Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 9 - 16GB & 32GB - €279

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,820 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Synode wrote: »
    No, there wasn't. I posted straight after you because I checked for availability and there was 0 anywhere

Oh really ? I could have swore there was a good few around. Maybe I searched the 16GB :( my bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

Synode wrote: »
    No, there wasn't. I posted straight after you because I checked for availability and there was 0 anywhere

I can confirm this, I checked too and there were zero in stock anywhere.

I have a confirmation email at this price, but this price is only valid until tomorrow, I hope they honour the price when it comes back into stock...

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Loadedscream

fret_wimp2 wrote: »
    Ah, if only i wasnt such a fool, i didnt realize it was so simple!

-What if i want to stream a movie/video located on the nexus? Ive tried the android screen cast and its not great, sound sync issues mainly.

-What about the tons of apps and services that simply dont have that little chromecast button?

Just use screen mirroring, works great - https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/6059461?hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

BigCon wrote: »
    I can confirm this, I checked too and there were zero in stock anywhere.

I have a confirmation email at this price, but this price is only valid until tomorrow, I hope they honour the price when it comes back into stock...

This. I've reserved/ordered one as I loved my Nexus 7 until I broke the screen, even with the Lollipop hiccup (resolved after a factory reset). I wanted to get something similar with a slightly bigger screen for reading but this was always much dearer than I was prepared to pay. If the price goes back up, I don't think I'll be collecting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 psawyer

I bought the 16g yesterday and am thrilled with it. I'm not a heavy user so its perfect and the screen quality and size are amazing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭skeg16

psawyer wrote: »
    I bought the 16g yesterday and am thrilled with it. I'm not a heavy user so its perfect and the screen quality and size are amazing

How do you find the home/volume buttons? Are the speakers decent?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

psawyer wrote: »

Why didn't you order and wait until the 32GB was in stock. Its the same price?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

I hope Argos will honour this price, it says can be ordered for collection for all stores but won't be delivered until 24 - 27 July and the current price is only valid until tomorrow.

Here's hoping they honour it! Currently using a Nexus 7 2013 which has served me well but it's on its last legs now at this stage.

The sound is good. I watched a movie on it no problem. The reason I didn't wait for the 32g is that Im not sure if they'd honour the price and I'm crap arguing and also I decided I had to have one immediately! I suppose I could order one and try to exchange if they'd let me!!

skeg16 wrote: »
    How do you find the home/volume buttons? Are the speakers decent?

Volume button on the side and no home button to speak of. It's on the screen iykwim

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭jonny_b

Niemoj wrote: »
    I hope Argos will honour this price, it says can be ordered for collection for all stores but won't be delivered until 24 - 27 July and the current price is only valid until tomorrow.

Here's hoping they honour it! Currently using a Nexus 7 2013 which has served me well but it's on its last legs now at this stage.

I rang Argos and they said if its reserved at the sale price I should get it at the sale price even though the promotion will be up they will honour the price.

jonny_b wrote: »
    I rang Argos and they said if its reserved at the sale price I should get it at the sale price even though the promotion will be up they will honour the price.

I might get it so if thats the case!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Just spotted the Samsung Tab A 9.7" in the DID Sale catalogue page 11 for €299 - seems to be about £260 on Amazon?? Comes with Lollipop and seems a newish model - could be a good alternative or am I missing something obvious? :o

edition.pagesuite-professional.co.uk//launch.aspx?pbid=c43ae37c-8bfb-49c0-af34-a696fc2d60df

Edit: sorry, I see it is €280 on Argos (reduced from 320) so obviously not much of a bargain - apologies!

Reserved it and it's available the 27th to 29th of July.

Let's just hope they honour the price now and I just might pick one up.

Hopefully they'll keep this price but probably now.

We'll find out tomorrow I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Let's just hope they honour the price now and I just might pick one up.

Hopefully they'll keep this price but probably now.

We'll find out tomorrow I guess.

Go back 3 posts :rolleyes:

So it's the 22nd today and the price @€;279 is still in effect!

Maybe it proved popular and they're keeping it at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭rachaell

I reserved one but just had a look at reviews and there's a lot of bad ones. Mostly about the screen, light bleeding issues. Maybe this is why they are reduced.
    I was going to get the lenovo tab 2 10inch but for the little bit extra this looks better, just the reviews are turning me off now.
    Has anyone heard of any problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Current selling price valid until 22/07/2015
    It's still the 22nd, so we'll see what happens tomorrow.

rachaell wrote: »
    I reserved one but just had a look at reviews and there's a lot of bad ones. Mostly about the screen, light bleeding issues. Maybe this is why they are reduced.
    I was going to get the lenovo tab 2 10inch but for the little bit extra this looks better, just the reviews are turning me off now.

It's still a bargain, but clearly a mis-price. Real price should be €450-500.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

What times do Argos prices update each day?

• Advertisement

rachaell wrote: »
    I think like the majority of tech items, the first batch always seems to have teething problems but as the tablet was released in Nov of last year I highly doubt these are first batches and therefore shouldn't have any issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

I think like the majority of tech items, the first batch always seems to have teething problems but as the tablet was released in Nov of last year I highly doubt these are first batches and therefore shouldn't have any issues.

Nope - major light bleed is still an issue, and has been with all batches.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

I also reserved one but the reviews aren't selling it to me. Though at 279 it's got to be worth a punt.

Anybody got one or input?

Im in 2 minds whether to buy this after seeing the below

146007d1415193902t-example-light-bleed-nexus-9-img_20141105_081239.jpg

146018d1415195590t-example-light-bleed-nexus-9-g3gc9tm.jpg

DSC_0221.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭jonny_b

Price up to €419 now

It's now up to €419 for the 32Gb.

Im in 2 minds whether to buy this after seeing the below

146007d1415193902t-example-light-bleed-nexus-9-img_20141105_081239.jpg

146018d1415195590t-example-light-bleed-nexus-9-g3gc9tm.jpg

DSC_0221.jpg

I think the issue is exaggerated in those images. You can't even see the Android logo in one of the images because the picture is so over exposed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

I also reserved one but the reviews aren't selling it to me. Though at 279 it's got to be worth a punt.

Anybody got one or input?

There have been a lot of very positive re-reviews of late, most of those reviews are 8 months old and review a €500 tablet not a €280 one.

http://m.androidcentral.com/nexus-9-finally-tablet-you-should-buy

I bought the 16g during the week. I just checked for light bleed. There's a tiny 1mm sliver on the left hand side which I would never noticed if I hadn't been looking. As I said I really like it. I'm not a techie, I've only used iPads before but I think this is brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

JDxtra wrote: »
    I think the issue is exaggerated in those images. You can't even see the Android logo in one of the images because the picture is so over exposed.

You can't argue the fact that it pretty clearly shows excess light all around the edges. And it's not due to the overexposed photo.

Advertisement