Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFPL 2015/16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Dearg81

jimmii wrote: »
    98 boom. Depay my only player to score less than 6 wish it was like that every week!!

Great Score. Game week rank of 7 is impressive.

I moved up a few hundred places to 755th but dropped a couple of places in the fsa pay league which shows how high the standard is.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Great Score. Game week rank of 7 is impressive.

I moved up a few hundred places to 755th but dropped a couple of places in the fsa pay league which shows how high the standard is.

Holy crap I didn't even know that!! I expected it to be good but nowhere near that good! Up to 166 OR now happy with that!!

In random news M Night Shyamalan just walked into the bar. Place just got scary.

Just have to leave this here so that when I am moaning in the future I can look at it and be like yeh its not always bad!

UFPLGW4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

have we our final squads picked? i do morealess tho just hanging on til the internationals are done and dusted to avoid any nasty surprises.

p.s. super score jimmi, especially considering the average for the gw

manual_man wrote: »
    have we our final squads picked? i do morealess tho just hanging on til the internationals are done and dusted to avoid any nasty surprises.

p.s. super score jimmi, especially considering the average for the gw

Yeh was pretty pleased with that I was expecting it be decent but you don't expect a 98 to be that good in ufpl so was a nice surprise.

Haven't even looked at making finishing touches yet will be having a tinker tomorrow I have quite a few transfers rolled over.

• Advertisement

Yeh was pretty pleased with that I was expecting it be decent but you don't expect a 98 to be that good in ufpl so was a nice surprise.

Haven't even looked at making finishing touches yet will be having a tinker tomorrow I have quite a few transfers rolled over.

yeah i have limited options in my 1st team with just 4 transfers and needing to use one of them to take Gradel out. 7 transfers in my 2nd team and i like the look of that better how i'll have it

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

KevIRL wrote: »
    Have set up a H2H league to start in GW5, selected 3 knockout rounds for the end as well so should finish in a final in the last week I think

318-3245 is the code

Bump

Gone through it now dam it takes a long time! I guess its all those transfer decisions you have in FPL from now until Christmas all wrapped up into one week! I'll be letting one transfer go to waste might just do Shaw>Darmian for the craic. MD rotation sucks on 7,9,11 & 13 but I guess we are all in the same boat there between all those GWs only have 14 players playing outside of MD1 :eek:

Gone through it now dam it takes a long time! I guess its all those transfer decisions you have in FPL from now until Christmas all wrapped up into one week! I'll be letting one transfer go to waste might just do Shaw>Darmian for the craic. MD rotation sucks on 7,9,11 & 13 but I guess we are all in the same boat there between all those GWs only have 14 players playing outside of MD1 :eek:

the md rotation is very difficult with the fixtures as we know them in fairness, some gw's you're just not going to have many options but everybody's in the same boat in that regard. i think you could come up with a 1000 different drafts and you'd still be short of options on a few of the gameweeks.

the md rotation is very difficult with the fixtures as we know them in fairness, some gw's you're just not going to have many options but everybody's in the same boat in that regard. i think you could come up with a 1000 different drafts and you'd still be short of options on a few of the gameweeks.

Yeh those GWs just don't feature teams you are going to want many players from in the long term. Going with more Spurs & Pool coverage than I had expected handy having a couple of decentish players who can come in for Saturday failures!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

How are the final UFPL drafts going?

Mine is done now and just like last year I used too mant transfers GW 1-4 on one week punts and haven't had enough transfers to pick the actual 25 I want! It's only a couple of small tweaks I'm missing out on overall - I'm only really pissed off at managing to be left with Ben Davies in my squad when I swore I would have 8 regular defenders this year.

I haven't got many differential players in my squad - the majority and 20% plus ownership. Its hard to steer clear of the obvious, there aren't too many must have expensive forwards so its much easier to get all round quality squad this year. I went with Pedro over Hazard and Benteke over Kane but other than those 2 have pretty much everyone I would want. I tried to learn from last year and stick with players who I like but haven't scored well in first 4 weeks and not to jump on too many bandwagons - actually Mahrez is another one I left out who I'm slightly worried about.

Anyone gone with any particular strategies in their selection?

Still happy with the plan I came up with. When it comes to it there will probably be a bit on tinkering done!

Gone and done it now. Used up all my transfers and immediately regretted it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Did the winner of this last year do any interviews or anything?

Would be interested to know what worked for him in regard to what position he spent money, did he put a lot of emphasis on match days etc.

Did the winner of this last year do any interviews or anything?

Would be interested to know what worked for him in regard to what position he spent money, did he put a lot of emphasis on match days etc.

FFS have had a few articles from one of the regs there who did really well in the beta and last season but didn't really say anything that wasn't obvious.

link to everything tagged UFPL there

Gone and done it now. Used up all my transfers and immediately regretted it!

come on then show it

my team 1:

whykc4uLItrnJtVK1GM_W10c7nOzOf3EYM9AMNQ5EehazjWDFhU_igbiYrHiF-66vlCRVrL_SB4u2ua2b-3-kjxTc5yK_lYxK66CBFj88bI81B5STXykmrrt9skHoEiWz0iWt7Mpfo-cTsL9vteMqwV1RRS04r0qwv8uVy0SB_de3V1sSwLzVC6FuhRYu5YK-4i-yB0ePtwJySRnZ9hNeP3OMNqEZISocDuTev2SfUcy3ZpMlRmY7psW8UBLc7fyHj3KJP-8cA2xagyvF4qEMxiDPie9m1puEbXYHW8YRGECYZQjrLWYdxqiuZmIM_q1HmFvyPC-BD1z6NjZY1QFaHrQnu--Muy2LD3-dBRPVHfChdibTVX_3BDqRQRa7MRNJ4pkAQRmshaTp6CP93k6UtBw27FZMl88N6gHjy0bG1eYYKIGeErXGJmldEpPrqlarn5xwu4Z4vIvrXj06o-CGPtIKL_vx0fUEC-flyVBv6WcoIZWdS__rHNvnlVI7KQX8dBvPGXLJ6UXp-1c-jNUDzs=w587-h533-no

and team 2:

