Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Only Connect

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Beluga (caviar?)

You're mine?

11 Eagle 1969

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

What's going on this evening anyone know? UPC EPG is showing Nigella after university challenge. I am disappoint.:(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Only Connect on prior to University Challenge this evening for some reason. I recorded them both anyway, so caught them. There was a Pointless answer on the wall too.

quickbeam wrote: »
    Only Connect on prior to University Challenge this evening for some reason. I recorded them both anyway, so caught them. There was a Pointless answer on the wall too.

Well sh1t!
    Have to try to get the BBC player going so.

Well sh1t!
    Have to try to get the BBC player going so.

Autumn watch

• Registered Users Posts: 29,069 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I think Nigella took over the slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭brian_t

Only Connect on prior to University Challenge this evening for some reason.

And stays there for the next seven weeks (Thanks to Nigella).

Next week, I'm told, Only Connect moves to 7.30pm. Then at Christmas it moves back to 8.30. As if the show weren't baffling enough already.

https://mobile.twitter.com/VictoriaCoren/status/658733431786971137?p=v

• Advertisement

Noted for next week onwards, thank folks. Damn iPlayer isn't buying my VPN. Is it repeated do any of you know?

Noted for next week onwards, thank folks. Damn iPlayer isn't buying my VPN. Is it repeated do any of you know?

No. When it moved from BBC4 we lost the repeat.

Some kind soul puts them up on youtube it seems :)

Although it's actually series 19 not 11.

Thank you kind souls! Quite enjoyed that one, was better at it than normal (except the missing vowels, which I'm normally pretty good at).

brian_t wrote: »
    Although it's actually series 19 not 11.

Just to correct this, it is Series 11 and there are 10 more episodes to go.

VCM on Question Time BBC1 LONDON 10.35

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

Ha. Got two answers the teams missed. Losers.

Children in Need special now

• Registered Users Posts: 72,411 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

My brain hurts. :(

Back to its proper time of 8.30pm from tomorrow on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72,411 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

I got a question right!!

Bang Bang :D

What connects Brownies, Michael Fagan, Freddie Krueger and the Milk Tray Man.

Find out on Monday at 8.30pm - Series 12 - Episode 1 of 37

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭FrKurtFahrt

brian_t wrote: »
    What connects Brownies, Michael Fagan, Freddie Krueger and the Milk Tray Man.

Find out on Monday at 8.30pm - Series 12 - Episode 1 of 37

Is it something to do with breaking into bedrooms? I know Fagan and the Milk Tray Man did. I suspect (not having seen the films) Krueger did. Brownies, I have no idea.

Yay! I love Only Connect. Fantastic it's back. University Challenge on before it too. Yippee!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,069 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Yay! I love Only Connect. Fantastic it's back. University Challenge on before it too. Yippee!!
    Best two programmes on the telly, bar none.

Yayy!

Loved seeing this back last night. I do okay in University Challenge, but barely get a question right at all in Only Connect, but it's still addictive TV. Only one I got right was which came next in the series: Charlotte I, George VII ....

My favourite one from last night (which I didn't get right at all, or even come close to), was which came next in the series: Mr. Spock, a boy scout, Winston Churchill .....

Answer to the first one:
    William V, Charles III - regnal name and number for the first four in line to succession to British throne should become monarch, in reverse order.

Answer to the second one:
    a cricket umpire, or anybody who does a one finger salute, since Spock is famous for his four finger salute, a boy scout for his three finger salute, Churchill for his two finger (V for Victory) salute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Utah

I got two last night and was absolutely delighted with myself! It's a great show!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

They should allot more time to the Missing Vowels round. It's always rushed into a very short space of time at the end of the show. Drop a minute or two from the Connecting Wall and give the final round a bit more attention.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I think they should ditch that round altogether. It seems substantially different to all other rounds in the quiz and the format lends itself to teams getting a favourable category and winning the entire game based on pot luck.

Why not gave a quick fire connection round?

Advertisement