Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFPL 2015/16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

jimmii wrote: »
    Yeh normally do that and really should have at least put one of them in for Theo and then check the line up before losing Hazards point.

it'll be some achievement for ANY ufpl manager to remember every single MD deadline though. it's definitely hardcore haha

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I was thinking the same, I did bring Ibe in for Haz though so I only lost out on Gomez clean sheet. I guess everyone will feck up eventually in ultimate.
    manual_man wrote: »
    it'll be some achievement for ANY ufpl manager to remember every single MD deadline though. it's definitely hardcore haha

Yeh everyone is going to miss at some point but its annoying when it does happen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Finished on 72 for the gw. Who are ye captaining for MD1 next week? Leaning towards Kane but Depay and Mahrez are tempting.

Finished on 72 for the gw. Who are ye captaining for MD1 next week? Leaning towards Kane but Depay and Mahrez are tempting.

Rooney or Delay for sure. Hazard & Ozil waiting in the wings. I mean surely all of them can't go another week without picking up a decent score!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Rooney, Hazard and Benteke(unless I sign Sanchez) will be my captains.

Whats everyone's team name in the FSA league? I'm Sporting Hee-Hawing.

• Advertisement

Rooney, Hazard and Benteke(unless I sign Sanchez) will be my captains.

Whats everyone's team name in the FSA league? I'm Sporting Hee-Hawing.

Rua Dublin. I've found it weird having transfers in UFPL again last season I couldn't wait to use them at the start now I've become accustomed to not using them!

Rua Dublin. I've found it weird having transfers in UFPL again last season I couldn't wait to use them at the start now I've become accustomed to not using them!

I'll be happy enough when the transfer window is over as I managed to pick a good squad this season. I'm not sure who to bring in either apart from Silva, Sanchez and probably A. Ayew too as I want to get as many goalscorers into my midfield as possible.

I'll be happy enough when the transfer window is over as I managed to pick a good squad this season. I'm not sure who to bring in either apart from Silva, Sanchez and probably A. Ayew too as I want to get as many goalscorers into my midfield as possible.

Yeh its nice when you can settle back in to the normal routine! In FPL I am very cautious one of the joys of UFPL is that you can take some punts on people you would never dream of having having in the main game especially from the sides who play mostly on Saturdays.

As we start to look at which players we want to lock in until at least Christmas who is on your must have list?

Only player I can really think of not going without at all is Aguero there are so many value options in midfield and attack that we have a ton of options. Are you planning on going with any base prices non-starters? I ended up with one playing defender last year I will be hoping that doesn't happen again!

As we start to look at which players we want to lock in until at least Christmas who is on your must have list?

Only player I can really think of not going without at all is Aguero there are so many value options in midfield and attack that we have a ton of options. Are you planning on going with any base prices non-starters? I ended up with one playing defender last year I will be hoping that doesn't happen again!

I'm not picking any 4.0 mil defenders, I dont like wasters in my squad. I had a bad run of injuries like yourself last year so you need everyone pulling their weight.

There's definitely a lot of good midfiled options but I dont think there's many good options in attack. One player I'm looking is Diouf(6.5m) who should benefit from Stokes new attacking midfielders and they also have a great run of fixtures.

• Advertisement

I'm not picking any 4.0 mil defenders, I dont like wasters in my squad. I had a bad run of injuries like yourself last year so you need everyone pulling their weight.

There's definitely a lot of good midfiled options but I dont think there's many good options in attack. One player I'm looking is Diouf(6.5m) who should benefit from Stokes new attacking midfielders and they also have a great run of fixtures.

