Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFPL 2015/16

Options
1181920212224»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Jaysus! Nice score Kev. Only Firmino did anything for me today so just treading water yesterday was down 5 places today moved back up 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

jimmii wrote: »
    Jaysus! Nice score Kev. Only Firmino did anything for me today so just treading water yesterday was down 5 places today moved back up 2.

I did half consider giving Mata the armband once I saw he was in the Utd team and all.... 2 home games for Payet swung it in the end though.

KevIRL wrote: »
    I did half consider giving Mata the armband once I saw he was in the Utd team and all.... 2 home games for Payet swung it in the end though.

Says a lot about Payet that he can pick up a decent score without a goal or assist fingers crossed he comes through with something during the week although with United having the extra motivation from today's result and West Hams performance at the weekend I'm not as confident of that any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Ayew is really annoying me lately, twice I've ignored him and he's punished me both times with big hauls.

My chance of catching Wamble is gone. I'll have to settle for 2nd place now in the boards pay league :-)

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Ayew is really annoying me lately, twice I've ignored him and he's punished me both times with big hauls.

My chance of catching Wamble is gone. I'll have to settle for 2nd place now in the boards pay league :-)

You'll have to be settling for 3rd i'm afraid!

• Advertisement

110 now. Just Brady and possibly clyne left (for 2 point hit) as Costa is out

Wow nice! A paltry 83 here with (hopefully some to show) Courtois, Azpi, Barkley, Firmino, Deeney and Ighalo to go.

Wow nice! A paltry 83 here with (hopefully some to show) Courtois, Azpi, Barkley, Firmino, Deeney and Ighalo to go.

GW rank is currently 6th

KevIRL wrote: »
    GW rank is currently 6th

I went and had a sneaky look when I saw your scored not a bad week so what was your best gw rank last year? If only we had an fpld so we knew how many players teams have left.

I went and had a sneaky look when I saw your scored not a bad week so what was your best gw rank last year? If only we had an fpld so we knew how many players teams have left.

Think I finished the week somewhere in the 20s last year. Best OR rank was 8th after about GW15. Sigh, nothing like that this yeat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Wamble

Dearg81 wrote: »

I wouldn't be so sure. Carroll (c) backfired big time for me. I've only a few playing tonight (two of them Ake and Igahlo, sigh). A creative captain on Sunday could clinch it :eek:

Wamble wrote: »
    I wouldn't be so sure. Carroll (c) backfired big time for me. I've only a few playing tonight (two of them Ake and Igahlo, sigh). A creative captain on Sunday could clinch it :eek:

You too Jimmi!

You too Jimmi!

I'm probably going to need a Deeney quadtrick (?) tonight to be close enough to have much of a sweat come the weekend!

After the weekend I was thinking I was going to regret going double Watford attack over Aguero! They've paid me back nicely tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

decent score of 135pts from one of my teams, could have been a bit better with Iggy benched and Sanchez also, although the loans definitely paid off on the whole, none more than loaning in triple Sunderland defense of PVA, Kone & Mannone :)

manual_man wrote: »
    decent score of 135pts from one of my teams, could have been a bit better with Iggy benched and Sanchez also, although the loans definitely paid off on the whole, none more than loaning in triple Sunderland defense of PVA, Kone & Mannone :)

Nice triple up! The Liverpool goal cost me a few points but still cracked the ton.

Nice triple up! The Liverpool goal cost me a few points but still cracked the ton.

Yeah Kone got 20pts. Zero from the first game, 20 from tonight

Yeah Kone got 20pts. Zero from the first game, 20 from tonight

Wow nice night! Must have been some ranking jump tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Hackers

As we are almost at the end of the season just thought I would post to say I have not ran off with the prize fund and will be paying out next week:)

As things stand the Top 5 are the below ( have put in Team names and left out Manager names), you will know yourselves who is who as I am too lazy to go back and put in the Boards user names today!

Wamble 2741
    Art FC 2690
    Rua Dublin 2687
    Sporting Hee Hawing 2668
    God Save McClean 2662

Barring a major catastrophe, it looks like Wamble will be collecting the prize so well done on that.

I see as well that whoever is managing Ultimate Warriors are currently in 5th place for the £1,000 May monthly prize so it would be great to see a boardsie take that!

Hackers wrote: »
    We have 16 for the paid league in this . I would propose still going with winner takes all as was the original plan....any major objections?

Wow nice night! Must have been some ranking jump tonight?

haha yeah. was the poorer-performing of my 2 teams though..

missed a couple of matchday changes recently so both my teams suffered as a result. SO. MUCH. WORK. i may play again next season but truth be told if i'm not doing very well after, say, the first 7 or 8 gameweeks, then i'll just throw in the towel. too much effort for what's on offer otherwise

• Advertisement

haha yeah. was the poorer-performing of my 2 teams though..

missed a couple of matchday changes recently so both my teams suffered as a result. SO. MUCH. WORK. i may play again next season but truth be told if i'm not doing very well after, say, the first 7 or 8 gameweeks, then i'll just throw in the towel. too much effort for what's on offer otherwise

Yeh you have to out in the time in this game that's for sure. Missing one week makes such a big difference.

Pretty damp final day to the season. I'll take the win though!

Such a frustrating and cruel game at the best of times. Bring on next season! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Hackers

Hi Wamble,

Can you drop me a PM with preference on how to receive the winnings, can do Paypal or bank transfer?

Such a frustrating and cruel game at the best of times. Bring on next season! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Congrats on your win! You had a great season.

I'll definitely be entering 2 teams next year with the 2nd team going for the monthly £1000 prize. It's a far more realistic prize to aim for given it's monthly and that you should have an edge over most players if you get your loans right.

Advertisement