Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway festival

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,831 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Dalasiri 12-1 5.35
    This one is intersting, has been in good company over longer trips of
    late so form looks poor, but it should run a good race here I feel. Has some good form
    over 1m4-1m6 last summer.
    I like at 12-1

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    Jesus Torment I think I read you saying that any horse you mention should not be backed, can I put a line through this one so?

LOL ��
    Tip came first hand from trainer. He expects it to run very well.

Colonel Mak 20-1 3.00
    Has been dropping down the ratings slowly,no recent form but has won
    many times over this trip in higher grade races.
    I think it has a chance in this group.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Some article has been in very good form lately. I'm going to take a chance on him at 10s in the hope that he hasn't climbed too far up the weights

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Nightmare from Buick there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭brassringclub

I have gone full Choo Choo on Prime Exhibit, the more I watch the race back

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Great ride by Frankie there.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,425 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Weld's horses have been weak as dishwater in the close.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭boomtown84

How many places are pp paying for the 3.45 anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Leithe na hOibre has stunned me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Weld's horses have been weak as dishwater in the close.

yeah, i'm feeling nervous about taking a plunge on his fav in the last race of the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

watch all these flops win next time out, under the radar and at big prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

ANOTHER CYCLONE to win the last and get me out of jail.
    gl

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Skintwin

Arra balls. Picked Chillie Billie in the Tipzer and never backed it. Gutted with myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

gazza1 wrote: »
    ANOTHER CYCLONE to win the last and get me out of jail.
    gl

Bail money required

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

Same connections as powerbomb fancy Sesikinane tomorrow. 33/1 with 365. On its lowest rating in a while 3 pts ew

Surely first figaro wins cozily , that punches town form is exceptional notwithstanding a 4-7 quote , goes in every bet for me today

surprised at the price, but at least a winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭shmeee

sdoc13 wrote: »
    Same connections as powerbomb fancy Sesikinane tomorrow. 33/1 with 365. On its lowest rating in a while 3 pts ew

40/1 with Bet Victor for those interested, 22/1 now with 365 and skybet who took some bets.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭shmeee

shmeee wrote: »
    40/1 with Bet Victor for those interested, 22/1 now with 365 and skybet who took some bets.

:D

5 mins later BV cut it to 28/1. Sure probably wouldn't lay more than a score at the price anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭evd

Back in to 22 already

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Sirtoyou

Anyone thinking of backing Rebel Fitz should be taking the 7/4 available. I'm told it's a lump job and the price will be shorter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

evd wrote: »
    Back in to 22 already

looks like significant early money for steel king in that race. very short price for such an open race.

An Saighdiur 25-1 3.20
    Not it's preferred trip but I think it has a ew place
    1pt ew

Texas RoCK 20-1 2PTS win 3.20
    I really like this off of this weight, has run some good races over 7f
    already this year. I think it will go very close here
    2pts win 20-1

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭tramoreman77

Sirtoyou wrote: »
    Anyone thinking of backing Rebel Fitz should be taking the 7/4 available. I'm told it's a lump job and the price will be shorter.

how many winners had russell had at galway ..he doesn't fill me with confidence

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭mountai

I notice he hasn't had a Byrnes horse in a while . Split in the camp??

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Sirtoyou

His regular pilot is now retained by JP and Ruby isn't available either. Russell was the previous regular pilot and landed plenty of races when the money was down. He's been a job jockey all his career. If I had to guess and it is a guess, his mouth gets him in trouble.

200F Arthur Guinness H'cap
    The Stewards enquired into the apparent improvement in form of Tudor City, trained by A.J.Martin, placed, first compared with its recent form. Evidence was heard from Garry O'Gorman, Turf Club Handicapper and the trainer concerned. Mr O'Gorman stated that he had initially given this horse a mark of 57. It had shown little or no form in its runs so far and his last run probably represented its best form. He stated that today's run off 54 represented a significant improvement in form. Mr Martin stated that this horse has suffered from a problem in his larynx and has gurgled at home since his last run. He applied a tongue tie since and he has been a different horse with it applied.
    Having considered the evidence the Stewards noted the trainer's explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

Goin racing in galway today

Just a right cut on rebel fitz , think he's the class horse here
    Also had small bets on

Baraweez
    Valours minion
    Seskinane

Good luck all - hopefully end the festival on a high

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Trained two mins down the road from me. He shares a stable with Niall Moran they fancy Don't Bother Me but he will find easier chances than this. Seskinane is no 33/1 shot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

Trained two mins down the road from me. He shares a stable with Niall Moran they fancy Don't Bother Me but he will find easier chances than this. Seskinane is no 33/1 shot

Agree backed it at leoparstown off of 10 lbs higher when it ran really well. Horse has been aimed at galway all year

Advertisement