Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 9 - 16GB & 32GB - €279

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭RobTheLad

also looking for a code in Dublin/Kildare area, thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 bargainboy

picked mine up to day 32 gb model black buttons fine no creaking of back but screen bleed under camera and quiet alot of clouding on bottom left not really noticeable under normal conditions but any dark scenes pretty bad am thinking of trying to return it for another but 1 will argos swap it and 2 if they wont at 279 is it worth putting up with it as is and 3 what if the replacement is worse any ideas ???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

bargainboy wrote: »
    picked mine up to day 32 gb model black buttons fine no creaking of back but screen bleed under camera and quiet alot of clouding on bottom left not really noticeable under normal conditions but any dark scenes pretty bad am thinking of trying to return it for another but 1 will argos swap it and 2 if they wont at 279 is it worth putting up with it as is and 3 what if the replacement is worse any ideas ???
    Argos are usually grand for returns, just bring it in and explain what's wrong maybe even show them and they should replace it then and there.

As to what if the replacement is worse that's just down to luck, Argos seem to be selling a new batch so there shouldn't be any issues but again it just depends.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,555 ✭✭✭SteM

Can anyone confirm

1) Is the aspect ratio 16:9 or 4:3?
    2) Can you use a USB OTG cable with a flash dive to extend the storage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

SteM wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm

1) Is the aspect ratio 16:9 or 4:3?
    2) Can you use a USB OTG cable with a flash dive to extend the storage?

Yes on both counts, 4:3 ratio.
    Nexus media importer app on play store is very useful when used in conjunction with USB OTG cable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭dealhunter1985

heffsarmy wrote: »
    Pm sent

Hi Heffs,
    Thanks alot for that.
    Could you tell me when it will be available for collection and when is the expiry of the reservation?

cheers

4:3 ratio isn't good imo, think I'll stick with my lg gpad 8.3. I've a reservation for Tallaght if anyone wants it. Expires on 30/7.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭KayeQ

I have a code for Carlow if anybody is nearby and wants it.. (Collection date before 29th)

Hi. Is the code still available? would like to have it please. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SubatomicKiwi

Have a code for 32gb black in Dun Laoghaire

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Sneachta

Yes please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

SteM wrote: »
    4:3 ratio isn't good imo, think I'll stick with my lg gpad 8.3. I've a reservation for Tallaght if anyone wants it. Expires on 30/7.

Depends on your use case, its grand for watching video's imo but web browsing etc is phenomenal in 4:3.

beno619 wrote: »
    Depends on your use case, its grand for watching video's imo but web browsing etc is phenomenal in 4:3.

Of course. Mine is used for watching video mainly so 4:3 is not ideal for me. May suit others though. I'm assuming they decided to go 4:3 to match the form factor of the ipad.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SubatomicKiwi

Sneachta wrote: »
    Yes please

Check pms

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Tech Overhaul

KayeQ wrote: »
    Hi. Is the code still available? would like to have it please. Thanks.

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭delboy76

Have a code for Tralee if anyone wants....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭September1

Got one and light leak is definitely visible!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭Conar

September1 wrote: »
    Got one and light leak is definitely visible!

Hows the vibrate for the keyboard etc? Mines a bit rattley. Might have to return it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭September1

Conar wrote: »
    Hows the vibrate for the keyboard etc? Mines a bit rattley. Might have to return it.

No other issues and I'm not bothered by leak - I'm going to keep it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Only three hours left for the Cork code to be collected guys I'd hate to see it wasted!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Kobe

Screen bleeding on my nexus 9 is very visible when the environment is dark, the amoled display of my nexus 6 is way better in my opinion. Won't watch video with it so the ratio is fine for me, growing to like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Told ya so. The issue is still evident on newer batches too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Techmaster wrote: »
    Told ya so. The issue is still evident on newer batches too.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbc0987MLf1ql5yr7o3_250.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Just been over to collect mine, came up as €419 initially, but there was no issue once I shows the email with the €279 price on it.

No issues with light bleed so far as it's still in the box in the boot of my car!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

blastman wrote: »
    Just been over to collect mine, came up as €419 initially, but there was no issue once I shows the email with the €279 price on it.

No issues with light bleed so far as it's still in the box in the boot of my car!

:pac:

Don't turn it on in the boot of your car, it doesn't do so well in dark places :D

• Registered Users Posts: 46 spott

I still have 2 unopened as I am trying to decide if I need one. I'm having second thoughts about this now after reading about the screen bleeding. Has anyone used this and the Samsung Tab S 10.5 who would be able to say which is better?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Kobe

spott wrote:
    I still have 2 unopened as I am trying to decide if I need one. I'm having second thoughts about this now after reading about the screen bleeding. Has anyone used this and the Samsung Tab S 10.5 who would be able to say which is better?

Screen-wise I think sanding with amoled is better, but I'm not a bug fan of Samsung's touchwiz. Nexus 9 wins in software experience if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭jonny_b

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Just got mine, very happy with it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

jonny_b wrote: »
    Another money hungry.... Eh hem..... Person

[/url]

No need to give them free advertising.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Just got mine, very happy with it

Any light bleed? Seems to be luck of the draw - would not mind a slight bit but some pictures on the net look pretty bad :(

Advertisement