Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Siemens SPC 4320 - inertia sensors and firmware

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 trav

Hi,

Just installed an SPC 4320 at home and would very much appreciate the updated firmware as well. I didn't have a huge amount of time to fiddle with settings but got the system to a user settable state with a few faulty zones disabled. I noticed that the keypad LCD still reads "ENGINEER ACCESS" even though I have completely logged out of the Web interface.

How do I fully exit engineer mode or am I misreading this message?

Many thanks in advance,
    Jamie

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It just means engineer access is enabled. This can be disabled in the variables settings to require user code to grant engineer access.

Thanks KoolKid, now I get it - engineer can access as opposed to engineer is currently accessing.

Would it be possible to PM the latest firmware?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

No problem. What version is on the panel at the moment?

Sorry for delay - just got a chance to check it: Version 3.4.5.

Interesting that I could not open the web interface under Chrome due to an SSL error - I presume this is related to the security breach on the lower firmware versions? Something to note anyway if anyone else sees this problem. It opens under IE fine.

• Advertisement

I PMed you those Files.
    Upgrade in order

Its a major rewrite of the browser. Back up & download the config file before you start.

Thanks a million KoolKid - worked without a hitch. I can also now access via Chrome again (without enabling SSL3).

No problem. Have you got SPC Connect set up?
    Make sure to enable notifications ,including network for polling fails.
    You can adjust the polling times by editing the ATS >ATP and set polling to Cat 4 or 5 for 3 minute polling or lower.

That's the next job on the list. I started the registration process but it was looking for a panel ID so I presume I will need to open the panel again and look for a PCB sticker or something? Will go at again this evening when I'm home.

Panel ID is shown in the browser under
    Communications... FlexC... ATS

• Advertisement

Ok thanks. I had assumed it would be a physical label in order to avoid hacking your way into an SPC Connect registration - presume Siemens have put some thought into this though ;-)

All done, SPC Connect set up and working as well. I managed to fit a home-plug into the panel as well for Ethernet access - will send a picture if anyone is interested. Fits exactly beside a 7Ah battery on a single socket with a shallow flush-box.

Thanks again to KoolKid for all the help.

Your welcome.
    Interested to see that pic and how it worked out.

Here it is!

Interesting.
    What size back box did you use?
    How slim is that adapter? (Just wondering would TP links fit)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

A single trailing socket might be even smaller again.

You could hardwire something like these into the mains supply.
    belkinpowerline_3.jpg
    But the cost would be a fair bit dearer.

It's one of these: DHP-509AV

Works fine, connected immediately no setup, just plugged one into router and the other into the panel and there it was.

The socket box is the shallowest you will normally get in a Wholesaler - 16mm. you have to route the wires around the socket terminals to get it to close. With that I'd say there's around 3mm clearance with the panel lid closed.

I was actually looking for a trailing socket but quite hard to find and a socket and flush box is probably cheaper.

That adapter is 37mm deep from the socket faceplate, BTW - doesn't seem to be on the specs.

Looks like TP Links would be fine too.

With its new ultra-compact housing design, TL-PA411KIT is much smaller than TP-LINK’s legacy mini 500Mbps Powerline Products. At just 28.5mm thick, it nearly blends completely in front of any power outlet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Didi42

Hello everyone,
    I also have a SPC 4320 with an old version 2.1.3 and an old SPC Pro version on CD.
    I'd like to update to the last version, especially for the SSL v3 bug, even if it's working fine with HTTP access (web and android app).
    I'm not sure if I shoud upgrade through SPC Pro or simply with the web portal, engineer access, file menu. What is the best ?
    KoolKid, if you can PM me the different files, I would appreciate a lot ;)
    Thanks in advance,
    Didier

Hi
    I sent you that pm.
    Upgrade through the web browser is best.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭tippgaafan

My Panel has not connected to SPC Connect since the 26th of December. It had been working fine up to this with the occasional disconnect due to broadband drop out. The Internet connection was up and down a few times over the past week but is back up now. All other devices in the house are connected to the internet. I can access the panel locally over the router. Running version 3.6.6. Any ideas on how to get it back online ?

Goto
    Utilities
    Restart and press select
    Wait a minute untill the panel restarts and the version display goes off the screen.
    Leave engineer and check Spc Connect status.

KoolKid wrote: »
    Goto
    Utilities
    Restart and press select
    Wait a minute untill the panel restarts and the version display goes off the screen.
    Leave engineer and check Spc Connect status.

Just tried restarting but still getting " SPC Connect Offline"..

What are the network connection settings on the panel?
    Can you log into the panel locally on your network?
    Can you try disabling and re enabling DHCP on the panel to ensure your router/modem is assigning an IP address to the panel?

Thanks for the suggestions.

I'm at work now and will check the network settings in the morning.

I am able to connect to the panel locally (https://192.168.1.3).

Last entry on SPC Connect website is:

Event Timestamp Event Seq No Event ID Event Description Additional Event Information
    26/12/2015 03:48 0 6002 ATP Down ATP 1: Primary ATP 1
    ATS 3143: SPC Connect
    26/12/2015 03:48 0 6004 ATS Down ATS 3143: SPC Connect

After that I would try restart the router and let it assign a new DHCP address then restart the panel again.

KoolKid wrote: »
    After that I would try restart the router and let it assign a new DHCP address then restart the panel again.

Disabling and Re-enabling DHCP did the trick.. Hopefully it will stay connected.

Thanks for the help...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Zith

I have a 4320 running 3.4.5 but I can't figure out how to get it to connect to SPC connect. I see earlier in this thread people mentioning using it no problem with 3.4.5. What options should I be using to get the registration ID? Is it the remote management with that firmware? (no FlexC options in it).

Really is a great panel. I've had some nice fun tying it in to my electric gate so I can use an output to trigger the gate.

Advertisement