Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Batman (Matt Reeves) ***spoilers from post 1030***

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I think by now, the Batman film series has had enough surprise casting choices that worked out well, that we should give anyone the benefit of the doubt; Pattinson & Kravitz are both young, talented actors with a plethora of meaty roles to know that - if the script is good - this could be a good one.

In light of Joker showing there's an appetite for something beyond big splashy thrills, here's hoping DC give Reeves et al some latitude to make the film they want. They probably won't, 'cos Batman sells toys, but we can dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,117 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Can't see Seth Rogan in this. I think Hill was meant to fill the esteemed Oscar nominated/winner quota so they must be looking at more actors that fit that mould.

They need some big, respected names, to pad out the rogues gallery. Funnily enough I'd love to see Jake Gyllenhaal as the Riddler. I don't think MCU will need him again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,490 ✭✭✭brevity

Crispin Glover would be a good riddler.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Can't see Seth Rogan in this. I think Hill was meant to fill the esteemed Oscar nominated/winner quota so they must be looking at more actors that fit that mould.

They need some big, respected names, to pad out the rogues gallery. Funnily enough I'd love to see Jake Gyllenhaal as the Riddler. I don't think MCU will need him again.
    Jesse Eisenberg would have been a good Riddler, if they hadn't cast him as Lex already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

brevity wrote: »
    Crispin Glover would be a good riddler.

Bit too unreliable.
    Tazzimus wrote: »
    Jesse Eisenberg would have been a good Riddler, if they hadn't cast him as Lex already.

He was terrible as Lex, why would he be good as the Riddler?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Effects wrote: »
    Bit too unreliable.

He was terrible as Lex, why would he be good as the Riddler?
    He's the wrong kind of actor to play Lex, but would suit Riddler quite well, with his little quirks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,490 ✭✭✭brevity

Tazzimus wrote: »

I think he would just remind me of Mark Zuckerberg.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,148 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

brevity wrote: »
    I think he would just remind me of Mark Zuckerberg.

I think that's what they were going for with casting him as Lex in the first place. Wasn't a bad idea imo but Eisenberg made a mess of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Josh Gad for penguin, Jk... :)
    Having just watched El Camino, I'm thinking Jesse Plemons would make a good penguin.
    And before anyone points it out, I'm fully aware that I make terrible casting choices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

kerplun k wrote: »
    Having just watched El Camino, I'm thinking Jesse Plemons would make a good penguin.

How on earth did you make that connection?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭kerplun k

He's a good actor. He reminds me of Philip Seymour Hoffman, who I always thought would make a great Penguin

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Jonah hill to be back as the penguin, once the check clears

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Paul Dano is the Riddler. Great choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Mr E wrote: »

That's awesome and straightforward casting. Sometimes the best choice is the most obvious one as opposed to trying to be clever like Snyder did with Lex.

Can't wait to see his sh1tbird cretin of a Riddler.

Mr E wrote: »

Hell yes

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

That's actually spot on casting. Now it's over to the script, fingers crossed it's not hot garbage .... and hopefully if The Riddler is the main villain, the plot and action match as a puzzlebox. A generic smash em up would be a letdown.

Jonah hill about to fire his agent :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Fingers crossed for Alan Tudyk or Domhnall Gleeson to play Lucius Fox..

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

Dano is a superb actor. A great choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I actually can’t watch this now, if dano isn’t the riddler now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Jingle bells, Batman smells

• Registered Users Posts: 14,534 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Not getting the vibe for Pattinson as Bruce Wayne or Dano as the Riddler.
    Bale will be a hard act to follow and Nolan an impossible act .

They need to leave the Batman franchise alone for a few years .

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Not getting the vibe for Pattinson as Bruce Wayne or Dano as the Riddler. Bale will be a hard act to follow and Nolan an impossible act .

They sure were.

Except that Afleck already showed that Bale could be followed, even with the crap he was given to work with

Pattinson will bulk up like bale did, put on an American accent, I just hope it's rooted in the real world after the snyder verse overkill of the pretty terrible justice league

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

tbh I'm sick of the same Batman villains. We've already had Catwoman. I wanna see Mr Freeze and Poison Ivy done right this time. Maybe even Hugo Strange or Scarecrow.

I want Clayface. No particular reason, just think it could look cool.
    Bale will be a hard act to follow and Nolan an impossible act .

Bale was an awful Batman with a stupid Batman voice.

Jervis Tetch, Blackmask, Hush, Zsasz would be my top picks

Advertisement