Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 9 - 16GB & 32GB - €279

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Ya, the apple ecosystem sucks and the prices suck but there is a build quality and harmony between hardware/software that surpasses a lot of android systems.

Hello, Apple Morketing Deportment!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭Conar

SteM wrote: »
    I have one of these cases of anyone wants it. PM me your address and I'll send it on.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00J2QUWTW/ref=ya_aw_oh_pii

I was about to order one of these on Amazon. Any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mauricegavin

Conar wrote: »
    I was about to order one of these on Amazon. Any good?

I'm about to do the same. What's it like?

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

I got it on amazon.

Case is fine, fits the tablet good, all buttons and what not are easily accessibly It does make the weight when holding noticeably heavier.

Delivery took 12 days.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

Just ordered a cheap case from Amazon, hoping it to be here by next Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,555 ✭✭✭SteM

Seems fine but I haven't used it to be honest. Bought it by mistake, meant to order a nexus 7 case for the missus. Would cost as much to send it back for a refund.

So how are you finding the N9 after the first few weeks?

Very happy with mine, a little light bleed but not noticeable during normal use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

Yeah, I like it overall. I've had an iPad the past 4 years and its great being released from that shenanigan.

Total android neophyte but it seems waaay better in terms of customisation etc. And I can load stuff off my PC. Generally feels like I own the tablet and am not renting from Apple under their terms.

I've noticed slight light bleed on 2 corners but it's not bothering me. The display isn't as sharp as the apple of course.

Anybody noticing it heats up significantly in top right hand corner? My only concern so far really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭odckdo

Joy go use. I am a light user but its very fast, easy to navigate and quick to change between apps.

I thought the smaller size might be a negative but I love it. I have a good cover and I find the smaller size much nicer in the hand compared to my older 10.1 sized tablet.

Thanks again OP - great bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Very pleased so far, decent screen and a fast device. I've read The Boys and I'm starting to wade (sic) through Deadpool now. :)

Good bargain, thanks OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭P0lygon Wind0w

Has anyone else experienced a white 'glow', bottom right about 2cm in and 1cm up, and about 1cm in diameter? It's not light bleed as experienced by others, and its only noticeable on white or light backgrounds. I actually returned my first one because of it and its now just started to appear on my new (of about 2 weeks) one.
    To be honest I wasn't sure if I caused it on the first model as if you press the back of the tablet in that location, its a bit soft and you can see that you are pressing the back of the screen (I hadn't done this before I noticed he issue originally, but figured something may have happened in my bag) but I've had this new model in a hard case since day 1 so I'm sure that's not the case this time round.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭RonyPonyBah

Mine is the exact same!
    It's also now bent!
    They don't call it the Flexus 9 for nothing.

Mine is the exact same!
    It's also now bent!

First I've heard of it, and google doesn't yield any reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭wilser

First I've heard of it, and GOOGLE doesn't yield any reference.

That bit might have something to do with it, am just going to put my tin hat on now cos you don't know who is watching¬_¬

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

wilser wrote: »
    That bit might have something to do with it, am just going to put my tin hat on now cos you don't know who is watching¬_¬

I'm sure Bing will yield results... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭P0lygon Wind0w

Mine is the exact same!
    It's also now bent!

Well at least I'm not the only one. Not sure I'd be fussed about bringing it back for a replacement again. Might just send it to HTC for repair as it seems like a design flaw.

Advertisement