Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Siemens SPC 4320 - inertia sensors and firmware

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Zith wrote: »
    I have a 4320 running 3.4.5 but I can't figure out how to get it to connect to SPC connect. I see earlier in this thread people mentioning using it no problem with 3.4.5. What options should I be using to get the registration ID? Is it the remote management with that firmware? (no FlexC options in it).

Really is a great panel. I've had some nice fun tying it in to my electric gate so I can use an output to trigger the gate.

You need to upgrade FW to at least 3.6.0.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Zith

Thanks Mr. funk. I had thought it was possible with 3.4.5 also but explains why I could never get it to work!

I would appreciate if anyone could PM me a newer firmware link please

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I PMed you that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Hi,

Just finished rewiring whole home.
    Now i am looking for next stage.

Bought few sensors already, the UTC GS625 to use for windows upstairs and i'm looking at UTC GS711 for ground floor windows and doors.

If they are inertia AND with magnetic contact...will that means that when i setup the alarm will it notify me that some window(s) is/are opened !?

Thanks.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The alarm will notify you if any windows with contacts are opened.
    Its also an option to wire the contacts and sensors on 2 separate zones so it will tell you if a contact or an inerita has activated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

rolion wrote: »
    Hi,

Just finished rewiring whole home.
    Now i am looking for next stage.

Bought few sensors already, the UTC GS625 to use for windows upstairs and i'm looking at UTC GS711 for ground floor windows and doors.

If they are inertia AND with magnetic contact...will that means that when i setup the alarm will it notify me that some window(s) is/are opened !?

Thanks.

Yes the GS711 are the combined unit.
    What way are you setting these up, one sensor per zone or have you them all looped together?

Thanks to both for reply.

I have each window as a zone.
    4 pairs cable (8 wires) coming from the panel, fitted with zone expanders. I have 8 on board + 8 (powered for PIRs expander) + 8 (standard expander) +8 (standard expander) zones analysed controllers.

I will like to have the sensor and contact per window panel, so in the front wih two opening windows with 4 "sensors": one for shock and one for open/close for each window.

Now, down the shop for wired sensors.
    Are the HKC better or worse than UTC !?
    If not, which one are the best ?

Again, many thanks to you for sharing & caring !!

From experience I find UTC are better. I would also recommend the 613s over the 711.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

Thanks to both for reply.

I have each window as a zone.
    4 pairs cable (8 wires) coming from the panel, fitted with zone expanders. I have 8 on board + 8 (powered for PIRs expander) + 8 (standard expander) +8 (standard expander) zones analysed controllers.

I will like to have the sensor and contact per window panel, so in the front wih two opening windows with 4 "sensors": one for shock and one for open/close for each window.

Now, down the shop for wired sensors.
    Are the HKC better or worse than UTC !?
    If not, which one are the best ?

Again, many thanks to you for sharing & caring !!

Having them on different zones is the best option even if it means adding an extra expander.
    I prefer the slimline sensors.
    They also have the Astec head which can be installed at any angle.

Hi,

How do you use the latch function on the inertia 625 sensors, please !?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 kth1234

Hi

I have a spc4320 with 3.4.5, is it possible that i also could receive a firmware update..

Hi,

How do you use the latch function on the inertia 625 sensors, please !?

Thanks.
    Yo wire power to all the devices. There is also a link cable between all the devices.

kth1234 wrote: »
    Hi

I have a spc4320 with 3.4.5, is it possible that i also could receive a firmware update..

I have PMed you the latest firmware.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Frank Tp

Hi,
    I have a 4320 and wanted to add a few extra wireless sensors
    I have the RF board (SPCW110.000) and an 8 zone expander (SPCE652.100) and 2 wireless PIR's (ADM-I12W1 (N) )that I'm looking to install... . I have a few questions if I may...

1) Power down - unclip the battery and cut power ?.. or is there a set procedure
    There is room in the box behind the main board for the board so I can add there. RF module clicks in. seems simple enough.. next is the wiring

2) I think I wire the expander in parallel with my two keypads.. correct ?
    3) How do I supply power to the board ?

4) Will the SPC just 'detect' the new RF card and expander board once I add them and have them appear as extra zones I can use.

assuming all is okay above is there a method to 'pair' the PIR's
    Do I need to do it in situ or close to the panel initially

any help appreciated
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 climber1

Hi KoolKid,

Could I trouble you for the firmware upgrade from 3.4.5 to the most recent version? I got the SPC4325 panel just after Christmas and have spent many hours trying to get browser access to get me to this stage! (I've finally logged in and saved a copy of the existing firmware).

Thanks for all your help in previous posts - I wouldn't have got this far otherwise.

Some pointers for other that took me a while to figure out (but probably pretty obvious to those that do it often):
    - Tried to connect through a TimeCapsule first, switched to the UPS modem and had much better luck.
    - Had to use Internet Explorer (with SSL3.0 enabled - see internet options)
    - Enabled engineer access on the keypad
    - Enabled manufacturer access on the keypad
    - Enable web access on the keypad
    - Set up one user with manager user profile
    - Managed to log in to the browser for the first time!
    - Enabled engineer access by ticking the box
    - Logged out and back in as the engineer, and could finally download the existing firmware (3.4.5) and be ready to upload the latest version.

I have PMed you 3-6-6
    Firmware & peripheral firmware files.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 climber1

Fantastic, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 chiefbobcat

Hi Koolkid

I have firmware version 3.2, any chance you could send me on the firmware updates and the latest spc pro?

PMed you that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 chiefbobcat

Thanks for that

Can I upgrade from 3.2.5 straight to 3.6.6?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Don't upgrade for the sake of it. Some of the newer firmware is buggie.

Thanks for that

Can I upgrade from 3.2.5 straight to 3.6.6?

You can. I'll PM you the 366 firmware.
    That version is fine. It's what panels are shipped with now.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭fergalom

Koolkid,

Could I get the latest firmware updates, latest spc pro and peripheral files, thanks?

Also are there any outdoor wireless sensors compatible with a SPC5320 Siway?
    If not, assume a bridge is the way to go with another manufacturers outdoor sensor - need to put a shock / magnetic sensor on side gate.

What firmware are you on at the moment?
    I'll PM you 3-6-6
    In the past I have used the siway wireless contacts within an IP rated enclosure.
    I wouldn't recommend a shock sensor on an external gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭fergalom

Thanks for that Koolkid, pretty sure I'm on 3.6, would need to check at home. As I was going to be adding a sensor, said I would update the fw.

Good point re inertia, will stick the siemens one into a suitable IP enclosure

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭mickjohnlong

Hi koolkid
    Any chance you can send me the latest firmware updates please?

I have PMed you 366.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭mickjohnlong

Thanks koolkid

• Registered Users Posts: 1 datadiffusion

(deleted)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭squishey

Hi Koolkid

I have firmware version 3.6.0 any chance you could send me on the firmware updates and the latest spc pro?

Advertisement