Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway festival

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

What a disaster for Weld - no winners in the last two days.

the King Of Ballybrit has been dethroned

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

the King Of Ballybrit has been dethroned

Thank the lord

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

The Tony Martin bandwagon at it again
    SARWISTAN 5.35 opened up 14s and now as low as 5s in places.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,425 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

gazza1 wrote: »
    The Tony Martin bandwagon at it again
    SARWISTAN 5.35 opened up 14s and now as low as 5s in places.
    How does he get away with it? If I was the handicapper, for every non-effort, I would be raising the handicap mark 3lbs.

had been looking at that one earlier, had myself a bit of the 15/2.

• Advertisement

For the lark, I've done Zayafan, Landofhopeandglory, Sarwistan and First Figaro in an uber accumulator - €3 to win nearly €200.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Tony Martin is a gangster.. Full stop

How does he get away with it? If I was the handicapper, for every non-effort, I would be raising the handicap mark 3lbs.

I wish i knew the answer to that one as do other trainers id say !!

don't forget to add Liverpool (away to Helsinki) to that bet Francie ;)

I wish i knew the answer to that as do other trainers im guessing. !!
    i also wouldnt be suprised if CLOCKED managed to get into the 5.00 making hcap debut. Hes 1st reserve atm.
    gl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

betbright wont even take a 2 euro bet on that martin horse :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭CheltenhamJ

Surely first figaro wins cozily , that punches town form is exceptional notwithstanding a 4-7 quote , goes in every bet for me today

Sarwistan back out to 12/1 with Ladbrooks

Sarwistan back out to 12/1 with Ladbrooks
    thanks, just taken a chunk.

Surely first figaro wins cozily , that punches town form is exceptional notwithstanding a 4-7 quote , goes in every bet for me today
    Robbie McNamara tipped it at the start of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

don't forget to add Liverpool (away to Helsinki) to that bet Francie ;)

MEGATRON

I see Burn The Boats has switched over to Mike Murphy's stable and goes in the 4:35. We all know this one has bags of potential, but seems to have lost its way. Maybe the chance of scenery will do the horse some good - will take a chance on it at 33/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Sirtoyou

I see Burn The Boats has switched over to Mike Murphy's stable and goes in the 4:35. We all know this one has bags of potential, but seems to have lost its way. Maybe the chance of scenery will do the horse some good - will take a chance on it at 33/1.

Non runner.

REX IMPERATOR is surely worth an ew in the first at Goodwood having only gone up 2lbs for winning LTO.
    Thoughts anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

gazza1 wrote: »
    REX IMPERATOR is surely worth an ew in the first at Goodwood having only gone up 2lbs for winning LTO.
    Thoughts anyone?

I think he was pricewised, 28 runner handicap so I'm finding it hard to pick one but he does like the course

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Was tempted by Gamesome in that but in all my years betting I don't think I've ever backed the winner of one of those handicaps. I'll stick to my 47-65 irish handicaps

one thing Rex does have going for him is the high draw seems to be advantageous when they have the full 28 runners over 6f.

one of interest to me is Cantlow in the 3:15 Galway.
    was a good 6th in the Irish National, and that day (and his few runs before that) his jumping let him down.
    back over hurdles off a mark of 133 he's worth an e/w punt at 16s

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭brassringclub

Western Boy, lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭evd

ShaneU wrote: »
    No tips, just fancies from me.

Will post tomorrow's here if you like.

Anything today... I'm down quite a bit this week

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭brassringclub

Prime Exhibit at 5.00 in Galway. Ran up the arse of every single horse coming into the straight in the race Bribe the Bouncer won earlier in the week. Give it a watch if you can.

2pt ew at 25s.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭mick malones mauser

Prime Exhibit at 5.00 in Galway. Ran up the arse of every single horse coming into the straight in the race Bribe the Bouncer won earlier in the week. Give it a watch if you can.

2pt ew at 25s.

Always interested in Loughnane horses

Long time since I posted a tip but was told last weekend To back Erlkonig in the 3:15

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭evd

2pt ew at 25s.

TheTorment Long time since I posted a tip but was told last weekend To back Erlkonig in the 3:15

That would make a nice double

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

TheTorment wrote: »
    Long time since I posted a tip but was told last weekend To back Erlkonig in the 3:15

Jesus Torment I think I read you saying that any horse you mention should not be backed, can I put a line through this one so?

Advertisement