FrVJl1hfwn4iVPcj4wfeBO90cf9S2BmbEKcC7W8psHrK6S1cxClh5I54GABVY7ruf366b3j9q4fwLv7sj-BTsqVe_g1Pu0j-dgzY2Vugjj1v54x_CoRbv7OznYvG_gmbJVWQ8rU5dWjMpfL4ZPLFUDWgsYk5JnBCJLoz177GykE4KoJfUxuwXH8OVendvTE3RofvNe-Zqliou1A-2iK7ykJCglEsFP1GWa07d0VfVpFjgEwPeWeVPngXzKQsezUPXBVYWVOfOPb8zUtjH9WmynzzpWxswZLjp7c1E5sVkAnSWd8xDwOsv4oSWiv1uJOg3Nd5Aw5Vb215fNlbi63OqfUN3hMHvpobcO6FkNFLZGfqcEYnlof_xCl_mssKDL1wwecvpaP8u7qkRxfFrcWJJGzKVzOXrvzZObg2EyIG17Ea55rWe2FosshZXG1f76T5YhdS9RuanBN2MwA_mxLfEo--lS48Ajicqp0AUbqmJeI7ckrdZ3P2wvVWmdaQmM8mrP4q8j0iELBlNUq6AQKzNZI=w590-h539-no

i prefer the look of team 2

I'll fire it up tomorrow! Have tried to put together something a little different.

Now is wish I hadn't made a certain transfer so I could bring in Bego and then just have two gks when Courtois comes back! I think with three gks its worth the punt if we do believe he is out for a while.

Chelsea have been ****e in defense. Not sure there's value there

Chelsea have been ****e in defense. Not sure there's value there

That will surely change at some point and if he is out I wouldn't be surprised if Jose tried to tighten it up at the back to give them a bit more protection.

• Advertisement

That will surely change at some point and if he is out I wouldn't be surprised if Jose tried to tighten it up at the back to give them a bit more protection.

I'm still not even tempted. Terry and Ivan did well in ufpl last season, a combination of best ever attacking returns for them and a lot of clean sheets. I don't expect either of them to come close to matching last season's totals. Also, the extras (CBI's, recoveries) can be vital in ufpl (Williams is a prime example), and no Chelsea defender did particularly well in that regard. Add in less security of starts.....

I briefly considered Courtois, but Chelsea just look too bad atm. Will see again in January :P

I'm still not even tempted. Terry and Ivan did well in ufpl last season, a combination of best ever attacking returns for them and a lot of clean sheets. I don't expect either of them to come close to matching last season's totals. Also, the extras (CBI's, recoveries) can be vital in ufpl (Williams is a prime example), and no Chelsea defender did particularly well in that regard. Add in less security of starts.....

I briefly considered Courtois, but Chelsea just look too bad atm. Will see again in January :P

Yeh handy having those extra ones in case the situation does change.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Haven't made any transfers yet - going to map out my team today and make the changes this evening or tomorrow morning.

8-10 wrote: »
    Haven't made any transfers yet - going to map out my team today and make the changes this evening or tomorrow morning.

I set up a colour coded table with the MD rotation for as far as we have the fixtures if that would help?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I set up a colour coded table with the MD rotation for as far as we have the fixtures if that would help?

Cheers but I'm not really that serious about it - had too bad a start to care too much. I actually thought I'd missed the transfer deadline last week.

But I have time this afternoon so I'm going to at least look at the players I should no longer be carrying and who to bring in.

Cheers but I'm not really that serious about it - had too bad a start to care too much. I actually thought I'd missed the transfer deadline last week.

But I have time this afternoon so I'm going to at least look at the players I should no longer be carrying and who to bring in.

Sure I have it done I may as well throw it up here with the team later. On a different comp right now. It basically just says Spurs play MD2/3 every week seemingly on their own some how! Most teams are heavily weighted towards MD1 fixtures especially the good teams GW9,11,13 not many MD2 options those weeks.

How bad a start have you got off to? Mine was pretty ropey until last week. At this stage it only takes one good score to take you from obscurity to inside the top 1%.

if you haven't got off to the greatest start, you might look at a few lower % ownership players for the craic. A few suggestions: Sako(CRY), Diouf, Morrison(WBA), Ozil, Giroud, Ramsey, Evans, Rondon, Montero, Lens, Shaqiri, Sinclair, Eriksen. Tonnes of options out there. Begovic @5M maybe worthy of punt too if Courtois is gonna be out for a while

edit: De Breune too

Sure I have it done I may as well throw it up here with the team later. On a different comp right now. It basically just says Spurs play MD2/3 every week seemingly on their own some how! Most teams are heavily weighted towards MD1 fixtures especially the good teams GW9,11,13 not many MD2 options those weeks.

the only thing i would suggest is to have some Spurs and Liverpool coverage given their MD2/3 games for subs and possible captain change. other than that there's gonna be some gw's where your options are quite limited, there's no getting away from that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Transfers made, I may have been a bit hasty with them. Let us pray for an injury free season.

• Advertisement

ufpl_season_2_rotation_pic.jpg

Advertisement