Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hair transplant diary (ongoing)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dashman

yup, learnt this the hard way. Spent 2500 on a treatment plan with Premier Hair which did nothing. Now I'm 2 months out from my transplant with Dr Nel and can safely say it was a good decision.

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Just want to alert others to my own experience with the Premier Hair Restoration in Rathmines.

Had an appointment about 2 months back. Great explanation of what's happening to my hair and very professional too.

Then came the treatment and price. They gave me 3 options 1) Laser Treatment and Herbal Supply costing €7000 2) Herbal Supply €135 p/m or 6 months for €500 or 3) Do nothing.

Asked about Finestrade and he said there's side affects to it so he wouldn't recommend. He said there's no side affects to his herbal treatment plan. He also advised that the herbal treatment will only prevent further hair loss but won't grow any hair back.

Ended up getting Finestrade from a doctor which has 1-2% chance of side affects. Fin costs me like €42 for 6 months and bought Regaine in a pharmacy too for €57 for 6 months. Only 1.5 months in and can already see a huge difference to my hair with no side affects.

My opinion: Premier Hair Restoration are a business that want to maximize profit so will advise you on the solution that fits their model.

Comparison for 1 year.
    Herbal Treatment: €1,620 (or €1,000 upfront)
    Finestrade: €84 (1-2% chance of side affects)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Americanisms

Feel a whole lot better going to Dr. Nel instead of Premier Hair now after reading some of these comments :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35,701 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    go get the transplant with dr nel in Ireland or cuoto in Spain or feridini or biasanga in Belgium. All have good track records. Dr nel was very stress fee option for me.

I know they won't even answer emails anymore, so booked out. That's what his youtube channel caused. A worldwide reach that has caused a Hair Rush.

Any idea if Dr. Rafael De Freitas is any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Underground

Gonna give Dr Nel a call tomorrow and book a consultation.

I figure it's now or never for the hair transplant with me being out of the office, and realistically probably not going back to the office till next year. Already feel slightly better having come to terms with what I need to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I know they won't even answer emails anymore, so booked out. That's what his youtube channel caused. A worldwide reach that has caused a Hair Rush.

I emailed them not too long ago to enquire about when it might be possible to book with them, it took a few days but they did get back and said due to the pandemic they've no idea when consultations will be possible again. They advised to contact them again later this year and that it'd more than likely be 2023 before it'd be possible to actually get seen to. Would you happen to know what price range they'd be as well?

I think I might wait that long to go with them, because honestly nobody else seems to be able to do hairlines as good/natural as Couto from what I've seen anyway. I've checked some of the other highly recommended ones on here before, and I don't know if it's the bad result pictures or what (as in literally the pictures), but none seemed to be as nice looking as Couto's. Would love someone to point out someone equally good though - but some of these guys need to take a leaf out of Couto's book and sort out their social media to have proper results pics/videos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 DaveClarke17

I had booked to go with Fuecap a couple of weeks ago but had to cancel due to COVID being so bad still!

And with the way things are I am thinking of getting it done here in Ireland.

For people who go with Dr Nel, are you paying straight up or using something like flexifi to spread the costs if you don't me asking?

Also for FIN, how much is everyone taking? About a quarter tablet a day ?

Thanks guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭HBC08

I had booked to go with Fuecap a couple of weeks ago but had to cancel due to COVID being so bad still!

For people who go with Dr Nel, are you paying straight up or using something like flexifi to spread the costs if you don't me asking?

Thanks guys!

I think youre better off with dr Nel.
    I think FUE capillar are one of the better turkish budget options but they are still just that.
    Dr Nel would be 3 to 4 times the cost though?
    As regards finesteride you can take a variety of doses,most would do 1mg a day or every second day.This would translate to roughly a quarter of a pill if you have the 5mg proscar pills (which i used myself)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 DaveClarke17

HBC08 wrote: »
    I think youre better off with dr Nel.
    I think FUE capillar are one of the better turkish budget options but they are still just that.
    Dr Nel would be 3 to 4 times the cost though?
    As regards finesteride you can take a variety of doses,most would do 1mg a day or every second day.This would translate to roughly a quarter of a pill if you have the 5mg proscar pills (which i used myself)

Ah cool thanks!

Yeah FUECAP was costing 4k for like 4k graphs , I think Dr Nel is about €4 a graft so be looking at 16k which is a boatload of cash to lay down straight out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

Ah cool thanks!

Yeah FUECAP was costing 4k for like 4k graphs , I think Dr Nel is about €4 a graft so be looking at 16k which is a boatload of cash to lay down straight out!

I think Dr Nel offers flexi fi too. I don’t think the interest rate is too high, it’s like 8 or 9% but variable. €16K is a lot but you might get a discount for such a large transplant. I’ve been to see him, absolutely no bull **** and he’ll tell you out straight what can be done. I think, like most places, he’s really busy right now.

Couto wrote: »
    I emailed them not too long ago to enquire about when it might be possible to book with them, it took a few days but they did get back and said due to the pandemic they've no idea when consultations will be possible again. They advised to contact them again later this year and that it'd more than likely be 2023 before it'd be possible to actually get seen to. Would you happen to know what price range they'd be as well?

I think I might wait that long to go with them, because honestly nobody else seems to be able to do hairlines as good/natural as Couto from what I've seen anyway. I've checked some of the other highly recommended ones on here before, and I don't know if it's the bad result pictures or what (as in literally the pictures), but none seemed to be as nice looking as Couto's. Would love someone to point out someone equally good though - but some of these guys need to take a leaf out of Couto's book and sort out their social media to have proper results pics/videos

26841491_179966909421058_4656087413364069667_o.png?_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=cSrJBtR7CRIAX-02dax&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=8a1f227560ddd44a56b05cf3ef488342&oe=60939737

dr. rafael de freitas also in Spain has good hairlines like Cuto's.

