Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hair transplant diary (ongoing)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,310 ✭✭✭HBC08

Sorry man,

Haven't heard of it.Same old same old if it's a mill,most people will get a decent result and most are happy to take the risk.Having said that I really have no knowledge of them so could be one doctor doing good work on one patient a day,might not be a mill at all.

If you've seen real life good results from there then that's a major plus,maybe research it as much as you can and make a call on it then,sounds promising.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Based on my research Dr. Turan has to be in the top 5 surgeons in the world when it comes to value for money. Personally I think it's pretty remarkable that FUECapilar are providing that quality of service at their prices.

Using beard hair has it's drawbacks, but it's preferable to the alternative, which in my case is not enough grafts at all. I was aware that beard hair has a lower hair to graft ratio (maybe 1.2 something like that?), but is that compensated for somewhat by the fact that beard hairs are thicker? I would say the same about body hair, not as good quality and also a different colour (will that be noticeable?) but if it gives me a bit of extra density I might as well go for it. Scarring seems to vary from person to person, so fingers crossed on that.

It'll all come down to how many grafts Dr. Turan thinks he can get out of me, but something like 3,500 donor + 2,500 beard/body grafts, might be enough for a good result.

Can I ask how much you're paying for it?

It's not a straight forward ht and it being over two days and involving beard and body hair ads to that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭benny79

Jesus thats for nothing!

• Advertisement

That's a great price for a complicated 2 day surgery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Omega28

If budget wasn't an issue, where would people be going in Ireland?

Blackrock clinic,decent clinic but nothing special by international standards,dependable enough,would do touch ups if necessary etc Have done lots of "celebs" who in turn promote their clinic,off the top of my head Bryan Robson,Paul mcGinley,Pat Nevin

It took several over and back emails for them to actual admit their prices......wait for it.......€10 a graft!

This was in 2018/19,things may have changed since.

Told you, for a doctor that only takes one patient per day, best value in the game.

Of course, I haven’t seen the results of my surgery yet, but I’m led to believe he does good work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Omega28

€10 a graft is nuts but I can understand why someone would decide to go there.

I haven't heard a good word about Turkey either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,637 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

and obviously Dr Nel... I've had consultations with him, but only ended up getting the prescriptions for Oral Minoxidil and Proscar but did get an estimate on HT operation if I decided to later. Lots of people who've had the surgery with him seem very happy from what I gather.

https://www.hswclinic.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Swaine

Started on Finesteride today, 1.25mg daily. Very affordable here too.

Currently chatting to Fuecapilar, they seem fairly repuatable and are asking for videos of donor area etc so they seem quite legit.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Newport81

Heading to Dr. Gur with Fuecapillar in a couple weeks has anyone been to him? Any tips on what I need to bring?

Can I ask why you decided on him over Dr Tucan?

Good choice of Doctor,I'd go with him ahead of Turan,especially if you're over 40.I think he does more age appropriate hairline whereas Turan seems to do the same straight hairline for everyone.I mentioned on another post that I'd recently seen a bad case from Turan.Results can never be guaranteed but I mean basic stuff like hairs at wrong angles and multiples in the hairline.I doubt this was him,was most likely a tech but I wouldn't take the risk,having said that both Turan and Gur are the best budget options in Turkey in my opinion.

Things to remember to bring,

Comfortable pants like tracksuit bottoms for day of procedure

Button up grandfather style shirt.

Neck pillow

Load up your phone with Netflixand and pods in case WiFi isn't great.

Bring sleeping tablets/xanax (if you have asses to them) if you don't ask the clinic,also ask for pain killers.Im not sure if you're supposed to take all these things at once but I did!

Best of luck!

@HBC08 what to you think Fuegenix in Holland I see they are recently recommended on the hair forum am wondering would he be better than Dr Turan & Gur in your opinion

Sorry Benny,not familiar with them but as you know there's great info on that forum.

What's the deal,how much are they charging? Do they have one doctor or a few? Have you been able to find before and afters in proper lighting and up close on hairline etc?

Just seen a few peoples storys on forum dont know how much he charges but a lot are impressed with his results I think he just does the one a day. I have made contact with Fuecapilar and sendt pics. They want me to wait a week to send Video of donor area as I had just got my hair cut. But just looking at other options.

That's still bugging me about the Turan botch job. Their technician has no role in the implantation, Turan does that. Maybe he just had an off day...

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Had my HT with Dr Nel on Wednesday 18 months after my consultation. Really happy with it (so was he) and you really can't put a price on being in your own bed the day after instead of having to navigate airports etc..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,171 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

All that airport stress can’t be good for the body/ new hair

• Registered Users Posts: 13,637 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Did you get the scalp done and how did you arrange the pillows etc to sleep on the operated areas?

I've tried sleeping on my front or sides before and just always end up rolled onto my back no matter how many pillows or obstacles I put around me to fix me in place 😁

I got 2500 grafts done on my Crown as my frontal area was fine.

I use a travel pillow and also use 2 normal pillows to alleviate myself up a bit. Seems to be ok so far, don't appear to have lost any grafts.

Where did you get your procedure done?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,130 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Hi gents,

just wondering if any of you have before and after pics available?

Two photos are of my head directly before and directly after the op.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Swaine

€4 a graft so €10k overall. I've been booked in before cost of living increase etc...so I think he may be even more expensive now.

I'll also be getting SMP to add some density to my hairline, coronette and to cover up my FUT scar (I got a FUE/FUT combo because my donor is weak). Getting that in 6 months at a cost of €2700 so everything overall will be €12,700

Congrats on taking the plunge!

Rear enough to see the crown done only as a first ht but your hairline obviously didn't need it.

Can I ask did the doctor discuss or explain the sworl or swirl pattern with you for the crown?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,130 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

That’s great thanks for posting.

What sort of timeline is it now for having a head of hair that you go to the barbers with if you get me.

A couple of months?

• Advertisement

This is actually my 2nd HT, I got one done in 2020 from MHR clinic in Ireland. They did a decent job on my hairline but practically put none on my crown. Hence why I went to Dr Nel this time out. He didn't mention anything about a pattern for the crown.

I got a mix of FUE/FUT because of a lower than average donor area. 1500 grafts were taken from FUE and a further 1000 grafts from the FUT strip. I now have a pretty big scar so I'm going to probably grow my hair for about 6 months, then get the SMP to help cover up the scar and then get my hair cut.

As you can see the FUT scar is pretty large. I'll try and keep updates with progress as I go on.

Advertisement