Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 9 - 16GB & 32GB - €279

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

damian139 wrote: »
    deal sweetener- the free e10 voucher when you spend over e100 is back

Where did you see that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Where did you see that?

monster poster in the window of dunleary argos this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭terencemc

Looking for a code in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭romperstomper

Anyone know a bricks and mortar store that will sell me a cover? Need something with a strap for reading

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

bargainboy wrote:
    for anyone exchanging their nexus 9 because of light bleed clouding etc the serial numbers listed below are when it was made the serial number is on the outside of the box so no need to open in shop and the later the model number the better chance of getting a less defective model ? HT4A OCTOBER 2014 HT4B NOVEMBER 2014 HT4C DECEMBER 2014 HT51 JANUARY 2015

Ht4c from Ashbourne

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

I have mine since Friday, have not opened it yet, wanting to open it so badly but hearing the odd fault here and there with it I may just return it, but I've a case ordered. How's everyone finding their HT4C edition from that batch? That's what mine is from, the December 2014 batch.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭jimmyendless

Hey folks,
    I reserved a 16gb for myself. Are all these cheap 32gb gone for good now?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 cabo

anyone else still waiting for it to come into the Argos they ordered from. Mine was originally due last weekend and still not in stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,219 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Anyone know a bricks and mortar store that will sell me a cover? Need something with a strap for reading
    I saw a lot of them in PC World but that was a couple of months ago

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,931 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Mine was due in yesterday but no txt off them yet...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭XDivaX

Mine is HT4C from Letterkenny.
    How bad does light bleed need to be for it to be unacceptable? Didn't turn mine on yet and afraid to now....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Checked mine last night watching a video in bed. There is a little light bleed at the edges but I don't think it is too much of a problem.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,931 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Got txt and decided that I don't really need it.
    So have a code for Cork Queen old castle if anyone wants it. First to reply gets it

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rogercross

Kind of glad I didn't get this tablet now from what I've been reading about the different shipped versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Hearvee

Thanks to coldfire1x and skeg16 for passing on a code, just picked one up in Tallaght. Showed up as €419 but checked the reservation and got it for €279, plus got the €10 voucher.

It's a HT4C, bit of dirt on one corner of the box but no dents or anything. Won't get to try it out til this evening.

Was a bit worried cos there was a guy at the counter ahead of me who was getting a loud lecture along the lines of "... it doesn't matter what price you reserved it at..." but I got called to a counter over at customer service.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

Pay day today and I am happy to say I am now the proud father of a Nexus 9 :pac:

Doing all the updates now.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 spott

Niemoj wrote: »
    Pay day today and I am happy to say I am now the proud father of a Nexus 9 :pac:

Doing all the updates now.

Congrats! :)

Have you noticed any issues that were mentioned here? Are the buttons flush, is there screen bleeding? Whats the serial code?

spott wrote: »
    Congrats! :)

Have you noticed any issues that were mentioned here? Are the buttons flush, is there screen bleeding? Whats the serial code?

Thanks, I wasn't expecting this, all happened so soon!:pac:

HT4C, so Dec 2014 right?

Haven't gave it a good go around yet but it seems fine, can palm it fine so the volume buttons are grand for taking a screenshot and stuff.

Will update how I get on of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Bykobap

Didn't get a reservation text when it was due so i checked whether they had it in stock.
    They had one so went over and explained i had reservation for it, they gave it to me and once i showed them email with e280 price they honoured it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Bykobap wrote: »
    Didn't get a reservation text when it was due so i checked whether they had it in stock.
    They had one so went over and explained i had reservation for it, they gave it to me and once i showed them email with e280 price they honoured it.

that's pretty impressive customer service!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭sean_b97

great deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭sean_b97

anyone with a nexus 9 have a review?

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭chris1970

I got a one last Saturday, lovely tablet but the light emitting form the left side is starting to be distraction, also the rocker button for volume is sunken on right side, might see if I can get replacement, they wrote exempt on my recipt what's the story with that, anyone? Cheers

chris1970 wrote: »
    I got a one last Saturday, lovely tablet but the light emitting form the left side is starting to be distraction, also the rocker button for volume is sunken on right side, might see if I can get replacement, they wrote exempt on my recipt what's the story with that, anyone? Cheers

What is it distracting you from? Could you take pics? I still haven't opened mine and I'm afraid to now.

I don't know what exempt means. I asked them to email me a copy of the receipt which is handy. Did they write the after handing it to you or before you collected it?

It really annoys me that mine has light bleed, would it be worth it to bring it back?

Raging, apologies for the pics sizes too, didn't get a chance to resize.

tUOSlII.jpg

EEpJzSO.jpg

9xDlYho.jpg

How noticeable is it when in normal use like in YouTube or Netflix? Is that the power on screen?

How noticeable is it when in normal use like in YouTube or Netflix? Is that the power on screen?

I haven't watch any videos yet but I can imagine when there's black bars it'd be quite annoying.

Was gaming on it and as it was full screen the light bleed wasn't noticeable at all.

Will update later on.

Oh and also, should have mentioned but the pics I posted are just of an all black background I got online with the brightness turnt up full.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Niemoj wrote: »
    I haven't watch any videos yet but I can imagine when there's black bars it'd be quite annoying.

Was gaming on it and as it was full screen the light bleed wasn't noticeable at all.

Will update later on.

I would bring it back. Its hard to tell from a pic though.

Id imagine watching a movie where scenes are set at night in the dark would be annoying to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Return it.

That simply isn't good enough. My Linx7 which is worth five times less than this tablet, has no such issues. So there is no excuse for such poor build quality. Google rushed to get these out on the shelves and obviously chose a dodgy supplier for their screens.

Advertisement