He'd be my second choice.

Price range with Cuto, dunno, but high it seems. maybe 4 euro per graft

• Advertisement

Thanks guys!

Very little finasteride will maintain hair, for this a take roughly 0.20mg daily. Probably the size of 7 grains of sugar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Dunno man, cuoto seems to be the best especially for hairlines, would have liked my hairline denser tbh as the wind is till a problem for me in having that disheveled look, so still carry a small comb around with me. Think most people say 2 transplants for density so i will see in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 BenMatthew11

Hi guys. Does anyone have any info on Tir Na NÓg clinic with regards to hair transplants? Are they good/worth the money etc? Any info would be helpful! Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 0879628553

i had a chat with them ,1000 grafts for 3 grand.Dr kevin seems like a decent guy.Consultation is free so no harm booking an appointment to see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 TysonH

Well lads I had my HT a month ago now, and although my donor area looks fine I have many little bumps and lumps around my head where the hairs have being extracted is this normal or should the donor have recovered more at this stage, when I rub them I can feel little scabs on some of them all the time, there not really sore a little itchy if anything, but I'm worried that they don't feel normal, any advice on this, how should your donor feel after a month?? Surgery was in ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 4 TysonH

Well lads I had my HT a month ago now, and although my donor area looks fine I have many little bumps and lumps around my head where the hairs have being extracted is this normal or should the donor have recovered more at this stage, when I rub them I can feel little scabs on some of them all the time, there not really sore jus a little itchy if anything, but I'm worried that they don't feel normal, any advice on this, how should your donor feel after a month?? Surgery was in ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Had my consultation with Dr Nel just gone and he is absolutely brilliant. Refreshing to have someone who knows exactly what he is talking about and is so passionate about hair restoration. I told him about my experience with MHR and he's was pretty disgusted.

Not forcing a transplant on me either, advised me take Proscar and use a Demiroller for about 6 months and then see where I'm at.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Kamu

Had my consultation with Dr Nel just gone and he is absolutely brilliant. Refreshing to have someone who knows exactly what he is talking about and is so passionate about hair restoration. I told him about my experience with MHR and he's was pretty disgusted.

Not forcing a transplant on me either, advised me take Proscar and use a Demiroller for about 6 months and then see where I'm at.

Sounds like he is the doctor to go to. Really appreciate that he doesn't force a HT on people. I'll have to make.my appointment!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭BigProblem

what demiroller are you going to use? is there much difference in the cheap or expensive ones :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭DeWanderer

I'd be interested in this too. The 1.5mm is generally recommended. Used once a week (and if a person is applying minoxidil, they shouldn't on this day). I'd like to know of any shops/pharmacies that sell the 1.5mm ones. Not online shops.

I got one off Dr Nel, it's a Clinicare Dermaroller and cost me €50. I haven't actually opened it yet so don't know how many mm's it is. He advised to come off Fintrid and go on Proscar and also to take Loniten which is an oral Minoxidil.

Gonna get my prescriptions sorted and then I'll start with the dermaroller.,

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭DeWanderer

I got one off Dr Nel, it's a Clinicare Dermaroller and cost me €50. I haven't actually opened it yet so don't know how many mm's it is. He advised to come off Fintrid and go on Proscar and also to take Loniten which is an oral Minoxidil.

Gonna get my prescriptions sorted and then I'll start with the dermaroller.,

Thanks.

How do you change your prescription, to go from Fintrid to Proscar? Do you need to talk to GP?

I'm sure you can. Dr Nel gave me a prescription but I'm sure if you already have one for Fintrid the GP will allow to change over.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 ste31

DeWanderer wrote:
    I'd be interested in this too. The 1.5mm is generally recommended. Used once a week (and if a person is applying minoxidil, they shouldn't on this day). I'd like to know of any shops/pharmacies that sell the 1.5mm ones. Not online shops.

Dr Nel advised me 0.5 mm dermaroller to be used every day. If you look on his website it advises between 0.5 - 1.0 mm for callogen induction therapy, basically this is the advised size for hair dermaroller application.

On his site he sells them for 70 quid, I got one online for 20 quid delivered to the door. Haven't used it yet but will be starting soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭thisNthat

Is the Ailesbury people are talking about on this thread the company at this website?
    Thanks

https://www.ailesburyhairclinic.ie/

ste31 wrote: »
    Dr Nel advised me 0.5 mm dermaroller to be used every day. If you look on his website it advises between 0.5 - 1.0 mm for callogen induction therapy, basically this is the advised size for hair dermaroller application.

On his site he sells them for 70 quid, I got one online for 20 quid delivered to the door. Haven't used it yet but will be starting soon.

where did you buy this online for €20?

BigProblem wrote:
    where did you buy this online for €20?

Hey, I got it from foleyschemist.ie .The dermaroller delivered to the door was 20 quid. It's the same spec as the clinicare on Dr. Nels website. It was delivered within 48 hours.

ste31 wrote: »
    Hey, I got it from foleyschemist.ie .The dermaroller delivered to the door was 20 quid. It's the same spec as the clinicare on Dr. Nels website. It was delivered within 48 hours.

thanks for that. i see foleys only has 0.5mm derma roller. i thought the longer the derma roller i.e. 1.5mm the better the hair growth :confused: but the longer the derma roller probably more painful to use :confused:

• Advertisement

BigProblem wrote:
    thanks for that. i see foleys only has 0.5mm derma roller. i thought the longer the derma roller i.e. 1.5mm the better the hair growth but the longer the derma roller probably more painful to use

I'm not sure but Dr. Nel advised to use the 0.5 mm so I assume that's the correct size dermaroller to use.

Advertisement