Yeh I have Diouf on my list too. Like the look of Shelveys stats too he looks promising. Seems we have a lot more options in that lower to midrange this year. I actually did a squad yesterday with a full lot of starters and it came to 140!

i'll have one 4.0m player max. Aguero i'll have for sure. Kane probably too (i think he'll come good). Silva and Hazard in midfield for definite, one Arsenal mid for definite too. Diouf could be a good shout. Kind of assessing things in general though and after gw4 will just try and get the best squad together based on what we know by then. tonne of promising cheaper mids to consider already - Ritchie, Puncheon, Albrighton, Mahrez, Montero, Shelvey, Ki, Redmond, Hoolahan and probably more. plan on having a fairly strong defense too as that was my achilles heel last season

manual_man wrote: »
    i'll have one 4.0m player max. Aguero i'll have for sure. Kane probably too (i think he'll come good). Silva and Hazard in midfield for definite, one Arsenal mid for definite too. Diouf could be a good shout. Kind of assessing things in general though and after gw4 will just try and get the best squad together based on what we know by then. tonne of promising cheaper mids to consider already - Ritchie, Puncheon, Albrighton, Mahrez, Montero, Shelvey, Ki, Redmond, Hoolahan and probably more. plan on having a fairly strong defense too as that was my achilles heel last season

I still like Kane too after coming up with the 140m squad my first though was to change to Kane. I think I will probably shell out for the safety of Sanchez with Arsenal. With all the attacking options I have found myself stocking up on defence too at the last tinker I had 5 of the traditionally "premium" defenders I want to go with Kol & Gomez so going to make sure I have 8 starters as obviously hard to know just how much game time they will get in the longer term.

Aguero, Sanchez, Kolarov, Depay. Thinking of dumping Kane atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭Hype710

If I make no transfers this week can I then make up to 8 next week?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Hype710 wrote: »
    If I make no transfers this week can I then make up to 8 next week?

Rules explained here: http://ultimate.premierleague.com/help/

absolute shocker today! 23 from 9 played! :o absolutely every one of my subs will be used

on the upside my 2nd team continues to perform well, 39 from 9 from them

30 from 8. For the third time in a row Depay captain has failed, still think he will explode soon though. Kane will be transferred out this week for sure, absolutely useless.

think i'm gonna keep Kane. Spurs just haven't got going yet

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Wamble

Wilson, Francis and Maiga all in my reserves :(

Another shocker with 36 points from 11 players.

Transferred Wilson out for Sakho in classic aswell :eek:

• Advertisement

Wilson and Krul in the reserves got 1 less point than the players I did start!

38 with 5 to go. will probably keep the captaincy on Haz. meh. down to 6.5k in the latest rankings, pretty poor showing but early days and all that. my other team is going along nicely. Purely Punty is what i called them, and the relaxed approach is paying off :pac: :pac:

Super Kol as captain made this a good week. Will have 67+Ozil & Kosc after changes. Krul & Wilson still eyeing me mockingly from the reserves would have been nice to have been pushing a ton!

Super Kol as captain made this a good week. Will have 67+Ozil & Kosc after changes. Krul & Wilson still eyeing me mockingly from the reserves would have been nice to have been pushing a ton!

Nice captain choice. I'm the opposite, rolling the dice for the 3rd time tonight with Benteke. I'm not expecting many returns but you never know with Arsenal, I'm hoping Cech is in generous form again.

Nice captain choice. I'm the opposite, rolling the dice for the 3rd time tonight with Benteke. I'm not expecting many returns but you never know with Arsenal, I'm hoping Cech is in generous form again.

Really didn't have many options for yesterday! Nice to get a good result from it. Defenders have treated me well so far in both games. 51 points from just the defenders in FPL so far!

Really didn't have many options for yesterday! Nice to get a good result from it. Defenders have treated me well so far in both games. 51 points from just the defenders in FPL so far!

Yea 31 from Kolorov if you had him from the start in FPL, one of the rare successes for me in that game. He should be the top scoring defender in both games this season barring injury.

Yea 31 from Kolorov if you had him from the start in FPL, one of the rare successes for me in that game. He should be the top scoring defender in both games this season barring injury.

Yeh you would think so. I expect it won't take too long for until to be more expensive than Kompany. Hopefully it doesn't all come crashing down around us!!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Play milner or take puncheons 4 points?

Going to captain Bellerin tonight over Benteke. Could prove my stupidest move yet.

• Advertisement

KevIRL wrote: »
    Play milner or take puncheons 4 points?

i'd probably gamble on Milner, given the lineups

from bad to worse for me, stuck with a non-playing Mert. tempted to change the armband from Haz(6X2) to one of Ozil/Giroud/Cazorla, but the way things have been going i'd expect that to backfire haha

Advertisement