's a bit wider therefore not as long so it's a lot easier on the eye.

On the software, haven't done anything major on it (then again that's why I bought it) but it's nice and responsive in comparison to my HTC One M7. I like how when you pick it up it has this notification screen that lights up and you can switch between whatever notifications you have.

Finally I decided I'd check how the battery would do on my standard days so I charged it yesterday until 7:30 and since then I've been using it normally, playing music and podcasts, check some tweets and using whatsapp. Right now it's down to 63% so the battery is looking good so I'm very happy with that.

Screenshot_2015_09_11_08_59_06.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭skodacb

tok9 wrote: »
    Well I got the phone on Monday but only starting using properly yesterday as I said I'd wait for the nano sim.

On the phone itself, it's a nice size. I was a little worried thinking it might be a bit too big as it was roughly the same size as the iPhone 6 + but it's a bit wider therefore not as long so it's a lot easier on the eye.

On the software, haven't done anything major on it (then again that's why I bought it) but it's nice and responsive in comparison to my HTC One M7. I like how when you pick it up it has this notification screen that lights up and you can switch between whatever notifications you have.

Finally I decided I'd check how the battery would do on my standard days so I charged it yesterday until 7:30 and since then I've been using it normally, playing music and podcasts, check some tweets and using whatsapp. Right now it's down to 63% so the battery is looking good so I'm very happy with that.

Screenshot_2015_09_11_08_59_06.png

Ah so tempted to pull the trigger, between this, the Style and new Nexus. Decisions, decisions.
    What's the camera like on it? And how's the battery when not on WiFi.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

skodacb wrote: »
    Ah so tempted to pull the trigger, between this, the Style and new Nexus. Decisions, decisions.
    What's the camera like on it? And how's the battery when not on WiFi.

The camera seems fine but I'm not really one to worry about the camera too much.

I don't know what the battery is like with wifi off but it's still going strong for me here. Looks like it's going to last 2 and a half days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Moto X Style now available for pre-order. Still UK only though - estimated delivery 08/10/15

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭vincent coffey

There's no way around it. They won't ship to mail forwarders eg Parcelmotel and I'm not even sure if they'll take a UK credit card. You're only hope is to get a relative/friend in the UK to order it for you.

digitaldr wrote: »
    There's no way around it. They won't ship to mail forwarders eg Parcelmotel and I'm not even sure if they'll take a UK credit card. You're only hope is to get a relative/friend in the UK to order it for you.

The play appeared pretty quick on argos
    Could wait and see if they will carry the style

That or ring my sister in law in England.

Really want this phone.

Even if Argos get the Style in, the chances of them offering customization would be nil.

Tbh the customisation wouldn't bother me. I'll stick it in a case from day one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,986 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

digitaldr wrote: »
    Even if Argos get the Style in, the chances of them offering customization would be nil.

Any idea if it's likely they will get the style?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Kobe

Just ordered mine from Motorola UK and will have it sent to my friend's house in London, they won't send it to Ireland but accept card from ireland.

Advertisement